Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Jazmen

My classmates are the same as any person you may have known in your highshool.

My classmates are the same as any person you may have known in your highshool.

I would tell myself to calm down and relax. no one really knows what to expect when leaving a place that has been so comfortable. i'd say that things don't change as much as you think. You will love college. You will love the feeling of knowing you have the choice to decide your own future. You will love how many people you meet. Your expectations will be met. I'd tell myself to keep up with my studies, listen to my professors, and learn as much as you can. I would tell myself to be comfortable in my own skin. There are so many other people around and things will go a lot smoother if you are comfortable with yourself. I'd say to remember to have fun. My last words would be to enjoy myself, and my life is in my own hands!

I tell them that i attend school only on tuesdays. i am going to school full time and that financial aid is covering most of my fees. i tell them that my program is a great program to be part of.

Columbus State Community College is very conveniently located in downtown Columbus, easily accessible from any part of townand they also offer classes are many regional "off-campus" sites.

Columbus State Community College is best known for its Career and Technical program division, which offers two year career programs in more than fify-five areas of business, health, public service, human service, and engineering technologies.

The best piece of advice is to not quit, it may seem like it can be too much to handle but they are advisors and tutors that can help you. Once you start school do not let any one tell you its a waste of time and you don't need it, that is a bunch of crap. A college education will take you so far and the earning potiential is much more than that of a high school grad. Go for your dreams it will definitely be worth it in the long run. Make sure you make time to study and review classwork, at least an hour of study for every hour you are in class, it will help with tests and you will remember a lot more that way than trying to cram for finals.

Damiar

Columbus State Community College is a school for many people to have an advantage in their education and not have to pay the big bucks.

To go the cheaper route in college, especially in this economy. It is very hard to get student loans especially if you don't have a good enough co-signer. Find a job, work part time, go to school full time and start building up your credit for the future. Save money for emergencies in the future. This economy is something you have to plan for. Have back-up plans and be able to keep going forward and not backwards in life.

Columbus State needs to upgrade in there facility, and make it more modern. To me they need to clean it up because it looks very dirty. It would probably have more students go to this school once it got much cleaner.

Justin

From the way they look, speak, act, and are, my classmates remind me of the diversity and sense of community within the city.

You know your plan. College isn't for you and your high school transcript reflects that. You have some maturing to do before you should approach school. Go head and take that year off. Go to that two month audio production workshop. It'll help you to be able to live on your own and possibly assist you in redefining those average study skills. Get your drivers lisence, you're behind on that one. Move out into your own apartment. That action seems really appealing, but although rent will eat away at your money, you might be reshapped by some responsibility. Although a social life is important, you will be there for school work. Don't forget that much; take care of your responsibilities first.

The worst thing about my current school is the record breaking student population. This has made it so scheduling meetings with advisors is the only way to get them alone for any amount of time. It makes scheduling classes a cut throat competition in which I must enroll within the first day or two that I can. As a result, I have made efforts schedule all of my classes at an off campus location and have mapped my way through this community college by my own individual means.

Samuel

Columbus State Communitity College is a great school that is affordable for all. I chose this school because I am getting the same education that I would be getting at a college that costs twice to four times the amount of Columbus State. It is also a very diverse place to lean new things about different people and their cultures.

I would tell my past self that I need to be a lot more organized. I would also say that I would get to know every person that I could because the more people you know the more help you can get. One more thing that I would say is start being responsible as soon as possible so you get a taste of what the college life is like.

Any person can attend Columbus State. It does not matter what you are going for this is the right college for anyone.

Madeleine

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice as a high school senior I would tell myself to give future a deep thought. Try to figure out a few things that I'm interested and curious about, so that I don't end up wasting time and money trying to explore various options at a costly college level. This is a point in my life when I have plenty of time, be ambitious and ask around and also explore various options that could interest me. Stop thinking that everything is in the future and that I don't have to worry about such choices for an extended amount of time, because years fly by and before I know it I will be married with two kids and a dog living across the Atlantic Ocean where I actually have to pay for college. Do not take anything for granted, plan ahead and be ambitious.

I wish I would have known and understood more about the American school system before starting community college. That way I would have saved myself some time and money. I also wish I would have asked for more help of the counselors that were offered, being more ambitious and taking career choices more seriously. Additionally, I wish I would have explored other school and interesting programs before staring to take classes at chosen college. That way I could have had an idea of other options or atleast a plan to take the right classes that would transfer.

Columbus State Community College is a great choice for everyone , being more affordable than four year colleges and offering convenient locations as well as smaller classes. Columbus State Community College is definitely for those who want to save money and get an education at the same time. Not only does the school offer normal class hours, but also serves nontraditional students by offering evening and web based classes. It doesn't matter if you're a young student or a working adult, Columbus State Community College can meet your needs.

lee

The school costs much less than others and the class sizs were also smaller.

The school costs much less than others and the class sizs were also smaller.

I would have told myself that it is really important to finish highschool. Dropping out makes going to collage much more difficult. I would have also told myself the importance of getting good scores on the SAT were almost more important than my actual grades.

I wish that I had known that parking would have been so difficult. Many times I have waited almost an hour for a spot.

I would tell myself to take the plunge and go straight to school; to enjoy the college experience that I've heard so much about but unfortunately missed. I would also tell myself, though, to make sure it is exactly what I want to do; I see so many of my high school classmates and new friends who went the high school straight to college route assuming that was what they were supposed to do, and ended up stuck with a major and a degree that they had no interest in. 27 year old me would be sure that 18 year old me took the time to think about what it is I think I could do for the rest of my life, and to look at it from every side possible: time, family, success, money, but most of all, happiness! Then...I would say Taylor, life only gets better!

I enjoy that it is a smaller school with attention focused on individuals, as opposed to groups as a whole.

I wish I had known how important school was when I was in high school. I didn't get out of high school what lots of people do, and I regret that. Because of this, I didn't choose to further my education until much after high school. I'm happy to be doing so now, however, I feel that I could be more successful now had I seen the importance much earlier.

Christa

I would tell myself to first take time to really think about what career I may want to enter. It is okay to take time off after college to decide on a career and to give myself time to also mature so I can be more focused in college. Once I was ready to attend college I would tell myself to become educated on student loans and scholarships and to take the time to utilize the help and activities that are available on campus. I would also tell myself to become disciplined and focused, because not spending time on studying and doing homework can set you back and delay the processing of the main goal which is graduation.

I wish I was more knowledgeable on Financial Aid, Scholarships, and time management.

I think the worst part of school is the parking and class availabilty. It is hard to find parking because we are a community college with almost 35,000 students since more people are returning to school. Classes are also only available certain quarters and times which is not always flexible for the student.

Kendra

If I could go back I would tell myself 'don't sweat it'. College is a smooth transition. The twelve years you spend in school actually pay off. All of the times you worried about the little projects and tests was worth it. College is by no means easier, but if you keep the determination and focus that you have always had you will be successful. College is not a place to procrastinate or slack off but it is a place to be organized and prosper. You grow up fast when you go to college because you are your own motivator. You do not have people cheering you on all the time so being focused and determined is key. Overall, there is not need to worry, you'll be fine if you take what you have learned previously with you.

People who have a good idea of what they want to achieve should attend this school. It could be challenging for a young person to enter into shool without a game plan. It takes a focused and determined person to do well at any college. If a person does not stay completely focused they may end up taking longer in school than they really want to spend there. This school is also a good place for adults to get more education even if they are not degree seeking. Education is a great way to enhance lifee

The tuition is what I can afford! Also all of my professors have been very helpful and have taught me well.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.