Yuba College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Yuba College

Juan

I love Yuba College. I enjoy the fact that the teachers become invested in their student's success, and demonstrate it by actually engaing with their students outside of the classroom setting. The school takes the initiative to make sure that all students, regardless of the differences, are welcome to grow. The teachers take the time to make sure that their students are prepared for the next semester, I was confused about what classes to take in order to get my degree so I could transfer to Chico state, but my Psychology professor took the time to email me an Ed plan. I have been used to having, if I was fortunate enough, at most one teacher care about how I was handling the material, but each of my Professors at Yuba, cares about my opinion, as well as how I am handling the workload. The student centers are amazing, my grades have improved since I went in for tutoring, a bonus is the fact that the tutors are students. Overall, I only have positive things to say about Yuba College, and I am glad it is my stepping stone at a career in Psychology.

Chelsea

I think it is a very good school. The professors are always available, and are so extremely helpful. They have the option of online and in class classes, which makes my schedule options a lot more flexible, which I'm so thankful for! Overall, Yuba College is a very good school in my opinion.

Chelsie

Yuba College is a great stepping stone on your way to bigger and better things. The teachers are helpful and understanding. The campus is not too large where you'd get lost, but just the right size. The people in the main office are very nice and helpful.

Tatyana

its good as a community college. I only went a semester but had to stop due to social anxiety

Trevor

I enjoy the campus, it has a very clean and friendly environment especially for a community college. It has two locations for those who cannot commute as quickly and it offers more variety in class selection. Most people who attend are transfer students or are attending for a license in the fire department or police force.

Mary

I believ that Yuba College has the potential to be a good school ,but lacks the quality of students and resources to improve the school. the staff are acceptable and the students are friendly ,but the class sizes are small. the campus is small and run down, the school clearly lacks te funds and the resources to further improve the quality of education and the overall appearance of the campus.

Demine

Yuba College has been a big stepping stone in my college career. It is located in a small town so many people attend here because there are no other options nearby. Some classes are extremely difficult and some are fairly easy. Some teachers care a lot about their students passing and actually learning something, others could care less. It is hit or miss. There are some teachers that were incredible and I learned a lot from them. Then there are some I wish I had never encountered. All in all, it is fair for a junior college to fulfill your core classes.

Gary

The college has a fantastic faculty to student ratio and the professors are knowledgeable. College campus is clean and safe. There are less than 7,000 students and there is a nice mix of ethnic diversity. The admin staff are helpful and pleasant to work with.

Mozone

It's a simple campus and it's easy to get around in. I personally feel safe and have no problem moving around school alone. Although, it's an overall boring campus, it's beneficial to have a college to find the first steps of what role I play in life. It's a little frustrating because it's hard to really know what going on without actively asking weekly. But other than that, it's not the worst at all.

Jagan

Great college to complete all the general courses needed.

Alexis

When I first heard about Yuba College I was very impressed by the college. Since I live in the Yuba Sutter area a lot of my hometown speak of it. Most of the people told me that it would be a great place to start and I believe them. I am really excited to be attending in the fall.

Yuba College is great for getting an easy start to college, and campus life. Everyone is friendly and the campus is fairly easy to navigate. The campus isn’t clean and provides a very friendly environment for learning, and there plenty to do between extra curricular classes and sports teams.

Veronika

I think that Yuba College is a great school. The administrators and teachers love their students and go out of their way to help them achieve. They have a fantastic library equipped with numerous study rooms and computers to aid in your studying. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved with clubs and activities as well.

Chancellor

It is a great secondary school for those that live in the area. I am not too sure about people coming in from a different city. The desks and chairs do feel small and uncomfortable. The design of the campus and buildings, except for the library, are a little outdated.

Amina

Honestly it's a small school in the middle of an even smaller town. We don't have the resources or the hype of a big school. Even still, I think it tries, the teachers actually care about students and teaching. They are always there to help, I've noticed the teachers, or the ones I had, are flexible and understand the struggles us college students are facing. The courses thought here usually ate popular because of the jobs the town is big on. Like welding is a big subject here because of all the welding jobs, big town for welding. Also nursing is a big one. It's. It's a very comfortable school so I like it.

Tony

I attended Yuba college during the summer of my sophomore year for summer school. The class I attended was a history class and the professor was really nice. He provided us with lots of resources and we could often find him outside of the classroom. As for the other things I entered were from what I hear of the school so take it with a grain of salt.

Benjamin

Yuba college is a great stepping stone school. It is underfunded and doesn't have the nicest of things but it gets the job done. Parking isn't bad or too expensive, classes are easy to find, teachers are available, financial aid officers are awesome, student services and counseling do a great job at helping you get everything in line. The Vets Resource Center is awesome and has a lot of people who are willing and wanting to help out veterans.

Ziaba

Yuba College is just a like any other college. The people are nice and keep to themselves Sometimes there’s always those one group of kids and are very rude and annoying but that’s the world. The teacher are always very helpful. The counselor are their to talk and actually listen.