Fall College Guideline for High School Juniors
AUGUSTBefore school starts, get a jump on your college planning by tackling these easy tasks.
- Check out some college websites and request brochures
- Research upcoming college fairs
- Register for fall college tours
- Meet with your guidance counselor
- Review classes
- Discuss college entrance exams
SEPTEMBERNow that school has been in session for a few weeks, it’s time to think about how you are going to impress admission officers next year. Here are some things to consider:
- Look into volunteer opportunities
- Start a campus club or take on a leadership position
- Create study groups for your most rigorous classes
- Mentor an elementary or middle school student
- Promote an anti-bullying campaign at school
OCTOBERThis month, keep working on your college tasks and start exploring potential campuses and careers.
- Attend college and financial aid events
- Take the PSAT
- Visit one or two colleges on your list
- Research possible internship opportunities for winter break
- Complete a career exploration assessment
NOVEMBER/DECEMBERAs you head into the holiday season, there are just a few things on your plate that will need your attention before you return next year.
- Register for the spring ACT and/or SAT
- Plan your spring college visits
- Study for college entrance exams