Cedarville University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cedarville University

Cedarville University is an experience I would encourage anyone to be a part of. I have only been attending there for one year so far, but my life has drastically changed for the better. I have been given the confidence to chase my dreams and become a better person every day. With everyone being very encouraging and on your side, you can actually achieve the unachievable. As an incoming student, I had no idea what to expect at Cedarville. It was a small town, which I liked, and seemed quiet from the outside. When I pulled into the parking lot, I knew this was going to be an experience like no other. Students were everywhere, moving everyone in with kindness and patience. People were always ready to help, and did so on multiple occasions. I felt like I was home. If you are looking for just an education, Cedarville is not for you. Because of the Christian atmosphere, we are constantly working on becoming more like Jesus Christ our Savior. With mentors and peers, we all have the same goal, though we come from different backgrounds. Overall, my experience at Cedarville University has been much better than I could have imagined. With a friendly atmosphere, a safe campus, and many things to do, you can be sure that you will have an amazing time with your life-long friends on campus.

Aria

Cedarville is an amazing school. All of the faculty and staff are very kind and loving and always go above and beyond for the students. The campus is also beautiful and well kept up. Cedarville really feels like home and i am very comfortable there. Going to Cedarville has honestly been one of the best parts of my life.

Lydia J

Where do I even begin? First of all Cedarville claims to be a Christian college and it is in the sense of it preaches the Bible and the professors are very serious about their faith and genuinely care about the faith of their students. I really appreciate the fact that they preach the Bible and hold to a strict interpretation of it. No complaints about that but everything else about this school sucks. It is extremely expensive and they will do whatever they can to get a student’s money even lying to you as a perspective student. They forgot to tell me that I would need to pay extra for summer classes if I wanted to finish my major in four years. They’re summer classes are the same price as regular classes so they got an extra $6000 from me. There are a ton of hidden fees and it’s not always worth the price. Another thing about cedarville is they only care about getting students there, once you’re there they could care less about you. You pay a ton of money to go there and their food is awful it’s barely edible sometimes and the facilities are bad. They never fix things in the dorm and the buildings are mediocre. They also treat their students like children, there are a ton of rules and some of them are justifiable while others are just an attempt to control the students. For example the curfew rule like we are adults what is the point of a curfew? Also there are always a few scandals every year at the school and instead of addressing them the school makes everybody be quiet about it and just pretends it never happened. And don’t even get me started on the students. It’s like high school all over again everything is cliques. Especially with the sports teams. People on sports teams think they are so cool even though they haven’t won a game in like 3 years and if you try to talk to them and you’re not on a sports team they treat you like trash. Try to make a friend group quickly because if you don’t everyone will look down on you and not talk to you because they think you’re beneath them. If you do have a friend group it’s probably a really shallow friendship because everyone just smiles and pretends everything is good all the time. Guys and girls cannot just be friends here. Guys assume when a girl talks to them that she loves him and wants to marry him right away. Everybody is so immature and naive here, dating lasts like a week and then they either break up or get engaged. Ring by spring is real. And if you do break up prepared to be judged. I have never been judged more in my life than here at Cedarville and I went to a nonchristian high school. Cedarville talks about being loving and kind and even claims it’s “like heaven” well I sure hope not because you can’t even talk to someone in another friend group without being seen as creepy or obsessive. It is very rare to find a nice person that goes here that isn’t just being fake.

Makayla

I love the small class size of each of the classes. I am also excited about the Bible minor that I am going to take next fall. Cedarville will challenge and encourage me to grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ and to serve other in my community.

I love Cedarville. I have the best friends here that I have ever had in my life. It is small enough that you'll typically see someone you know anywhere you go but big enough that there are places to get away and new people you can meet at any time. They have a variety to choose from the dorm-style you prefer to live in. I have loved every minute I have been here. Cedarville has such a God-centered atmosphere. Chapel every day is my favorite part of the day. It is so encouraging and it is a great place to see all of your closest friends in one place. I can't say enough about how great Cedarville is. :)

Moriah

Cedarville University has a good biblical standpoint. Because of this, the overall quality is better than average, including the students behavior and clothing. The University provides a good education, and the professors care not only about the students education, but also about the students themselves.