Youngstown State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Youngstown State University

Lindsey

I think Youngstown State University is a great school, especially considering its affordable price. Students gain a quality education while being on a campus that is enjoyable and being around faculty that truly care. Its more affordable than many other schools, but the education is just as good.

Montana

I have only just enrolled in YSU but from what I've seen, its a great university and everyone seems welcoming and extremely friendly. The advisers work with you in order for you to get the best experience you can out of what you want to do. The campus is also beautiful and safe, and I can't wait until August when I start.

Katelynn

Youngstown State University is an excellent university to attend. There are so many types of majors that range between 25 different fields of study. The professors who teach these classes are wonderful. They offer office hours and if those do not work with your schedule, they are very flexible and will plan around your schedule. The campus itself is very beautiful especially in the fall when the leaves are changing colors. When it comes to food on campus, there are plenty of options to choose from as well as there being many different places off campus that are relatively close and require very little walking. I personally do not live on campus; however, I have been told wonderful things about the available housing options. I must admit my favorite thing about Youngstown State University is that it is fairly cheap which makes attending college here easier on me. I do not have to stress about the extremely expensive costs of college on top of my coursework while attending. There are many different types of people on campus and we are a fairly diverse college. We have so many foreign exchange students and it is amazing what types of cultural aspects they bring here with them. It is such a welcoming university to attend. Everybody on campus helps one another especially when the new semesters start, and new students arrive. Youngstown State University was not my first college choice, but I must say that I am happy this is where I ended up and I wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

Tashelia

I really liked attending YSU especially coming from the previous college I attended. Professors were respectful and helpful. The campus always felt, smelt and looked clean. Food was great. It felt safe. It had a big school feel but a small town vibe. The community was very involved with school so It made the city feel like a huge extended family. I loved it!!!