New York, NY
Yeshiva University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Yeshiva University

Daniel

"Time is precious, so grab it. Make a list of what you want in life." I felt 22 was an eternity away when I was 18. I would tell myself to "use time, not waste it." When I think of all the time I wasted on TV and my computer. It's ridiculous. I felt there was always extra time to finish my work. I can't believe how many events and get togethers I missed because I didn't take care of my work that I had countless opportunities to finish. Instead of making new friends, going out, I was cramming. I would say, "Daniel do your work first, make set times for it, truly prioritize, and then have fun." I would say "go out, see the unknown, the adventure, look at it, hang out with it." I held tight onto my comfortable bubble, now I've become used to it. Now I have to get a job and start my life. Playtime is over. I would tell myself " you are constrained by nothing, go out of your bubble to anywhere, you can do it. You only go to college once, use it fully, or forever wonder what if. "

Anyone. Outgoing, shy, there are kids of all shapes and sizes here. Their are really nice kind kids that go here, they can connect with any kind of person. Mostly, someone who wants to stay connected with life's purpose, while creating a prosporous one for himself.

Honestly it's the food. They really don't give us enough for growing adults. Furthermore, it's not the most healthiest selection either. If there are people who want to stay healthy, I might need to shop somewhere else. They also don't have alot of variety and some of the food is extremely weird. Someone must've been drinking or smoking a lot when they came up with the menu.

Elisa

Don't sweat the small things. Chances are, you will end up being happy at whatever school you decide to attend. Transfer is always an option if it doesn't work out. Main things to know for yourself are class size-because that will affect how you learn, and also keep in mind an idea of the school size. Less students means smaller classes, and a more personal connection with professors. People tend to emphasize alot on SAT scores, but those are just arbitrary lines to draw for application purposes. They are not true indicators of college success. Good luck!

Beth

My university provides a wealth of opportunities and I feel comfortable in the environment.

Transitioning to college life may be difficult at first, but it just takes a short time until you adjust. There are many benfits of a college degree and going through the college process. Never forget why you are doing this. Never lose sight of your goals and dreams! College is a long and difficult path but that should not discourage you. It should empower you. Imagine yourself successful in your career- it should inspire you to keep going. College also teaches you more than academic knowledge. It teaches you how to be an independent, responsible part of society. It's the first step into the "real world", so try your best to start out on the right foot! Make sure you don't lose sight of who you are, who you want to be, and what you are all about. You are unique and special! Be the best you you can be! Remember to enjoy yourself- these are the best years of your life.. Just don't get carries away! Good luck!

The classes are amazing and on a very high level.

Alan

They are friendly, most have similar interstest since this is a small predominantly jewish college, and everyone seems to be willing to help each other out in every class, no one denies you help if you ask them, its a very comforting feeling that you can rely on anyone you dont know.

I would insist to myself to take more AP courses, and take my english writing classes more seriously. College for me is difficult because I simply did not build for myself a strong education in highschool, so dont make the same mistake I did. College work isn't really so difficult, It's more time consuming. There is a lot of great things to enjoy and experience and learn in college if you focus on basic skills now and build a strong foundation in writing you will be able to do your work so much more effeciently. Had I learned how to write well, so much of my college work would be done in half the time, and I would be able to participate in more extra cirricular activites and programs that would be so beneficial to my general education. Take AP courses if you feel you can handle the load, because when you get to college you may want to take advantage of so many interesting elective classes that having some required courses out of the way will make it easier for you to handle taking those additional classes. GOOD LUCK!

Registrar, they are so difficult to deal with, every single deans office is in a different buidling and you need their signiture for the registrar to do anything for you. So first you go to registrar, they send you to a dean, you wait, and they dont have specific hours so you may never get them and by the time you do you miss the deadline the registrar gave to you. No one there is organized and it really makes registering for classes an unpleasent experience.

Asaf

They are fun yet competitive people who I can rely on for fun and academics.

They are fun yet competitive people who I can rely on for fun and academics.

University is the consummate environment. It is in this environment that students establish and lay the foundations for their nascent characters. By opening themselves to diverse cultures and innovative modes of thought, and involving themselves in new activities, students not only reaffirm their old passions, but also inevitably fashion promising new ones. Each individual in University recognizes what makes him tick, what his intrinsic me truly is. Every student should sincerely aspire to be one such fortunate individual.

A person who cannot deal with a tough schedule and who is not Jewish.

Sivya

My school provides the perfect environment for academic, social, and career-related success.

My classmates are friendly, respectful to one another, and eager to learn.

Choosing a college is about YOU - the student. It's not a time to please someone else. Make a list of characteristics that YOU think are important in a prospective college. Research your options carefully to determine which college offers the best environment for YOU, YOUR academic goals, YOUR social dreams. Remember that each person is a unique individual. You don't have to choose the same college as your older sibling or parent. You're not them. You are you. If you want to succeed in college, you must choose a school that caters to YOUR wants and needs - not to someone else's.

Ilana

In order to find the right college, students and parents should do a lot of research about schools they are interested in. They should consider size of the university, extra-curricular activities available, location, price, class-room size and types of vocations the school is known to be geared towards. Sometimes the best way to gauge whether or not a college is right for you is to visit it. That way you get a real sense of what the university and the students who attend it are like. The best way to make the most out of the college experience is to take advantage of the opportunities in research and extra-curricular activities that you are interested in. It is also important to try new activities to expand your horizons. A good balance between social life and school work is also a major part of maximizing the college experience.

The worst thing about my school is that I feel like there is not enough greenery or nature surrounding the area and sometimes it is difficult to be surrounded only by buildings of New York City.

Somebody who does not like an all girls environment should not attend this school.

Yeshiva University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.