Xavier University of Louisiana

« See more reviews of Xavier University of Louisiana

I wish I had known that I would end up becoming a special education teacher. That way I could have still attended this school, become certified, and be into my teaching career at this time. I chose to attend Xavier because of its remarkable reputation. At the time I wanted to become a doctor and thought I had it figured out concerning my career path. However life taught me a valuable lesson and that is you cannot always get what you want but you will get everything you need. Working with children with special needs is a blessing and has

I wish I had known what classes would be helpful to take together my freshman year. I wish Ive would have known that the dorms wasn't going to be to much to my liking and that saving up for a car would have been a great idea because I would need one in case I didn't want to take to bus. I wish I would have prepared myself for the work load that can with college and that I was going to be dealing with some very unusaul personilities that were not like mines.

I wish I had better study habits. College is different. In most classes homework is not mandatory to do, so you may think why do it if it will not be graded. Well, do it as if it were to be graded so you can stay on track. Learning is not solely based on grades!

I wish I knew about the work load! It is very demanding, but in a good way. The teachers teaching methods are very abstract, so the work is very useful when we have conversations in the classroom and outside of the classroom.

I wish I known that I need t know when to drop a class instead of keeping it and getting a bad grade. I wish I would have known to stay focus and put friends because they were not going to be there next semester.

I wish that I would of known more about financial aid at this school. It is so difficult to get accurate information from them without getting the run around.

I wish I had Known more about Writting techniques so I could not only be on the proper level but also stay ahead in my education.

I wish I had known how much financial aid doesn't pay for and the recurrance of hurricanes.

I wish I had known about how small the classes are, which is a good thing for me.

I wish I had known how much of a factor Greek life played in social terms.