York Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for York Technical College

Lametrius

I really love my school but I do wish that they would upgrade some of the older buildings. A big con for me is that you can only miss 2 classes or you7 can fail a class without a viable excuse. I feel like if I am doing the work and passing tests then I should be able to pass the class. A pro will be that they offer a wide variety of tutoring.

Devin

An ethnically and intellectually diverse campus. Kept up and groomed extremely well. The administrators not only go above and beyond with their duties, but also have their own vibrant personalities, not afraid to be themselves whilst completing their duties. They provide students with an array of opportunities to develop their career future and themselves as people. York Technical College is significant a staple within our community

York Tech has helped me grow as a student significantly. Unlike high school, I enjoy attending York tech. The information is clear and easy to understand, I have maintained a 3.9 GPA the last 3 semesters I have been enrolled there. In addition, the instructors are super helpful and care about each person being successful in their class.

Leslie

I chose york technical College as a transfer option. I think It is a great option for many who don't know what they want to do with life just yet. The options of being able to graduate early and taking classes second semester is amazing because high school isn't for everyone.

I just started at York Technical College and I can already say that it is going to be a good year. The campus is just the right size, making it easy to find classes and not get lost. The atmosphere is very welcoming and professors are willing to work with you and help you with anything you need to be prepared for the career you are working towards.

Devin

I love it!!!

York Tech is a very economical, yet effective, place to partake in higher education. The greatest thing that sets this college apart from a university is the dedication from professors. They are extremely accessible, something that many people may not expect. There's an on-campus writing and tutoring center, as well as online tutoring right from their website. Getting extra help can't be any easier. Tuition is about as cheap as you can get, and is one of the most affordable technical colleges in South Carolina. They're less than $50 off from the lowest tuition school in the state.

Trenea

My overall opinion of York Technical College is that it is a good school. This is a college great for people that want to receive an Associates degree or trade. It is also a good school to get general course classes out the way; if the school is branched to the college. I believe since York Technical College does have a decent amount of students off campus housing should become an option. I also wish there were more student activities and clubs to join. Overall I believe York Technical College is a good school and would encourage people to attend.

deanna

Overall York Tech is a wonderful school. They have lots of labs where you can do assignments, print assignments. Professors tend to be easily accesible, with quick responses to emails. They are always willing to help and go out of their way. They will write letters of recomendations for their students without a problem.

I think York Technical College provides a great opportunity not only for first-time freshmen but also those who wish to return to school and further their education. They offer a wide variety of courses and majors for students. Not to mention their Bridge Program, which has saved me tons of money on my education!

Levi

My Overall at York Technology College The great thing about York Technology is the sense of community starts by the campus. The staff, faculty, students, and the alums all enhances belong to people who share, and wont to be a part of York Technology College. I would change the growth of students that encourage and stay at individual groups that belong to multiple social organizations, and more. It amazes me of the size of the college. The small college lets me know that it has a strong bund can grow between individual. York Technology college Maximizing student success is 5000 to 7000 credit students. I tend to see those same students every day to become one big family. Anyone could participate in any pledge or be a part in any college, which means they are able to participate in any group at York Technical College. I think college is nice, because you get to meet so many different peoples, and you can learn different things. The best thing about it is meeting peoples from different states. Some courses you take in college are very interesting. I love learning new things and being around peoples that there to get the education just like me. The freedom in college is total total different from high school. The overall opinion of college just walk around, and going to the on campus book store it just make me feel like you are adult, and more responsible than surely. The staff and teachers at the college treat you more adult hood, then the high school staff and teachers.

It's a good two year college, though there may not be much clubs or any sports teams there is still a good amount of opportunities when it comes to academics. The campus size is big enough, and there's two other campus in two different locations so one does not have to stick with the main campus.

Justin

I feel York Technical College is only a great place to learn if your major is nursing, welding, engineering, and computer technology. in other majors they lack because they focus on the majors that are more popular and doesn't realize everyone doesn't want to be a welder or nurse. So, if they just try to reinvent all of their programs and not just these four programs they can gain more students which will cause them to expand their campus.

Jane

I would give it 0 stars if I could. Especially the financial aid office. They do everything to get your money but are no help when it comes to refunds, loans, payment plans, etc. Would not recommend.

Meagan

I love York Technical College! This is a non judgmental school. You can be at the bottom of the bottom and want to turn your life around and go to school to peruse a career you never thought possible and they will be there to help you. If you call and have a question they are on it to get you the answer if they can not for some reason can not give you one they are finding someone who can. Everyone in the offices are very helpful and very professional!! I love my College

asd

LKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJSLKBSJLFBASFJBAJS

Kiajuana

I enjoy going to York Technical College, it has given me the opportunity to meet a variety of individuals from various walks of life, and the professors are amazing because they are easily accessible and make learning fun. There are lots of opportunities to be involved on campus with different things like study groups, major groups, and events.

Kyra

York Technical College is a good start for students who are unsure about what they want to go to school for and if they are looking to transfer to a university. However, depending on the student and their interests, there is not much offered at this particular campus. Most people will tell you when starting college to make sure you are involved as much as possible, but York Technical College was one of those schools that had some organizations just not as amusing as the bigger schools you would compare it to. The financial office was a hassle my freshman year and I was almost denied from even enrolling. It took much documentation just to solidify proof that I lived in the state and even documents were lost. Some of the instructors here are great and have a passion to see their students achieve their goals. On the other hand, some are not much of a help to students looking to branch out and find something they want to pursue. One thing to watch out for are advisors signing you up for classes that have nothing to do with your major. Some will sign you up simply because it is a "transferable course", but it is still a timing and academic stumbling block in your hands. There was a cafeteria my freshman year but was removed during my sophomore year I believe due to ridiculous prices and bland food. Luckily, many options for fast food were around since the campus had nothing to offer. In contrast, students had the option to join clubs or organizations that somehow benefitted them. For instance, I was apart of the TRIO program which assisted low-income families that offered academic services such as tutoring which was very beneficial. Overall, my two years here involve a variety of emotions and how I feel about the school. Other students have their opinions about the school but this is how my experience was at the time being. If someone considered to attend, I would say to do research about the school and try to hurry and figure out what you would want to pursue instead of wasting time enrolling in courses you don't need.

Katie

It’s is a good school. Sometimes counselors seem to not respond fast enough. I had my previous counselor and it was very hard to book with her especially when she never told when she was going out of town. Instead of meeting with me earlier like I wanted, I had to schedule all my classes for the afternoon and do some hybrid classes. That is fine, but I also work and now it has limited my hours and the paycheck that I earn to keep up with my school payments and my outside bills. The teachers are very helpful. They are always there to explain and to listen if you need help. The offices such a financial aid and so on are good to. It is a good school and the location from my work and home make it convention for me.

Kyle

I like the school a lot. It it very simple and easy for students that just want to get a degree without all the university hassle. I'm glad the price of education was not extremely high. I wish it could become a 4 year university because I would just stay here. Overall a great school for those who don't know what they want to do yet and are trying to save some money.