Xavier University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Xavier University

Seth

Many people who visited the college they currently attend have told me that they had gotten a "feeling" that this was the right place for them. I got this feeling when I visited Xavier. The beauty of the campus and the small class sizes really resounded with me, as well as the city of Cincinnati being a prospective place for internships. The Jesuit education is what I want to continue throughout college, and Xavier is just what I needed. It has become my number one choice ever since my visit.

Sure Xavier is a liberal arts college rooted in Jesuit values, but college is what you make it; and most Xavier students know how to balance good grades, exploring all the fun Cincinnati has to offer, and getting in a little partying too.

Madeline

Xavier is a small Jesuit school in Cincinnati, OH. Although it is small with just under 5,000 undergraduate students there are many opportunities to get involved on and off campus. Involvement is very important for a college student and Xavier can definitely contribute to helping students get involved. Cincinnati is a great city and has many open opportunities. Xavier has a very friendly and welcoming community and I wouldn't trade my school for the world. The study spaces are nice and spacious, but during exams it is hard to find a room or place to sit and focus. The food in the cafeteria is hit or miss and very repetitive, just like most school I can imagine. Overall, Xavier academically is impressive with helpful professors, small class sizes and modern technology.

Mariah

At Xavier it is very easy to get to know your professors as well as build meaningful relationships with them to learn more about different industries or other connection they may have. It is very personable here and easy to get to know a large amount of people if you are involved. There's plenty to do in Cincinati you just have to get out there and explore the different opportunities

RaeAnne

What I can say about Xavier University is that the motto really explains it all. All for one and one for all. That is how this college operates when it comes to both the campus and the community around it. We all help each other whether it's the students, teachers, office faculty, campus police, etc.

Leah

I really love Xavier and its size. The class sizes are small so I get to know my classmates more personally than you would say at UC or OSU. The professors are helpful and nice. There are some places not too far from campus to go to (even better with a car). Xavier's campus itself is beautiful!

Sara

I have just completed my first year at Xavier and can honestly say I loved almost every minutes of it! I have made some amazing friends and had even more amazing classes, I found faculty that really want to see me succeed and will do anything to help me get to where I want to be. I even have an on-campus job that I love, I get to recruit the future generation of Xavier students every day. I don't think there is any university I would rather be at than Xavier.

Xavier University is a tight-knit community who truly mean what they say when they ask you to join the Xavier family. You can't be on campus without seeing someone you know. The campus is small, but just large enough you don't feel you're in a fish bowl. There are plenty of clubs to join for all interests (over 180) with a great deal of service opportunities to give back to the community. The party scene at school isn't great, but if you're looking you can find one on the weekends for sure. Plus, you can always pop by UC a few minutes away to really party. The campus food doesn't have the best selection for vegetarians or vegans, but the caf workers are really nice and they have a gluten free section for those who need it. The pizza and curly fries are amazing!

Presley

Xavier University is a great university to be enrolled in. It is a positive environment full of bright and intelligent students. It also has teachers with the passion for teaching and are eager to see their students become successful. Being part of this community is a great way to share culture, religion, and contributions to make the university better. I am grateful every day to be a part of this lovely community. The university is very supportive of new ideas and welcomes new students or a staff member with love and joy. There are many things I love about the university. I love seeing the union of all the teachers and students. It seems everyone on campus understands each other and are willing to keep the atmosphere of the university peaceful and full of love. I have learned about different cultures through classes and clubs. My involvement on campus has taught me to be open-minded and acceptive of others that are different than me. My experiences so far such as attending the Emerging leadership retreat, has allowed me to me people of different personalities. This retreat helped me become aware of the different types of leadership styles and how to work well with such personalities.

John O'Connor

I'm seriously considering Xavier University and have visited the university 3 times so far and really like what I've seen. The faculty seems excellent and concerned about the students and their success. The classes seem challenging and I am looking into Pre-Med and their acceptance rate is more than double the national average which is a reason why I'm strongly considering Xavier.

Lucy

Xavier is an overall good school to be at if you want a well-rounded education. There's not much of a party scene but there is a few local clubs and local parties going on the weekends. its located only a couple minutes from downtown Cincinnati and a short drive from downtown Clifton.

Xavier is a great place to go to school small classes 20 is average. Basketball is big their, go to a game it’s amazing! Xavier supports everyone and will help wherever they can. I love going to Xavier it’s a great place to go so if your looking for a college that cares Xavier cares.

Michele

Xavier University has a relatively small campus that allows students to continuously see new and familiar faces. The academics allow for learning across subjects while still studying your major of choice. There are plenty of extracurriculars that enable students to be involved on campus and in the community.

Caitlyn

I only went to Xavier for my first year, but I loved it while I was there. The professors are all very nice and want nothing more than the students to exceed. The campus life is great. I loved living on campus. The campus is very small, so you always see familiar faces. And the food is AMAZING.

Seriah

It’s a great place not far from the city, beautiful and very spirited. It focuses on student success and furthermore focuses on the spiritual aspect of all individuals. As a Jesuit school you are not required to go to church but in some shape or form your character and beliefs will be attended to.

Dionna

It's a really good school. The cost looks expensive but they give you lots of scholarships to bring those costs down a lot. The professors are not teachers they are just people who've mastered in their field. Overall this school is amazing there are so many activities to do basketball is also huge here.

Abigail

I really love it. I couldn't picture my life anywhere else! Everyone is so nice, and I have never personally witnessed any prejudice or hate anywhere on campus. Most professors are extremely kind and open to help. I love the dorms and the dining hall. I basically just love everything!

Zania

I think Xavier is a great school that is capable of providing me with the education and experiences that I need to be able to achieve the career or life goals that I want to reach. There is a wonderful support system coming from the Xavier staff, teachers, and students.

Alex

Amazing school that gives a full and diverse education due to its Jesuit values. I really grew at Xavier due to the clubs and student envolment around campus. Only negative about xavier would have to be the price tag and additional fees. College gets expensive.

Caridad

My opinion is that Xavier is the perfect place to get to know people. The small size allows for easy interaction between students and the small campus allows for students to feel less overwhelmed when they first arrive on campus. Overall Xavier is a great place that students often call home as soon as they step on campus.

Rafael

Xavier is a great place to be it you are looking for a smaller school with a big town feel. Granted it will not be the same as a large public university, but people here really do care about your success just as much as theirs. People here love to partake in sports and extracurricular activities and many opportunities lie within the university. Xavier can be compared to a family unit. You will run into challenges and struggles, but at the end of the day many of us just want you to be the best you can be.

Deja

When I first moved into my dorm, I was the only one in the room at the time because I did early move in. The first night there by myself I missed all my family and friends back home. I barely slept because the environment was so foreign to me and I didn’t really feel comfortable. A couple of days went by and all the freshman had to participate in an orientation/ program called Manresa. I personally did not enjoy some of the activities we did because it made me come out of my comfort zone and we constantly had to interact with our peers for 7 hours straight. But, on the last day of Manresa, I meet a girl that introduced me to a group of girls she became friends with and that day forward I knew Xavier was for me. When I first met the other girls in the group, they treated me as if we were already best friends. Everyone had great personalities and a welcoming spirit that gave me a sense of home. That same day we all went out to eat and I could already tell we were building bonds that would last forever. I honestly felt like we were all meant to be friends in a sense. None of our personalities clashed and even though we each had different interest in things we were all accepting of one another. Also, I continued with my love for cheer and made the cheer team for Xavier’s Basketball. I’ve been cheering since I was 6, so to still do something I love in college made me feel even more at home. Although I just finished my first year of college, I’d say that it’s a one in a lifetime experience. You meet people from all over the country or maybe even a different country and it feels like you’ve known them all your life. You go through just about everything with your college friends. Starting from the struggle of what you want your major to be, up to the tears during finals week. Being at Xavier has made my mind explore topics that I would have never thought of. It has made me open my mind to see things from different perspectives and has open the door for many opportunities. I can honestly say, going to college has and still is shaping me into a better person overall. I am proud to say that Xavier has become my second home.

Carson

I really loved the culture on campus! I think that Xavier has a unique feel, and really focuses on it's catholic education to influence the way it focuses on problems in the world. Xavier truly teaches an education of the mind and soul, and I would encourage anyone to go to school there.

Xavier offers great companionship opportunities and chances to expand your experiences. Along with ample opportunities, Xavier has great academics that are accompanied by small classes and available professors. Xavier also has amazing athletics that include all students. Xavier is inclusive, fun, and welcoming.

Andre

Xavier University is a Jesuit School that provides overall very good education, medical care for its students, recreational activity for the active, great eating facilities for students and faculty and overall a clean, safe and friendly atmosphere. Xavier University (of Cincinnati) offers its students top quality education . Students can learn in a classroom that is small. The professors are overall very good. The classrooms are designed so that they it is not crowded which encourages overall a good interaction with the professors. In terms of its medical care, Xavier University medical care provides students with top quality doctors and nurses who care and can trouble shoot and prescribe appropriate medications leading to recovery from illness and injury for its students. For students who are active, Xavier University offers its students who can fit in their schedule many organizations to join. These organizations are top quality that can challenge students to express themselves and interact with other members in a constructive manner that can lead to the university being better off. The eating facilities for students and faculty at Xavier University is outstanding! The eating center near the Bursar's office is state of the art! Whatever a person eating desires are, they have it! Imagine, having a Quizno's, a Larosa's Pizzeria having pizza's made fresh to order in front of you, a Chic-Fil-La, McDonalds, a Specialty sand which shop, a fruit market, a bakery, a Bob Evans, self service breakfast and coffee shop, and a four star restaurant that provide top quality food that's gluten free in one place. That's is their eating place is ! Xavier University does make every attempt to keep their campus safe and clean. They attempt to keep crime in check. They safety advisories via email along with weather advisories. The buildings are cleaned by janitors who overall are good. It is my belief that Xavier University will continue to strive to provide top quality education, medical care, recreational facilities, outstanding eating facilities, safe, and clean campus for its students.

Molly

Xavier is an incredible school with lots of opportunities. There are lots of clubs -- many of them being academics related. One of the great things about Xavier is the mix of the atmosphere. Party-goers can easily find parties on weekend nights, but those who aren't into partying can also find things to do, as there are also many others on campus who don't party. The size is great: it's big enough that you don't always see the exact same people all the time, but is small enough that you typically pass at least one person that you know or recognize while walking to class. The food in the caf is good, but is very repetitive. The biggest downfall would be the lack of options around campus for food. Academics are very important, and nearly all of the professors are willing to do whatever they can to help you, as long ask you ask them while there is still time for them to help you.

Brooklyn

I attended Xavier for a year and decided to withdraw to transfer. Overall, a pretty decent school. It’s safe, a beautiful campus, with average food. It’s overpriced and classes can be hard to get into but that’s what you’ll find at most universities. Hit and miss with professors, it’s good to check ratemyprofessor. A downside to small class sizes is sometimes not getting into the class you want or you might not get a great professor. I left because of the theatre program, while it puts on great shows, the program itself is not worthwhile. The head of the theatre program does not really care for his students, only himself. It was just a toxic environment where I felt like I was so under appreciated and unwanted. The shows put on by the theatre department were spectacular but sometimes that isn't what is most important. Being able to participate in great shows but feeling emotionally exhausted everyday from the environment, and being scared of the head of the department in every rehearsal or class just was not worth it to me. My mental health also took a hit while I was here and the counseling services on campus turned me away, and many others I know, so beware if you have any type of mental illness and want help.

Natalie

Xavier is a wonderful campus, full of diverse people and goals. The campus provides a community feel and makes it easy to feel engaged and belonged. Students are encouraged to have discussions and think critically to form opinions. The studies provide a way to develop your whole person, rather than solely focus on your education and career goals.

Christine

When I first toured Xavier's campus I fell in love. It's a beautiful campus and just the right size for me. I was between Xavier and UC but chose Xavier because of their smaller class sizes, and I'm glad I did. The science programs and their faculty are amazing. I originally entered Xavier as a chemistry major, but after my freshman year I felt that biology was more my interest. With the help of my chemistry academic advisor I changed my major to biology, and I was lucky to end up with the head of the biology department as my new academic advisor. I love that Xavier is much smaller than most colleges because it means that your professors will actually know you as a person rather than just another number in their class. It also helps when it comes to academic advisors because they can spend more time getting to know you and help you stay on track instead of falling through the cracks. Though we may not have Greek life, students have unlimited amount of opportunities to get involved in Xavier's community. I myself am not a super religious person and thats okay, Xavier is full of different beliefs and just because Xavier is a Jesuit university doesn't mean that you have to have the same beliefs. Xavier maybe a bit hard to afford, but if you have the chance to attend Xavier I suggest doing because you will not regret spending 4 years (or more) here.

Mallory

Xavier University provides a comfortable space for students to learn academically, as well as achieve levels of personal development that are important for young adulthood. The class sizes are small enough, that professors are able to know the student as an individual. In my experience, reaching out to professors and staff has been incredibly easy. Help always seems to be there for those who ask for it.

Xavier University is an incredibly inclusive campus full of professors, peers, and staff who care for the well-being of others. The "all for one, one for all" motto at this university truly embraces the importance of community and relationship building.

Rylee

Xavier is my home, but there are definitely ups and downs about it. Our gym, O'Connor has been a trash hole for decades now and just as we are graduating they are building. new one. Our health facility is under par too. Overall, I love Xavier but it is not all great!

Joshua

Lovely school, community and environment.

Connor

Xavier University is a renowned private institution in Cincinnati, Ohio. In my four months of being there, I found it a great place to meet people, make new friends, and study hard. There are plenty of places to learn in and out of the academic halls, so there's no excuse for students not to get their work done in a quiet environment. There are so many resources for students to use to help with their academics, such as advisors for success, free tutors, and laptop rentals. Plenty more where that came from. I honestly can say that Xavier seems to be a great school to simply learn as much as one can. Not to mention the basketball team is good too!

David

Xavier University is a Private Institution in Cincinnati, Ohio. As a first-year student, I was able to see first-hand how the university functions on a regular basis. Xavier University is an overall decent-to-above average university. Xavier University’s greatest assets really stem from the sports scene. Xavier’s emphasis on sports is highlighted by the massive support the students around campus show for the event. You can clearly tell they love to support their home team. Another asset to Xavier is the food and cuisine there. Xavier holds Award-winning food and it shows, as the food is amazing. Xavier’s academics vary from amazing professors to mediocre professors. Some are excellent and some could do better. I feel that the best professors Xavier has to offer are the ones who can put the time to meeting with you regarding grades, help. Etc. I also feel that Xavier has a lot to offer with extracurricular activities, there is an abundance of activities that allows students to engage within the greater community. However, the process to joining a club is tedious as joining a club is an online process. Xavier’s class size is perfect for anyone to join as the class vary from being small to decently big, meaning that it provides a comfortable environment for students to work under. The facilities are quite nice as it gives off a vibe that “Yeah, you’re in college now”. Overall, even though this is my first-year at Xavier, I hope that you find the review useful.

Kristen

As a future student I am very excited to be a part of Xavier. While I was applying and looking for nursing programs Xavier caught my eye. The campus is close to downtown Cincy. The advisors are awesome during the application process always checking in with you to help you get everything ready for when you start at Xavier.

Margaret

Xavier University is great school to attend and I have enjoyed my freshman year experience immensely. I fell in love with the campus and everything it had to offer. Students are friendly, professors are welcoming, and the atmosphere is very joyful. Additionally, we have a lot of school spirit, things such as basketball games and other sports are celebrated. However, if sports don't interest you, we have great clubs and are very supportive of our Arts community. Overall, Xavier is a fantastic place for higher education, I hope that everyone has the opportunity to attend school here.

Maddie

It's okay. I had a rough first semester but once I got into second semester things got much better. Housing is okay, too expensive, but what isn't these days? Dining is fine, facilities are fine, academics are good. Professors are ALWAYS available outside of class time, whether it be in person or by email.

Margaret

I have loved Xavier University from the first time I stepped on campus. We have a super supportive student body, small class sizes which means great relationships with your professors, and awesome facilities. Campus is beautiful and small which makes for greats times walking around, studying outside, and hanging out with friends. I recommend Xavier to anyone who enjoys personal and deep relationships with others.

Donielle

It's a decent school, very diverse. Every time I stepped foot outside I could see how everyone interacted very well. People of all different backgrounds come together inside and outside the classroom. It's such a lovely sight to see. The teachers are willing to put in the extra time to help, as long as you want it for yourself. If you didn't start off college feeling like an adult, you definitely graduated becoming one. When there is a political, racial, etc., issue that occurs on campus it is address immediately. I'm no longer living in the area and it feels good to know that they're good about keeping alumni aware and involved on things going on at Xavier, and continue to find was to improve the campus and students. You feel safe all the time and any suspicious activity is responded to immediately. Not only have I built great relationships with the faculty, but staff as well. The dining hall became my favorite place on campus, not just because of the wonderful food. I developed relationships with the dining staff that will last a lifetime. They were mentors, family away from home, and people that encouraged you to study and ace your exam. The fact that school believes in a lot of the things that I hold dear to my heart, made it the best home away from home, for me. I love how environmentally friendly the campus is and how they promote awareness on a plethora of issues. There wasn’t a time where I didn’t feel comfortable being on campus. I met some really cool people throughout my years at Xavier and wish nothing but the best for them.

Roscoeria

Xavier University is a really great college who has many supportive professors. It takes a minute to get use to but once you get use but it's worth the wait. The academic support is the main part I like about the University. The unity as a community is also there which is very good for those who are shy.

Emma

I love Xavier! it's a great place to learn and has an amazing and welcoming environment. all the people are super kind, caring, and spirited, and going to the basketball games are so much fun! academically, the small class sizes are amazing, and the professors care a lot about each individual student.

Olivia

Xavier University offers an amazing education. The staff is very helpful and often makes time to fit you into their schedule. Not the mention almost every teacher has office hour numerous times a week. The downside is the immediate area surrounding. Although University of Cincinnati is two miles away, there is not much to do surrounding the immediate area. However, the school does try and have on campus events that allow students to be involved.

JaiNicole

My overall opininon of Xavier University is that it is a great school, I love it here. Everyone is so nice and friendly and the professors, financial aid office, success coaches and academic advisors are so helpful. Xavier is a role model college! Xavier is also great because the campus is pretty small and everything is close together so you don't have to hike to get to class and Xavier offers free therapy and up to $7,000 to full time students who need help with rent and basic needs! They recently helped me with rent and the great thing is you don't even have to pay it back and I don't know what other school that does that. Xavier also has an extremely higher than noral rate of students who get a career job in their field by a month to 9 months after they graduate, I love this school, great community, great Academics and a great opportunity for me to be here.

Pascal

Xavier university creates an environment that is extremely welcoming. Even when I had been skeptical about the small college environment, it can honestly fit anyone. The school is extremely clean and organized. If you live sports you will love this school as well, there is a good amount of school spirit when you walk around, most people have Xavier clothing.

Anna

This is a great school that I hope to attend!

tori

I love Xavier University and hope to become a student there soon. It is working hard to change the world and I would love to be a part of it. Xavier University has opportunities for all types of people and that was noticable when I visited. The school is safe, beautiful, and all inclusive, which is a great sign to me as a Senior looking for a perfect college to attend myself.