Prescott, AZ
Yavapai College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Yavapai College

Matt

I believe the best advice I could give my former high school senior self is to let people help me with the transition and college in general. I am a stubborn person and I believed that I could figure it all out by myself. I wish I had gotten my parents involved and seen advisors more often because it just would have put me in a much better position going into my fourth semester in college. I would simply tell my former high school self to not try to figure college out alone because the help is available and it makes the transition much easier if you simply take advantage of it.

The best thing about my school is that it's size and the more personal and laid-back atmosphere that comes with it. Instead of a math class with 350 people that you may find at a large university, class sizes are smaller and thus allow for a more personal relationship with the instructor as well as the rest of the students in the class.

The main positive aspect that I tell my friends about Yavapai College is basically the same as the above. The smaller campus means you aren't just another body in a seat like in some larger colleges. It is easier to get help directly from the instructor, who actually knows your name.

Sonja

It is a great location for high school students to start before choosing a career or baby steps into one, with so many staff members who are willing to help those students the best they can.

The classmates are equally learning in their own field as I am so there is no judgement or critical comments upon one another, and it's amazing to how there is to learn with the best of teachers to not make us students feel underachievers.

In the best year of my teen lives, i wish to tell myself that her college life is another part of the journey to take in. So much will happen and the best part about it is that you know what you are going to be: a teacher. Someone who will make a difference in young lives in a classroom. So now would be a good time to look at classes, a job in the field and look for a mentor who will guide through each step. You needn't worry about each problem that comes your way during the process because eventually everything will work out. It is amazing to have wonderful instructors at the college so take advantage of their advice while you can, so never be afraid to ask for help. If there is anytime in which you feel discourage, know in your heart that your children in the classroom are waiting for you, calling out your name, "Ms. Sonja!" Patiently they are waiting to learn about something exciting because it's coming from you. Trust when I say, they learn from a teacher they trust, so trust yourself and your students. Impossible is nothing.

Jeri

If I could travel through time and advise myself, or others about the future or what it holds, I would definitely recommend a College education. Campus life is such a wonderful experience, the social venue, the learning environment, and the instructors are so encouraging. It makes you feel like there is nothing in the world, or your future that you can't achieve or aspire to. To put off College for more than a couple of years can be detrimental to your life and your destiny, especially if you hold yourself back (or allow others to). As my parents and other people once told me, a better education means a better future. I realize it now, wish I knew it back then. I admired my parents, and grandparents for returning to school, even if it was just for something to do. My pursuit of a degree in Law is just a new beginning, if I was able to tell myself to start earlier, I would definitely suggest an earlier start towards a future full of the greatest potential.

How wonderful and supportive the teachers and advisors are for the students.

Jason

A diverse smaller school that is growing with the need of the surrounding area.

A diverse smaller school that is growing with the need of the surrounding area.

My classmates range from several different countries and age groups, very interesting people.

My advise for a younger and more tunnel visioned self, slow down. You have the rest of your life to be an "adult", relationships come and go, while certain educational and life opportunities leave and never come back. As much as I hate admitting this but LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS. They were right, plus if you listen to them life will be much less of a gamble but rather an educated guess. Above all have fun.

Wendy

Just Do It! Start! Take the first step and never look back. Leave the fear and trepidations at home, or if I won"t leave them, I can bring them along, but go anyway. JUMP; take a 'leap of faith' into the next phase of my life. There are oodles of people who are trained to help me through the process (some want to see me be successful almost as much as I do), all I have to do is ASK, ASK, ASK. Believe in me, I am as worthy as anyone. Apply for grants and scholarships, they take time and effort, but that is minuscule compared to the time and effort it takes to pay back loans. Start now- if I take a year off- it can easily turn into 20 (or 30) (or worse yet, never). Don't worry about "What do I want to be when I grow up?", I can figure that out along lifes way. In the words of Johann von Goethe, "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." College will change my life, allow me to choose my path, reshape who I am.

Ruben

The college I have chosen offers a helicopter flight program to give you an associates in helicopter flight. The college I have chosen also has offers electrical and and computer sciences degrees.

First I would have to tell myself "Don't be an idiot!," become a highschool senior and finish highschool! You have more potential than you know, just stay in school. Study to be a helicopter pilot, electrical engineer, or a computer science major. These three things are what you would like to do for a carreer. You might not get rich, but you can be happy in your carreer and family life. In patring I will tell you this, live your life for you and your children, be kind to everyone, don't let the bullies get you down.

You want to truly like what you do for a carreer, so find something that you enjoy doing that you can stick to for your college studies. Prepare yourself, college is not like highschool, you have to want an education. Have a back up major that may compliment your primary major. College has been pretty easy for me, but be ready to study it will pay off in the end especially if you like your carreer choice.

Shayleen

My classmates are very focused, but you can find the occasional partier. In college, its alot different than high school, those of us who have to earn our college money, we take classes serious but still know how to have fun while doing so.

I graduated from high school early and thought about getting a jump on school early, but it wasn't the smartest thing. In all honesty if i could go back and talk to myself i would convince myself to stay in school till the end. I would have played basketball, continued to be president of NHS, and did more to make sure i had money for college. I also would have workedon getting a scholarship through volleyball. Now that i am a single mother it is harder to get money for college, but even the path that i have chosen has taken me on a great journey and i will do everything i can to help pay for schooling.

The college sports games are awesome, the teachers are always there to help and everything needed for class is always avaliable. Also the classes are very interesting and informal.

Y avapai College is a great place to start your college career.

Y avapai College is a great place to start your college career.

My classmates have been relaxed, open and helpful.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would say "Start at a community college." Starting college at a community college allows young adults more time to decide what they're interested in while saving money. If a student pursues a degree but changes their mind in the middle of it their money is not wasted because 1) that class can count as an elective and 2) that class is so much cheaper than if they had taken it at a university. Another piece of advice I would offer would be to give myself enough faith to shoot for the moon because the least I could do is hit a star. If I had believed that I could excel years ago I would be so much farther than where I am today. Going to school and doing well, along with the exploration tools Yavapai College gave me, helped me realize my potential.

sarah

I would tell my self to try your best and have confidence in yourself...becuase you can do it...i would also tell myself to keep whats importint in mind...and don't get lost with meaningless drama. Life is about the jorney...make it last an enjoy it....but keep the future in mind.

It is close to my home, cheep and small

amanda

You have to focus. You are here to get an education. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to but you have to WORK for it. So get serious and you will succeed.

The financial aid and registration departments have been changing programs and not communicating well.

Someone looking for a quick "career". Here you will get a real education not that experiential garbage.

Yavapai College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.