Yavapai College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Yavapai College

Lizbeth

Yavapai College is a great place to start out your career. It is very affordable and there are classes for many different career options. I have greatly enjoyed my time at Yavapai college. The faculty are always there to help students to challenge themselves and succeed as well as many resources made available for better learning.

Mickayla

I think Yavapai College is a wonderful place to start, it is incredibly affordable, there is help every step of the way, no matter what your needs are. Staff and proffesors make time to meet and aid you in any way. It's a great Community College! I would recommend starting your College life here and finding the right path for you!

Kelly

I love Yavapai College. Everyone is always so helpful and its a tight nit, yet open college. The professors are great and really want you to learn, and Prescott is a great place to live. Yavapai College is big enough to feel like a college, but not so big you get lost. It is a really fantastic school with lots of opportunity.

Brieanna

Yavapai is the perfect opportunity for people to further their education at any age. It offers many opportunities for learning and everyone is willing to help each other out. It has two campuses in different cities which provides a perfect balance for those seeking for a larger crowd or a smaller one.

Peyton

Great college with friendly people I am apart of the performing arts program and it is such a supportive environment all my other classes at most have 30 students in them and there's always great communication between students and professors. I've had my fair share of problems with things but I can always find someone to help me resolve it.

James

Yavapai Community College is an amazing school. The teachers are friendly and always open to help and so is the faculty. More than willing to put aside what they are doing to aid you in whatever it may be. Many teachers are from universities so one could get a university level education in a smaller class setting (which in my opinion is better) and for much cheaper. The students there are also really enjoyable.

john

Yavapai College produces a healthy environment for learning and making new long lasting friendships. The staff and instructors have forever impacted my life for the better. Prescott is a safe community and I'm very thankful to be a student at Yavapai College.

It is a beautiful campus and the instructors are very helpful. If a student doesn't understand a concept, the instructors are always willing to help. Even if someone just has a simple question. There are also plenty of things for students to do to keep themselves entertained.

Katie

I have greatly enjoyed my time at Yavapai College. The faculty are predominately focused on helping students to challenge themselves and succeed. There are many resources that are designed for helping students with any problems they might have. One of my favorite places to be is the library - there is a wide selection of subjects, there's a coffee shop on the first floor, and a computer commons on the second floor. The building design lets in a lot of natural light, and the building has a comfortable atmosphere. The Performance Hall is also a wonderful place because of the variety of performances there. From the Glenn Miller Band to Scotty Mcreery, from Shakespeare plays to performances by the drama department, the Performance Hall showcases it all!

Leslie

I highly recommend Yavapai College to anyone that lives in the area. The teachers that I’ve had are amazing and are always available if i have questions or concerns regarding my schoolwork. Everything i need to succeed in my classes is available to me.

Jaqueline

Yavapai College is the college to go to! I enjoy the great instructors that truly care about the students success and will do anything to make sure to always be available in time of need. I enjoy the events they hold every week to keep students socialize with other students which creates an easy flowing environment. Not to mention we have great sport teams and various opportunities for the arts as well. Yavapai College also has very low tuition costs compared to Universities and other community colleges. Our local Yavapai College is an amazing place to peruse the degree you are passionate about and aid students with financial help, a fun environment, and great teacher support.

Katherine

Nice campus in a nice area, I am looking forward to starting classes in Fall 2018.

Rudy

Attending Yavapai College has changed my life for the better. My only complaint is the frequent construction at the beginning of each semester. I believe it would be a much smoother experience for everyone is construction was done during summer, winter, and spring break.

Kaytlin

Yavapai College is a safe, beautiful campus right near historic downtown Prescott. The staff is friendly and supportive and it breeds good education. The Rider Diner has a pretty decent array of food choices and the quality is positively surprising. The students are courteous to one another and the class choices and availability fits a variety of schedules. They work with you and the tuition isn't unbearable. Yavapai is a great college to attend.

Alyssa

Yavapai College is an excellent place to go to start out your educational career. It is very affordable and the classes are very interesting. It is also a good place if you need some sort of experience for work. I have been a student there for many years and I love it. The facility is very accessible and the staff is very helpful. The academic advisers help get you on the right take. They also give out very important information.

Nicolas

Yavapai College is a wonderful college, and the teachers, advisers, and student are fantastic. I always have someone to talk to, and the teachers are always available through text or email or all. The website is super simple to find what I need to. Yavapai College is one of the best Community Colleges in my personal opinion.

Yavapai College is a great place to go to because it is overall friendly, welcoming, and safe. I have never felt threatened or harmed while going to YC. The staff is all very nice and mostly easy to work with. There have been a few professors who are nice and good teachers but don't seem to make you a priority sometimes. YC is cheaper than most schools you can attend, even other community colleges! It is one of the cheapest two year schools to go to and I recommend first year students to consider YC as it is a good experience and cheap. You will definitely safe a buck or two!

Angela

BEST IN THE STATE! SMALL CLASS SIZES, CHEAP TUITION, STATE OF THE ART EDUCATION. WONDERFUL COMMUNITY TO RELOCATE TO, GO TO SCHOOL IN, SETTLE AND MAKE YOUR PRIMARY PLACE TO LIVE!

Sydney

I absolutely love Yavapai College. Not only is the campus itself gorgeous, all the technologies are very up- to- date and they work wonderfully. Everything is well maintained and there's always a friendly feel from the staff. (Librarians, etc) All my teachers have flexible office hours, offer many different sources of communication lines. I am really glad I made the decision to attend Yavapai College.

Jade

I developed a strong connection going to Yavapai College. Everybody cares and supports your dreams and goals. There is some remarkable professors that has changed my life perspective in life. Their motivation to teach and to share other fundamental lessons about life from outside of getting an education is empowering. Lessons are lessons. You can learn anything, but what makes you become a master is if you can use your knowledge outside of school and teach it to others. Advisory and the school clubs like SSS TRIO have become family to me. People like Mark Shelley, Carol Beard, Cathy Gertsch and many more are people of admiration and leaders in my eyes. They have supported me from the beginning. I have loved my experience at Yavapai College.

Melissa

I attended Yavapai College for 3 years, and fully enjoyed being a student here. The classes are informative and, for the most part, interesting. I learned so much, under the professors here. The online portion uses Canvas, and it is a very easy application.

Emilie

I really like yavapai college. Small class sizes ensure ample time with your professors, and they actually know your name! The campus is really beautiful, nestled in the Bradshaw mountains of Arizona. There is plenty of hiking, fishing, and other great outdoor activities all year round! Prescott, Arizona is also a large recovery community; one of the biggest in the world. The collegiate recovery community has really helped me learn to balance my recovery and my class load, and so much more. Yavapai college overall is an excellent place if you're looking for a down to earth, relaxed environment to learn and make friends.

Jena

Yavapai College is one of the best I have attended. They offer numerous resources to their students like the Learning Center, one on one tutoring, the library, and even dedicated computer labs for certain majors. Their academics are top notch and so are the professors who are very knowledgeable on the subjects they teach. The professors care and you can tell they are there for your academic success.

Vanessa

I am very satisfied with my choice to go to a community college such as Yavapai rather than a university. It has saved me a lot of money, and I am still able to live the "college experience". The Verde Campus at Yavapai College is very serene and peaceful, the staff is incredible, and the over-all environment is great.

Jordan

I love YC, Especially my AP teacher- Matt Pearcy. I would recommend this college to anyone looking to get a quality education. I am currently accepted into the Yavapai College Nursing program and i couldn't be more excited to start this process. This college is amazing for the size of class room and education you receive.

Lena

It a great school all around..My overall opinion of Yavapai college is that it is a great institution with excellent educational opportunities. I would like to thank all the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who have supported me throughout this journey. Thank you to the committee members, advisors and fellow scholars who have been supportive. My final thoughts on Yavapai college are as follows: 1. Yavapai college has a strong academic program and an outstanding campus culture. 2. Yavapai college is a very good school with a rich history of excellence in education with a focus on quality education. 3. Yavapai college is committed to providing high- quality education for all its students. 4. Yavapai has a strong community of faculty and staff that are dedicated to helping the student body succeed. 5. Yavapai college is a great place to learn, new things, meet new people and have fun while learning. The campus is full of opportunities for you to explore your interests and passions.

sarah

I think it is a great place to learn and to get your aa the class sizes are on the smaller side but i find it better for getting to know all my classmates and it makes it a more fun and personal environment. Im majoring in fine arts and the campus has a very nice gallery to look at and that even some students can be in.

Wes

Great college with resources, but absolutely horrible degrading and condescending teachers. I waited a year for residency just to drop out due to a teacher who was very very rude. I asked my advisor for change but she stayed the same. I DO NOT recommend this college if you like to ask questions. I took robotics and asking questions about it to Liz peters was just as hard as pulling teeth, every answer she gave me made me feel stupid and sounded condescending. Thank you Liz Peters, I hope you like scaring your students away, because I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Belinda

I like it. I'm just getting started but so far it seems like it is going to be a great learning experience. The teachers have been more than helpful and are very clear with their assignments. New canvas for your school work can be a little bit tricky at first to figure out but once you get it together it is a very useful tool for learning.

Alexander

Yavapai College is the best community college I have ever seen. A welcoming campus with plenty going on and easy to utilize resources. Plenty of professors who care about their students and are willing to work with them to ensure their success. I would absolutely recommend Yavapai College to any in-state student in Arizona.

Mia

The city its nestled in, Prescott, is a lovely place overall. In terms of signs to see the woods and nearby mountains are full of hiking trails, and the nearby town of Jerome makes for an excellent weekend getaway. The location is top notch and the college tuition is low, making it very accessible. Even for students who aren't seeking a degree they offer classes in the arts and technology, alongside other courses, that I found inexpensive and enjoyable.

Kirsten

I take their fashion and costume design and construction classes. The professor and all the students are so welcoming, easy to talk to, and super good about explaining things that don't make sense. I can count numerous conversations that I have had in class and outside of class that are very meaningful and deep.

Laura

I like being at Yavapai College and there is a wide variety of courses and course times. My instructors have made time for me and offered help when needed. The advisors help me stay on track in order to succeed. The tuition is affordable so I am able to pay as I go and not accrue alot of debt.

Shayla

After graduating from high school, I was scared about the whole college experience. I moved from Phoenix to Chino Valley, Arizona, with my grandparents, which is about 25 minutes away from Yavapai College. After attending Yavapai for over a year, I can honestly say that I highly encourage other students to consider applying. The professors are very attentive to their students. The campus is absolutely beautiful, surrounded by trees with mountains in the background. The weather is cool during the Spring and Summertime. The clubs the school offers are exciting such as I was a part of the Native American Club and Juggling Club. Enrolling in classes was a breeze. The school website was very easy to navigate. Yavapai College offers a ton to its students and provides many opportunities.

Ashlynn

Yavapai College is a great option for someone looking for small class sizes, helpful professors and affordable tuition. If you are planning on transferring to a university, you have to make your path all on your own however, as the advisors are not very helpful. You can easily spend too much time here than you need.