Youngstown State University Top Questions

keyarash

I guess the most frustrating thing about school, for me, is paying for a class and dedicating time and effort into it and then having the teacher read off of a powerpoint everyday and not teaching the actual material.

Helene

The parking situation. We are charged through our tuition for a parking pass and sometimes it is immpossible to find parking. Also, the food is very expensive on campus. Athletes also get special treatment.

Michelle

When working full time and going to school full time, it's hard to schedule classes that work both schedules.

Andrew

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I feel like my teachers do noteven know my name which btoehrs me.

Jeremy

In the winter time, sometimes it can be bitter cold. Walking from building to building in the bitter cold is frustrating. I have free parking so it is a long walk for me to get to my designated building for classes. I dread the walk to and from my car in this frigid weather.

Carly

There are a couple things that I would classify as the frustrating about Youngstown State University. The first item would be the inadequte parking. Our parking permits keep going on 20 dollars a year. Right now the current cost per semester is $120. We are now all being forced to pay this price even if we do not drive to campus or if we live on campus. There is a definite difference between the number of students enrolled and the actual amount of available parking. The other more minor frustration related to Youngstown State University deals with the registration process.

The parking situation.

Viviana

The most frustrating thing at Youngstown State University is that if you are a commuter student like myself, It is difficult to make friends. By being a commuter student you are not living the "college experience" in other words.

Deena

Youngstown State wasn't my first choice of schools. The school mainly focuses on business majors. Any major other than a business major, you're out of luck.

jessica

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I had to complete many classes before I coul d be in upper division. There are also classes only offered in the spring or fall so if someone does not show you how to schedule right you could easily be a year behind. My courses are also not split up becuase I had to complete all my general education requirements first so now that I am in upper division I am in all very heavy reading courses. I think it would be much better if it was broken up a bit.

Vilmary

Probably the most frustating thing about YSU is the fact that most professors like to leave the most difficult assignments for the last couple of weeks in the semester and the student workload triples.

Krista

The most frustrating thing is the students who do not care to be there and complain about attending Youngstown State. I believe you get out what you put in, so if you make the most of your college education and work hard and enjoy it, you will lead a more successful life after graduation. I do not believe my school is one that should be looked down on just because it is small.

Schentel

Financial Aid and repeating courses/ GPA recalculations.

margretta

The most frustrating thing about the college I attend is that there is not much of a college experience outside of campus or outside your group of friends. There are not very many enthusiastic social clubs or orgnizations, or at least students are not getting the best information.

Tom

The most frustrating thing about Youngstown State is that people do not see it as a good school because it is in Youngstown but it actually is a very good and challenging university.