Unigo's essential guide to test prep
Standardized tests:the two most beautiful words in the English language.
Okay, maybe not. Standardized tests might not have a whole lot to do with the things that make you who you are—what you're interested in at school, how hard you work to get good grades, what you do with your free time—but like it or not, they play a huge role in how most college admissions officers get to know you.
No wonder these often arcane assessments are one of the most dreaded aspects of the college application process. And while we can't help you start an orphanage in Guatemala to catch an admissions officer's eye, our Guide to Test Prep can help you improve your SAT and ACT scores! So sharpen your #2 pencil and open your test booklet to page one.
Knewton's Essential Test Tips
- How to Dominate Reading Comprehension on the SAT
- 4 Quick Tips for the Math Section of the SAT
- How to Manage Your Time Wisely on the SAT
- 3 Simple SAT Grammar Tips
- The Other Freshman 15: In SAT Writing
- A Short History of Standardized Test Prep
Getting to Know Admissions Exams
- Standardized Tests: Which ones? When? How Many Times?
- When in Doubt, Pick C: An SAT primer
- ACT Like You Know
- The Lowdown on the SAT Writing Section
- Does the SAT Still Matter?
- Tackling the SAT and ACT
- 10 Tips for Outsmarting the SAT