Yale University Top Questions

Alison

Yale is full of really down-to-earth people. There's kind of a stigma that comes along with the fact that it's an Ivy League school, but everyone here is really friendly and accessible.

Irene

I like the school very much.

It's not as intimidating as it seems, but you do have to work hard to keep up.

Monica

I wish I'd known how difficult classes would be - I only took four my freshman year and could have crammed in another one. There's so many great things to learn here!

Qiuyu

New Haven is really FUCKING cold.

I wish I would have had a better idea of the overall direction I wanted my life to take, as well as skills in setting goals and making plans to do so. I also wish I would have learned to write a good research paper and to study effectively and efficiently.

Zachary

More about Greek history.

Scott

Nothing. I loved learning the quirks of Yale on my own.

Jose

nothing

Jarrett

I wish I had known more about the east coast.

Blair

This is an AMAZING place, with so many people that do so many things. Open yourself to exploring different things!

I wish I had known that my Yale experience would be just as much, if not more, about the learning I did outside of the classroom. Yale students worked extremely hard in high school to get high marks to get in, but at Yale, I feel I learned just as much from the fascinating professors and students I interacted with as I did in my classes.

Ricardo

I wish I had started out with a club sport instead of a varsity sport, but that's why I'm doing wrestling instead of crew now. Now, I have enough time to dedicate to other activities I've wanted to do for a while, like start a band.

Courtney

how tight knit the community is

Steven

Just how amazing it really is.