Can You Get a Scholarship for Being an Eagle Scout?
The Eagle Scout Award is Scouting’s highest rank and feather in your cap if you're looking for a scholarship. In fact, scholarships for Eagle Scouts are plentiful.
Some scholarship opportunities for Eagle Scouts are available from the BSA. Yet others outside the Boy Scouts of America also sponsor these awards.
There are a few kinds of scholarships Eagle Scouts can look for also. To be eligible, you’ll need to be a National Eagle Scout Association member. Plus, each scholarship comes with its own set of other criteria.
Academic Scholarships for Eagle Scouts
Academic scholarships weigh four things. Academic performance, school and Scouting participation, and financial need.
These college scholarships for Eagle Scouts may entail pursuing a specific major. For example, take the NESA STEM Scholarship, a $50,000 award. It goes to Eagle Scouts whose chosen field is STEM related. So, areas within science, technology, engineering or math.
Another such option from the National Eagle Scout Association is the Cooke Scholarship. To be eligible, you need to have at least an SAT (1290) or an ACT (28) score.
Merit Scholarships for Eagle Scouts
Merit scholarships from NESA assess three things. An Eagle Scout’s academic performance, school and Scouting participation, and community service.
To apply, start at the outset of your senior year of high school. Then, continue applying every year up through junior year in college.
You worked hard to achieve your Eagle Scout award. These top upcoming scholarships may help you pay for college. Make sure to check deadlines and apply as early as you are able.
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship