Yale University

« See more reviews of Yale University

I wish I had known that my Yale experience would be just as much, if not more, about the learning I did outside of the classroom. Yale students worked extremely hard in high school to get high marks to get in, but at Yale, I feel I learned just as much from the fascinating professors and students I interacted with as I did in my classes.

I wish I would have had a better idea of the overall direction I wanted my life to take, as well as skills in setting goals and making plans to do so. I also wish I would have learned to write a good research paper and to study effectively and efficiently.

I wish I had started out with a club sport instead of a varsity sport, but that's why I'm doing wrestling instead of crew now. Now, I have enough time to dedicate to other activities I've wanted to do for a while, like start a band.

Yale is full of really down-to-earth people. There's kind of a stigma that comes along with the fact that it's an Ivy League school, but everyone here is really friendly and accessible.

I wish I'd known how difficult classes would be - I only took four my freshman year and could have crammed in another one. There's so many great things to learn here!

This is an AMAZING place, with so many people that do so many things. Open yourself to exploring different things!

It's not as intimidating as it seems, but you do have to work hard to keep up.

Nothing. I loved learning the quirks of Yale on my own.

I wish I had known more about the east coast.

New Haven is really FUCKING cold.