Are There Baptist Scholarships?
If you are a Baptist student, there are many scholarships for you. Baptist scholarships help members pay for college or the seminary. As such, they may offset costs of tuition, fees, board, books and so on.
To be eligible for a Baptist scholarship, being active in your faith is key. This as many forms ask about past and future acts of service. You might also need a reference from your pastor.
In some cases, you also need to be on track to earn a religious studies degree. Or that you want to enter the ministry.
So, when you apply, you may need to send in transcripts and your GPA. You may also need to prove you need the money.
There are also scholarships for Baptists who fall into a group. A few are being a woman, minority, Church member or local resident.
Who Offers Baptist Scholarships?
Southern Baptists are the largest evangelical Protestant group in the US. In fact, they account for 5.3 % of all the adults in the nation. Most of these adults (81 %) pray at least once a day.
Some Baptists attend church on a regular basis too. In all, there are 47,456 Southern Baptists churches spread out in 41 areas.
Many of these churches manage funds from donors. So, they often have money to fund scholarship programs.
These awards aim to do two things. Foster Baptist values. And give back to their community.
One like this is the Young Christian Leaders award. These $1,000 awards go to people who will dedicate their talent to make a positive impact.
Top 11 Baptist Scholarships for 2020
These Baptist Scholarships offer free money. You might use the money to pay for college or seminary school. See which ones you can apply to in 2020.
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship