San Antonio, TX
Baptist University of the Americas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baptist University of the Americas

Hazel

I've learned valuble lessons at WBU. The one that will stay with me forever was the very first day. An instructor asked students to stand and introduce themselves and explain why they wanted to be nurses. I remember being extremely nervous; everyone had really good reasons why. As my turn came, I realized that I didn't know why I wanted to be a nurse. Our first clinical rotation was at a nursing home. While wheeling my patient back from breakfast, she asked for help to use the bathroom. I ran to get her nurse, but she was so busy and said she would have to wait. So I grabbed a couple of my fellow student nurses and we carefully helped her out of her wheelchair and on the toilet. Basking in our accomplishment, she had started to cry. I wondered if maybe we had hurt her. I realized that she was happy that a stranger had cared enough to help her. This is why I want to be a nurse. WBU helped me to realize that I was put here to help others, and without them, I don't know if would have stayed for the rest.

I really can't say or describe any one person who should attend this school. Wayland Baptist University is such a diverse university. I have seen people from all walks of life. I feel very welcomed here and I believe that any person could attend this university and do well. I believe that the administrators go out of their way to make WBU a school that is conducive to learning. I do not attend Baptist University of the Americas, rather I attend Wayland Baptist University. WBU was not an option on the list.

When I talk to my friends, I brag about how everyone made me feel so welcomed, and how they all convinced me that I could suceed. I would tell them how understanding they were with me, working full time in the military and attending class at night to reach my goals. Everyone was so eager to help me get into the nursing program. I would tell them that although the classes are hard and time consuming, It was worth the hardships in order to become a nurse.

Gary

I would give myself the advice of staying calm and not rushing things. I jumped into college trying to rush out and take as many classes as possible with the hopes of completing college quickly. What I didn't know was that I would become burnt out and Id miss out on amazing opporutunities to make friends and enjoy the college life, rather than give myself headaches from lack of sleep attempting to do homework all night and working to much in order to pay for it. Take your time kid.

I wish i would have better understood the work load difference from high school to college. The work load is much more and a bit more challenging. My first semester I was over ambitious and took 18 credit hours which was a hard semester, I faired alright but eventually I slowed it down on hours.

I struggle affording it. Its very frustrating seeings many students get big scholarships and grants and I don't.

Baptist University of the Americas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.