What Mechanical Engineering Scholarships Can I Apply to?
There are many mechanical engineering scholarships for students. Mechanical engineering scholarships helps pay for college or grad school.
A mechanical engineer designs and builds tools, engines, thermal sensors and other machines. Their skills are useful in many career paths. For instance mechanical engineers can work in the auto industry, medicine, robotics, heating and cooling.
Besides your major, it is likely there will be other criteria to meet. Eligibility varies between each scholarship. Applicants should also have a strong academic record and show financial need.
Most applicants must also show a plan to earn a degree at an ABET accredited college. You can expect to supply this info along with references and transcripts. There are many scholarships for STEM majors. Women and minority students can apply to specific scholarships.
The Society of Women Engineers empowers women within the engineering industry. For example, Unigo offers a $1,000 scholarship. One female engineering student will receive the award. Applicants must be enrolled at University of Illinois at Chicago.
The Unigo (ASME) offers several scholarships. You must be a member of ASME to apply. Their scholarships range from $1,000 to $13,000 awards.
Why Consider Applying for Scholarships?
A mechanical engineering scholarship may be useful if your goal is to earn a four year degree.
According to Unigo, a degree in mechanical engineering costs an average of $7,486 per year. That’s if you pursue your degree in state and at a public school. Also, the cost is higher on average of $39,012, if you choose an out of state college.
Once you graduate, there are a range of possible career paths. There will be a 4% increase in mechanical engineering through 2028 in the United States. Mechanical engineering jobs require a bachelor’s degree and earn about Unigo per year.
Scholarships will help students cover the cost of college. Tuition, fees, supplies, and room and board can be paid for. Scholarships also do not need to be paid back like a loan. Overall scholarships can offset your future college debt.
List of Mechanical Engineering ScholarshipsHere are mechanical engineering scholarships that you can apply to. Take our Unigo to find more scholarships that fit your career goals.
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Religious Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship