« View All Counselors
  • Eric Furda

    Title: Dean of Admissions
    Company: University of Pennsylvania

    • verified

    View Full Close
  • Admissions Expertise

    • How can I work with schools to boost my financial aid? Are there other sources of student aid?


      Any change in a family’s financial circumstances should be communicated in writing to an institution’s financial aid office---even currently enrolled students. Although the change may not immediately impact your financial need, getting the change of circumstances on the financial aid office’s radar can help them with counseling you on alternative payment or financing options, while also alerting them to the need for a re-evaluation of your family’s financial need. Financial aid officers will understand that unforeseen circumstances arise and will do their best, within institutional resources, to be responsive to your change of circumstances.  Their response may take the form of additional grant/scholarship, work-study or job on campus, loans or other financing options.

    See More Questions Close
  • Talk to Other Counselors

    View all counselors