Wells, ME
York County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend York County Community College

Autumn

York County Community College is overall a very nice school with an interactive classroom setting and very friendly staff. As a student, I felt safe and in good hands academically. The programs are somewhat limited, and the school is small, but it is a great place if you are going back to school, or just getting your feet wet!

Autumn

York County Community College is a great school for the beginning college student. The small class sizes and open clubs to join, make it a homely environment to live in. The professors are very applied and interested to the students' success. The classes are insightful and full of knowledge with professor who truly care about the students. Over all, this is a very good school with low prices to get you started on your way into the academic world.

Erin

This school is just as rigorous as any other. The cost is quite reasonable, and any effort you put in will improve your experience. There are a lot of great, supportive engaged instructors there, and a couple here and there who aren't as tuned in to students as they could be. Overall, it was a good educational experience.

MARTI

My school is exceptional; with caring, charismatic staff members that make the college experience warm, inviting, and indicative for learning.

My classmates are all interesting, distinctive, bright people with plans, vision, and perseverance.

Hey self. Now that I am traveling back through time to give you adivce listen up. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. When you graduate highschool don't just rush out into the workforce, go to that big beautiful four year college you toured last semester. Don't limit your future thinking that you can't do it - you can do anything you apply yourself to. You have the rest of your life to work and make money, so take the next four years and enjoy the experience A LOT! Find a part time job to help absorb the cost, and don't borrow more than you need. Live frugal and make goals for yourself. Think about how you will spend your future, and go after your dreams. Make friends in college, and enjoy their company. Don't hurry to marry or have kids - there is time for that after college. Don't accept no for an answer. Make a plan for what you want out of life, and make the plan work. Your education is an investment in you, and you are worth it.

Joelle

My school is understanding but still academically structured.

My school is understanding but still academically structured.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I am making the right choice by starting off with a community college. I would tell myself to calm down about my major. I am going to end up loving behavioral health studies. After I calmed myself down about making the right decisions, I would talk to myself about money. By choosing to attend a community college I saved a lot of money. Many of my friends will soon come to me to vent about their financial stuggles with student loans. My friends will be explaining to me that they will be in a great amount of debt for years and years. Although I will also be in debt, I will eventually realize that everybody who attends college builds up debt, and on the bright side, my debt could be a lot worse. Another big thing I would explain to my high school self, is that I should not let debt get in my way of continueing my education at a four year college. Nobody can take away, or put a price on eduation!

One who can not afford a four year college but wants a good education.

Kimberly

A community college that provides a good stepping stone to either a four year college or into the world of work.

1.) Apply to scholarships before you hear back on applications, if you wait until after, it'll be too late and you will be stuck going somwhere you don't want to go. 2.) Apply everywhere you want, you'll never know where you'll get accepted. 2.) When the FASFA doesn't give you anything, call colleges and ask for more help. 3.) Look at your syllabus everyday, it'll save you stress when it's time for homework to be due. 4.) Keep your chin up when people put you down about how you're JUST going to a community college. You won't have debt and you have nothing to be ashamed of. 5.) Take that stupid accuplacer helper course, you wont have to pay for a remedial math class. More than that, study math in your free time, anything you don't understand, work to understand it. 6.) Last, but not least, if you want something, you have to go get it. Fight for it. Nobody is going to hand anything to you. You need to go thet that. You need to work for it. Never, ever give up on what you want.

Any body who is unwilling to travel should stay away. If they don't like a very laid back approach to their education they should not attend YCCC either.

Brianna

I graduated high school in Bedford, Nova Scotia, in 2000 and it was just expected that I would attend a university or college after high school. At the time, community colleges were seen as "less-than" so I went to a university and after four years, with a major in Political Science and minor in Psychology, I came out with zero idea of what I wanted to do as a career. Looking back, I now realize it was not wise to spend four years and all of that money not making any decisions for my future. If I could talk to my high school self, I would recommend considering a community college or taking a year off to work or volunteer. It wasn't until after university, when I had my own apartment, had a job and paid bills that I truly had a concept of money! At that point I realized my current education topic was not sufficient for the job I needed to give me the life I wanted. At 32, I've gone back to school, attending a community college for graphic and web design. It's the best decision and wish I had made it sooner!

I live in Portland, Maine and my school is located in Wells, Maine. The drive is 30 minutes and I wish I did not have to drive there.

There are quite a few immature and young students in my classes since it is a community college and often times the professors have a hard time controlling them which, in turn, affects the experience of the mature students.

Hana

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to not lose focus my senior year and slack off. I would also make a point of telling myself about the many options in the healthcare field that I wasn't aware of back then. That way, I woudln't have waited so long in between graduating High School and attending my first year of college.

I wish I had known more about the financial aid process and all the steps that is required.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no meal plan option. Everything you buy in the cafe is out of pocket. It would be nice to have a card that came from your financial aid/grants/loans that would help cover the cost of food.

Angelica

The majority of classmates I attend with are adults returning for an education to better themselves, and to get better jobs.

If your ready for college do it. Take advantage of being successful and to better yourself for the future. The future is unpredictable, and you don't know what is under each stone that is overturned. Set goals for yourself, and follow each goal with pride. Raise your head high to say, "I can do this". Only you can be the one to make or break it.

People that aren't ready to attend college, and feel that they are there because of being forced to get a better education.

Joanna

York County Community College is best known for letting people in York county have the opertunity to get an education just as everyone else. Whether is be that someone is in their 40's that's going back to school, or if someone does not have the money to go to a University, like me. Although it is a community college, students are very ingaged in school activities.

Graduating in 2007, and it only being 2009 seems a lot longer than two years. Having a lot of difficulties with my home life and peers, all I wanted to do was get away from everything. I would tell myself that is is not about running away from my problems, but to be realistic and to stay in state for school rather than leave due to my financial situation. I wanted to go to school in CA so bad, but realisticly I don't want to be paying school loans for the rest of my life. I figure I can always go on vacation there, right? After living away from home for two years and now being back, I am so happy about it. I get to be with my mom and three yonger sisters. Although home may not be the most peaceful place to be, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I just hope I could get some help so I could be the first to graduate college. I need to set a prime example for my sisters.

I really don't consider anything wrong with YCCC. It is a community college, meaning you commute to and from and don't live on campus, but that is the choice I choose. Teachers are great, classes are very interesting as well. I would highly recomment YCCC to anyone who wasn't sure what they wanted to study in school.

York County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.