Prescott, AZ
Yavapai College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Yavapai College

Peyton

Great college with friendly people I am apart of the performing arts program and it is such a supportive environment all my other classes at most have 30 students in them and there's always great communication between students and professors. I've had my fair share of problems with things but I can always find someone to help me resolve it.

Emilie

I really like yavapai college. Small class sizes ensure ample time with your professors, and they actually know your name! The campus is really beautiful, nestled in the Bradshaw mountains of Arizona. There is plenty of hiking, fishing, and other great outdoor activities all year round! Prescott, Arizona is also a large recovery community; one of the biggest in the world. The collegiate recovery community has really helped me learn to balance my recovery and my class load, and so much more. Yavapai college overall is an excellent place if you're looking for a down to earth, relaxed environment to learn and make friends.

Jaqueline

Yavapai College is the college to go to! I enjoy the great instructors that truly care about the students success and will do anything to make sure to always be available in time of need. I enjoy the events they hold every week to keep students socialize with other students which creates an easy flowing environment. Not to mention we have great sport teams and various opportunities for the arts as well. Yavapai College also has very low tuition costs compared to Universities and other community colleges. Our local Yavapai College is an amazing place to peruse the degree you are passionate about and aid students with financial help, a fun environment, and great teacher support.

Sydney

I absolutely love Yavapai College. Not only is the campus itself gorgeous, all the technologies are very up- to- date and they work wonderfully. Everything is well maintained and there's always a friendly feel from the staff. (Librarians, etc) All my teachers have flexible office hours, offer many different sources of communication lines. I am really glad I made the decision to attend Yavapai College.

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and give advice to my younger self, my message would be simple: Don't be afraid of change. My transition to college was a very difficult one, mostly because I left my high school and my entire support network behind at the age of 15. I had taken every single honors and AP course my school offerred, and still found myself bored and frustrated most of the time. I would tell my younger self that the decision to leave was the right one. I would not lie and say that it wasn't painful, but it was worth it. College opened up new opportunities for me, new social connections and newfound interests; I would want to remind myself that leaving high school does not mean the end of meaningful relationships. I still see my old classmates and friends, and it bothers me less and less that our paths, which started out the same, are now diverging. I would want to remind my younger self about the satisfaction of working hard and being challenged, and remind myself that I am strong, and I am worth it.

I love the fact that Yavapai college allows me to connect with a huge variety of community members. I also love the high-quality classes, which come at an affordable price, and the devoted teachers that I have had the pleasure of meeting. The teaching staff at Yavapai college is driven, focused, and invested in their student's futures. I also love the fact that I have the opportunity to take challenging classes in the form of Honors courses and to really be able to test my limits.

When I tell my friends about Yavapai college, I often tell them about the people I've met, whether it be teachers, friends, or fellow students. Yavapai college brings our community together by giving people from all walks of life the chance to enroll and attend classes, while most universities have a more restricted student body. There is so much wisdom to be gleaned not only from the teachers, but also from the veterans, single mothers, and the rest of the diverse and fascinating student body at Yavapai college.

D'Andre

If you play sports this is the better community college for you. It is very sports oriented and does not do much of anything else except sporting events.

As a high school student I did just enough to get by or I did nothingat all. I also had emotional issues. I would tell myself to keep moving forward. Do not let your emotions distract you from what you need to do and what your dreams are. I would stress the importants of not waiting until the last minute to complete an assignment and always do you homework. I would also tell myself to look for academic help. I did not get the help I needed until the end of my senior year and I should have gotten it earlier on. I would tell myself not to back down even when people tell me "No" because I know what is best for me and I know when I really need help.

This school is not diverse enough for people who come from big cities with many different kinds of people. It will take some time to get used to the lack of diversity which would make it very hard to get along with people.

If I could go back to last year, I’d probably make myself get more involved with my school. I was not involved with much my school my last year of high school. Also I would tell myself not to sign up for all the same classes with my best friend, you will get sick of each other. Mostly though, I would tell myself that it’s not that scary, Mom and Dad are still going to be in Phoenix, waiting for you to come home now and again. Just because you no longer live under the same roof does not mean that they will stop being there for you when you need them most. You are only an hour and a half away from them. I know it’s scary but everything will be ok, you figure everything out when it comes to money for the first semester, due to working over the summer, but you use your weaknesses to your advantages. Everything works out for the best no matter how awful it looks.

My school is a community college that has small classrooms that allow for the professor to actually care and get to know the students. Yavapai College also has dorms on campus which made it easier for me to make my decision. Yavapai College is a small campus which means that every building is simply a walk away and there is no real rush. The campus is so green that coming from the desert it is a breath of fresh air. It is a beautiful campus with professors that really care about my success.

My school is probably best known for its sports teams. They have won several championships with the volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball teams. The players on those teams are hardworking and dedicated to both their academics and their sport. Most of the baseball players end up getting drafted to major university teams. This allows for a sports player to get a great education at a reasonable price and then be funneled to a university where a scholarship is available for them because of them doing so well at Yavapai College in their sport.

Michaeline

I would give myself the advice to go to college before having a family. Having a family is wonderful but it would be less finanical worries if you would go to college soon after high school.

Austin

My school, Yavapai College, is great place to ease your way into the college life with a small town environment with an amazing athletic and nursing program.

Austin, I know you want to enjoy your time with your friends here in high school, but you need to focus more on school and baseball. When you graduate everything changes. You need to work as many hours as you can with double the work on the field. Although you want to enjoy your final summer before going into college you also don't want to throw it away when you could be making money or becoming a better baseball player. Make sure you stay humble and never take anything for granted. Enjoy the little things passed on to you by your coaches, family and peers. Also cherish the time you get to spend with your family and firends, things may not always go the way you planned on it. I want you to know that everyone is here to help if you are there to put in the work. Stay humble and always give a hundred percent effort with everything you put your heart too.

At Yavapai College there are many great things, but sometimes being at a small college in a small town like Prescott gets very dull. At times it becomes very beneficial like for exams and staying focused, but can make semesters seem legnthy. To me I find it boring at night becuase the town is mostly populated with retired poeple and rehab facilities.

Savannah

The best advice I could give my high school self is to be responsible and not to rely on others to take care of me through my school work. Rather than expecting my teachers to notify me that I have not turned in an assignment, or that the due dates for certain assignments are coming up, I should be responsible for myself. I need to take good notes and take study sessions seriously before tests or quizzes rather than asking the teacher for help on most of the problems, because I did not take the time to review the material. I would tell myself to go above and beyond and do my best at all work that is given to me, so I can get more out of it, and recieve the best grade I am capable of. Additionally, I would practice at reading textbooks, instead of having the teacher go through it, I need to read ahead so I am able to ask questions or I can comment on the material the next day of class. Reading comprehension would also be helpful for my future self, so I become more familiar with what material we go over in class.

I wish I had known how to study and take more responsibilty of myself and my school work. The professors are not on your case if you do not turn in an assignment or if it is late. They will just mark off points or you will not recieve credit. They do not remind you of of upcoming due dates. You are responsible to know all of it on your own! And so I wish I had prepared a little better for that! As for studying, most professors do not give study guides so you must take good notes!

I would describe my classmates in two ways, immature and sucess driven. A lot of my classmates are here for sports, so they focus more on the sport rather than their academics. They do not always take the classwork seriously and they goof off during class. The rest are success driven and really care about their education. They form study groups and create study guides to help their performances on quizzes and exams. They pay attention, take good notes and ask lots of questions, which to me, means they are focused and here to learn. Overall I have good classmates!

Yavapai College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.