Young Harris College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Young Harris College

brooke

I like Young Harris for some of the people! It can be a really grey area on some things, but there’s always a friendly face somewhere. I think the ties you have with people tend to keep you coming back. I want to experience more, but sometimes it is a little small.

Jazlyn

I think it's an incredible place. It's right in the "Enchanted Valley" and a tri-state-area (North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee) and it's earned its name. The faculty is kind and always available. Other students enjoy being around each other, and the academics are top knotch.

mackenzie

Young Harris College is very diverse with students from different backgrounds from across the globe. Young Harris does a great job of making all types of students feel welcome and like they belong. The faculty and staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of students inside and outside of the classroom. I feel that You g Harris provides an exceptional educational experience; not only are students prepared academically, but also for the real world and everything it entails. Young Harris takes pride in making sure it's students will succeed in the future.

Cassandra

Young Harris College can be summed up as a personalized experience. Before I enrolled at Young Harris, my first college consideration was Kennesaw State University. KSU is be no means a lesser school, as many of my friends from high school enrolled there, but I fell in love with Young Harris through its beautiful location, small size and focus on liberal arts. The small size allows me to better communicate with professors outside of class and better view my campus as a close-knit community. This compact setting has promoted my individual growth academically and as an individual, but especially as a writer because I have greater accessibility of the people and tools that help fine-tune my skills.

Kristian

It's a nice petite campus with friendly people and a great view.

Matthew

I absolutely adore the campus, and the view is spectacular. The campus life, various activities, and clubs will keep everyone busy throughout the weeks. Also, they have a wonderful psychology program that they are known for. It's a small, tightly knit environment with small class sizes that are perfect for me.

Sara

I find YHC to be a very open minded campus, and it shows with how many different groups there are. The course work is intensive but, for the most part, enjoyable. The professors understand that not everyone received or understood information from high school. The professors are also willing to work with you during their office hours, or whenever works best for you.

I am thankful to have a 4 year college with small class sizes and caring professors! College life is stressful especially when coupled with learning to be on my own and managing my time to ensure I do my best in school, having professors and counselors I can lean on for support has made my transition to college life much less stressful! Our campus has a very safe feel to it and our college police presence makes me feel even more safe. I am thankful to be attending YHC!

courtney

Young Harris College is a wonderful school full of opportunities and amazing people. The on campus activities are really fun. Residence life is great here; the people in charge fix any and all problems that may arise. The professors are strict on deadlines and cheating. The school takes drugs and alcohol seriously.

Kiya

Young Harris is a amazing campus to explore. Here at YHC, home of the mountain lions, the student population is small but yet extremely diverse. In the enchanted valley there is so much to offer, starting with class size. since I have been a student here at YHC I've never been enrolled in a class that contained more than 23 students. My favorite places to be on campus would be the Recreation center as well as The Rollins Campus Center (RCC). In the RCC students are provided with but not limited to resources for success. Everyone faculty member has our best interest at heart and does any and everything to help the students be successful. Student life here is so heart warming. Coming to Young Harris, one should expect amazing faculty and staff, multiple resources, many friends, and a great college experience that you will never forget.

Austin

This is my third year at Young Harris. I attended a private school and my mom was a little hesitant about me going off to school. The school and staff are great people and I am learning a lot while attending. I do recommend this school. This is an excellent Christian school with great values.

Barisuka

I believe it's a good school because it was welcoming the first week, for example they had all these different activities, like their orientation reunion, that helped me make some of my friends. I genuinely enjoy the people and teachers/staff which makes me excited for the next few years.

Ragan

I love the community. The teachers build relationships with their students that last a life time. I love the fact that everyone is supportive of each other. The class size isn't a bad perk either. Our ratio is 13:1. The food is okay it isn't my mama's cooking but it could be a lot worse than it is. Overall I love Young Harris College.

Camila

Young Harris is a great school to join. The overall staff are nice. The students are very sweet and the location is amazing if you love the outdoors. There’s a Mountain View practically everywhere you look. The classes are also very small. I believe they said there’s an average of 30 to 35 students per classroom.

Khalid

Young Harris College is a small liberal arts college with a lot of opportunity to grow. Students have the ability to truly make an impact and a difference and this allows for the school to grow along with its students. It is surrounded by breathtaking scenery and there is no place quite like it though you can tell that there is a need for better and more available finance.

Zamal

It seems like a great school and I will be attending it this fall and hope to find a new home. Going to Young Harris College in my opinion will help me get better and develop me for the future. That's why I picked Young Harris because it's going to be a great fit for me. I will also be attending there because of soccer so it will be fun to see what happens.

Christian

Young Harris College is an amazing place for students around the nation to go, they appeal to everyone’s needs from medical to business. This school has everything to offer for extracurricular activities abroad, and the Professors are amazing to work with and very helpful before and after class.