Greek Life: What to Expect During Recruitment Week (Part 2)
Article by Melissa PopeHey there! Welcome back to Recruitment Week. We've already covered what you can expect on days 1-4, including registration, Go Greek Days, and Philanthropy Day. If you’re just now joining us, you can check out my last post here. But, for those of you ready to move on to the second half of the week, let’s get started!
Day 5: House ToursThis round is probably the most influential thus far. You will travel from house to house on your list of preferred five after Philanthropy Day, where you’ll receive a guided house tour from initiated members. This is your time to get a sense of what living in the chapter house might look and feel like. Again, you can (and should!) ask any questions you may have, as well as get to know the other members of the sorority. Some questions you may want to ask could be:
- “Do you get to choose the people you room with? If so, how does that work?”
- “If I have a car, does the house have designated parking spots for members?”
- “How much does it cost to live in?”
- “Is there a place to store food of my own in case I go to the grocery store?”
- “Can I have friends/family members from out of town stay here?”