Zanesville, OH
Zane State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Zane State College

Andrew

It is an okay starting college. They have a good staff that is always willing to help. Zane State does a good job of keeping you updated, they also have many groups that you can join. Campus location is alright as well, just a few short minutes and you can be in the middle of Zanesville, also on top of this, the tuition is reasonably priced. However, Zane State's pricing for books is outrageous, as well as their online courses are not great. the on-campus food isn't great, but there​ is a subway within a short walk.

Kaylee

My overall option of Zane State College is, that they are always willing and able to help any student at the time of need. They even take the extra step to give us information ahead of time. The Trio group they have there is amazing and very helpful! They are already helping me get my schedule straight and get started for fall so I am not worried and upset trying to figure out how I will afford it. If I am having trouble or need a quiet place to study, they have a computer lab there and willing to help me.

Tatiana

Zane State college is a college that makes you feel like you belong and not feel like you are sticking out.

Zane State College is a college where instructors know who you are and it is also a college where you can stay close to old friends while even making new one. It may be a small college but it's a college that allows me to stay at home and keep my job all year round. Other colleges cost a fortune, while Zane State allows for even the not as weathly people get an education at an affordable price.

If i could go back to my high school senior self i would tell myself to study more. In high school a student can get away with not studying and still doing pretty good in school. In college studying is the key. I would also tell my senior self that keeping organized is key and that procrastinating will be something that could make or break you.

Laura

First of all, I would have cared more about school and would have applied myself more diligently. Then, I would have graduated with a higher GPA, allowing myself the chance to go straight to college. I did not care; consequently, I would have had to take my core courses over again so I could go to any college. A year after graduating, I wanted to study in the Communications field, but had to take those core courses first, and I did not want to do that, so I ended up just doing factory or other low pay jobs that did not hold much interest for me. So, here is how the conversation would go if I could talk to my high school senior self: Go to class every day, even if you hate the hour long bus ride and three study halls back-to back. Talk to someone fixing that. Learn, really LEARN what is being taught, show enthusiasm, and be more outgoing. Talk to the guidance counselor about career options, and actively check them out. Don't worry that your family doesn't have much money. Apply for scholarships. You can do it! You are intelligent!

That there are not many experts teaching courses here. Some instructors are just filling in a need for instructors without having extensive knowledge in the courses. Also, most instructors do do show much enthusiasm for their field.

Not being able to get classes when you need them.

Rebecca

Zane State College creates a friendly and warm environment that allows students to focus on their education and not some of the many pressures that come with college such as trouble finding the library or a quiet study area.

Zane State College worked their hardest to help me. They used all of their resources to get me into the classes I needed and the schedule I would liked to have

"Have you decided what college you're going to?" This is most likely the most heard statement by high school seniors. However, this statement meant much more to me than my fellow classmates. Along with all the other things this statement meant such as "Are you applying to scholarships, Have you got accepted yet, and Is it expensive?" I also had to deal with "Will my credits transfer or were the past two years for nothing? To explain this better, I'm not only a senior but also a freshman in college. For the past two years I have taken classes at the local community college. When my senior year, or this year I should say, rolled around I paniced. Since I was taking some of the hardest classes offered at Zane State (the community college), I was already under a lot of pressure. This included anatomy and physiology tests every week, writing essays and resumes for technical writing, and then on top of that my mom calling me in the middle of microeconomics telling me a scholarship was due two days ago. The only advice for college I needed was "Why didn't you start this four months ago?"

Always try you best, and never give up on yourself. Always be the best you can be no matter what others may say. Never doubt yourself and what you want to do with your life. If you have a dream pursue it. I was one who never cared about my own life or how I was doing in school. I didn't like class and hated doing work. Now as I am older and almost done with college I regret that. What you do in your high school career will affect what will happens in your college career, and it has very much so on myself. But this past year I have tried to make something of myself, and I have raised my grades and very rarely do I ever miss a class. And just with that I feel I have made a lot of progress with my future.

A person who is just looking for a quick and easy way to get money, who is has a lower academic and attendence performance, and a person who really doesn't want to try to improve any kind of quality in their life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is seeing students everyday who don't try to do any work, and don't come to class. Students who think they can get an easy a by just doing nothing. And students who are really there just to get their money and drop out of all their classes right after.

Zane State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.