Yale University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Yale University

Luke

There are great sports and other activities. jraelalkdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjjdjjdjjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjjd. Sorry about that if actually read :)

Work hard, play hard!

Maya

Its good

venessa

test

Adriana

Yale University is a great environment with a very supportive and positive atmosphere that makes the college experience a very personal and valuable one. Professors, Teaching Assistants, Faculty, and peers all contribute to the close knit community that encourages internal, academic, and career success.

meeka

I feel like people only accept the best of the best at Yale. It's a discrimination to me that you HAVE to have at least an 31 on your ACT. and be int he top of your classes. What about the people who feel like they can make it? I used to want to go to Yale until realized that you have to be "perfect" I am BLACK and honestly I feel that will be another thing that will stop me from being able to go to Yale. I mean no one is perfect but The Man Up Stairs. So it shouldn't matter whether you have a 19-26 or a 20-25 on your ACT. Let people strive to do better, and stop crushing their dream...........

Aintzane

Best school ever!

GMD

This is worst school to go to do not a ever go to this place cause I asked for a double cheese burito and they said is Dailluminati confirmed!

Xinyi

It's a fantastic atmosphere and a wonderful community, not to mention the most beautiful campus imaginable. There's so much to do and to learn, and such a variety of classes and extracurriculars that it's pretty impossible to ever get bored. There's also no shortage of opportunities to network and meet incredible people at the tops of their fields; in fact, one of our econ professors just won the Nobel Prize!

Kamela

Science classes at Yale leave a lot to be desired and usually the bigger the class the worse it is (some exceptions to that rule). It boasts about high level researchers and nobel prize winners but often those are the worst teachers. Socially, there is Wednesday night Toads, frat parties on the weekends, college screws etc. Expect some people that only study and never leave the libraries and (the minority) that party four times a week.

Ashlyn

The environment can be a bit overwhelming and stressful at times, mostly stemming from academic pressures, but there are wonderful people and a lot of unbelievable opportunities that would likely not be made available to a student at another institution.

Angel

The Harvard alternative for those that actually want to have a life.

Dianne

No better place

Grace

Yale is an excellent academic institution that genuinely has a place for everyone. When asked why they love Yale, students almost universally answer "the people." It's a wonderful community with lots of intellectual engagement. Faculty are generous and accessible, and the residential college system makes for a more intimate community feel without taking away any of the benefits of a larger university.

Cassandra

Yale is the best choice I ever made in my life. From a welcoming student body to supportive staff and faculty, Yale has met my every need and given me a space to thrive. I've become more socially conscious as an artist and as a student--every class engages me like never before.

Salmon shorts everywhere. So fancy. The undergrad experience is likely quite different. As a grad student, experiences seem to vary significantly by program, so take any review with a grain of salt. Academically: there are plenty of opportunities to explore a variety of areas, and it can be possible to get outside your specific niche area and expand a bit. Socially: a wide mix of entitled rich kids sprinkled with handfuls of strivers. Jerks abound, but so do good people. New Haven is a pretty cool town, please be decent to the lifelong residents. Off-campus housing is pretty pricey, but not as bad as in larger cities.

Alex

It's pretty tough over at Yale. The political climate doesn't in any way stimulate useful conversations, and everyone really just thinks they are going to somehow change the world with volume rather than substance. If you're not poor enough the school doesn't give a crap about you, and if you're not rich enough they still don't give a crap about you. Had I known before going to Yale that it was going to be the way that it is, I would have stayed home instead.

Lotta

Despite being highly selective, Yale nurtures an extremely diverse student body. The range of interests and backgrounds creates a thriving environment both inside and outside the classroom; though the academics are great, the most rewarding part of attending Yale is having your horizons expanded by people who think so differently from yourself. Because every Eli is different, a community exists for everyone. There are more parties and traditional social scenes than one might expect; at the same time, Yale groups and organizations host a plethora of events on any given weekday.

Tomeka

Yale is definitely a five-star institution, allowing so many students who attend the school unique opportunities, experiences, and connections that they would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. The extracurricular organizations and ways that you can get involved within Yale and throughout the New Haven community are endless. However, one of the most special things about Yale is its people, who hail from all sorts of backgrounds, creeds, and experiences.

I really enjoy my classes at this University! I have found a great community comprised both of activists and people involved in the arts organizations I perform with. The facilities here are old and gorgeous, and it's wonderful to attend a university with such a long history. There are some institutional problems, but luckily many students here are prepared to speak up against things they see as unjust or antiquated.

khaliah

I believe it's a good college , I want to get into this college I know I have what it takes but sometimes I be doubting myself like right now , I'm pushing myself so hard but at the same time I don't think I have what it takes to get into Yale and I know it's not good to go against your instinct but I don't know I'm just scared that's all I'm pushing myself so hard this year and my grades look so good so far which I'm trying to keep it that way . I hope I make it to be one of your top choices if not then I want to thank you for taking time out to see what I'm capable of and congratulate the other students

Vienna

Yale is known as one of the best universities in the country because of it's professors, facilities, and academics. But what makes it the best university in the country is the students. It's a group of people that genuinely are there to help each other succeed, to challenge each other, and to grow together. It's the best!

Alondra

Jillian

Yale University has many programs and opportunities for the community of students as well as the community the campus is in. They involve many, if not all of their students in programs that may not be in their major, however the allow them hands on learning in the New Haven community. The staff and students are always hosting or putting on events, and most of these are free or cost less then a meal for two. It is worth it to watch shows, concerts and galas they put on because they are all so stunning.

Andre

Overall, Yale is a dream school. Every aspect is spectacular, and though I still have yet to attend my first actual class I have spent a substantial amount of time on campus, both in and out of the classroom. I am ecstatic to be able to attend the school of my dreams, and I know these next four years will be a blast.

Quan

Not really

Maryln

Its the best university in the world, I would not love to be at any other university but Yale. I think its offering great education to students around the world and that is amazing. I think that if any student was to be enrolled at Yale University they would have the best college days ever.

Emma

The academics are great and the main reason for attending. Academic discussion never stops, even on weekends and at parties. The work also never stops, but that's to be expected. The Professors are amazing and also famous. Financial aid is also very generous.

Zacharia

Yale is incredible! I'm in a graduate school there, so I'm not one of the "chosen people" undergrads who basically had to sacrifice their teen years and their future first born son in order to gain acceptance. No, I got into Yale because I wanted to do good things in Public Health. With that said, the school is absolutely gorgeous. In my opinion, architecturally speaking, it is THE most beautiful school in America. One thing I can say is that I've certainly started to embody one of the most long-lasting, and useless stereotypes commonly attributed to Yale students (and I guess Princeton kids too). Of course, I'm referring to HATING HARVARD. Believe me, I lived in the Boston area for most of the last 10 years, and I originally attended Tufts University for undergrad. Harvard ain't all that and a bag of chips. Nah, it's mostly composed of totally stressed out, overly competitive, burnt-out kids who will probably mindlessly go into consulting and finance in Manhattan. Yale kids are ivy leaguers who fall into the same ruts, but they're generally much cooler, artsier, and well-rounded than Harvard kids. Again, my program mostly consists of mid-20-somethings from states schools across the U.S, so my program is not necessarily representative of most people who attend Yale College. However, I can tell you that Yale undergrads are mostly respectful, aware of their privilege, very talented, and earnestly desirous of the opportunity to change the world for good. They may not be able to do their taxes on their own yet, but they sure do set up protests against people like Brett Kavanaugh like it's nobody's business!

Sana

The first snowfall just happened on campus, and as I walked from one end to another I couldn't help but to think how grateful I feel to be studying at Yale. Not only is the university's architecture diverse and beautiful, both exteriors and interiors, but the warmth and energy of these spaces is inspiring. On a sunny day, students might lay out on Cross Campus, reading, chatting, or picnicking with snacks from Durfee's Sweet Shoppe bought from a lunch swipes (one of the on-campus dining options). On cold winter days, students may gather together in their common rooms or study in groups or in solace at any one of the numerous spots on campus. Even into my third year, I am discovering the charms of different spaces, hidden and obvious, around campus. The course offerings are pretty phenomenal, engaging, inspiring -- you can take classes on just about anything and everything. Opportunities to express oneself, give back, or learn outside of class are also ample. But by far the best part about Yale is its people, who hail from so many different places and experiences and who have such interesting stories and worldviews. You will meet them in your residential college, your classes, standing in line, or even in the most unexpected of ways. Together, you will spend your years learning from one another, laughing in libraries when you should be studying, staying at dinner for far too long, challenging one another, challenging your university and world, disagreeing, agreeing, communicating, rejoicing. Everyone has a different Yale experience, but I'm not sure anyone could deny that the people you will meet at Yale, and more importantly the lifelong friends you will make, play an instrumental role in the ways you will learn and grow as a human being.

I feel as if Yale is a good university for one specific person, not everyone will find it pleasing.

Zoe

It's an amazing school to attend and learn at. The profs are at the top of their field and you can take classes in just about anything. Every student also is so smart at what they do but there is no imposter syndrome because we all just want to help each other succeed. I love it there.