Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Filemone

Well one of the unique and beneficial things that I like about my school, is that it is small. I find it very convenient to get one on one help with the teacher as oppose to a university in the classroom. Also the tutition is very affordable which is a big plus in my book, and lastly the people their are so respectable, and of course kind. Also this school is partnered with Ohio State and other universities if you want to transfer over there nicely. Overall this is a great college and you would be accepted with open arms.

Well I wasn't a very good student in high school and I would constantly get into trouble. I struggled alot in that school because of the way I acted. In my junior year (but was still considered a freshman because of the insufficient amount of credits that I had) I got some advice from my father and mother telling me to get my act to together to start a new and if I don't I would be in high school for 6 years. Then it dawned on me I would be in high school for more than 4 years! So thanks to my parents and some friends that were pulling for me to get caught up I decided to go to summer school and take all the classes I failed and to go after school and recover my credits and study really hard. By the end of my senior year I graduated with my class, but I still had a very low GPA and couldn't apply to the college I wanted to go. If I could go back in time I would slap myself in the past and tell myself to get my act together or else!

I personally don't brag about anything to my friends, and I try to remain humble as possible.

Myeesa

Stay in school. Don't grow up so fast. Don't always e in such a hurry to get somewhere. Stop smoking while you still can-now! Don't even think about drinking alcohol. Take only a summer off, then start right back, so you don't lose your edge, willpower, and nerve. And don't let anyone tell you that you can't.

There's a variety of majors at Columbus State. You can start without, then gain direction as you go, there is tutoring, ith listed times on the school's website, the teachers are pretty cool and down to earth, and the food is great in the huge cafeteria. They even have an gym to work out in. They also have sports and skill teams, like chess tournaments, and swimming, and pilates, and aerobics- for a credit or 2! It's awesome. And way cheaper than the larger colleges in the area

My time managemet skills need improvement. And I am working out the situation

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would advise my high school self to study more, and to complete ALL of my homework assignments. Also, I would tell myself to worry less, and to realize the most important thing about school is the knowledge I accumulate to propel myself to the greater success of the future.

marcus

The advice I would give is to make frequent visits to the school counselors at the high school and even at the colllege/university that's in interest. I would advise conducting research by gathering all the info necessary of making logical choices on a major, financial aid opportunities, and being involved in mentorship.

I wish that I had more information about the Nursing program. I had to conduct much of my research on my own.

I brag mostly about the type of programs the school offers with a great support system for students that need assistance to get them through college.

Naomi

I like that it is a very good place to transition to other colleges. CSCC is also relatively inexpensive and a great deal of credits transfer to the school in which I want to finish my undergrad. Going to a community college helped me meet people that were already finished with their first degree and are now on to earn a technical degree to re-enter a very competetive job market. These people improved the way I view college as a whole. I realize that college was made to prepare you for your major.

I would tell myself not to worry and not to feel overwhelmed. I would tell myself that I know that it seems like your future is so long from now and that the time it will take to accomplish your goals seems entirely too far away. I would tell myself to remember that the time that you spend working through your degree depends entirely on yourself and your ability to work hard. Remember that anyone who has ever amounted to anything got there through his/her dedication and hard work. I would also tell myself that if you just be yourself and keep your goal in mind, then nothing can stop you from accomplishing your dreams. I?d remind myself that completing your major is not impossible, it isn?t even improbable, but it will not be easy.

CSCC is a wonderful place to get a technical career or to begin the General classes that are needed for a Bachelor's degree in a 4 year school. It has really jumpstarted my career and I feel as if I have progressed on the classes I need for my Bachelor's degree.

Spencer

I would tell myself to continue pushing yourself to the limit. Do not give up and give it your all to better succeed in life. I believe that the motivation I would give them would really help him out and I would become a lot better off that what I am doing today with my struggles and hardships I have had to deal with from school to family to even the workplace. I want to be successful and I would tell my past self to always go for it all so in the end he wlill be successful in the future.

Diamond

If Icould go back in time to the days where I was a high school senior I would've told myself to take more of the advanced classes, such as KAP physics or AP classes for they would help me more in college. I would've told myself to study more and to make a list of things I needed to accomplish before starting college, that way I would be more prepared and have more of the things I needed at hand, instead of trying ot get them now while I'm in college. I would've told myself to look into every possible career imaginable that I would be interested in and see if its something I would want to pursue. And finally, I would tell myself to be mentally prepared for college. For soon I would be an adult and would have to start taking care of myself and my business so I need to be prepared for the real world.

Honestly, any person should attend this school. Columbus State Community college is a great way to start off on the right foot. The classes are reasonably prices, you go at your own pace, there are small classesroom for hands on learning and tutors who can help you if you are struggling with a class. It honestly is an ideal place to start out and I'm happy that this is the first place i chose to go to.

I don't believe the school is restricted in anyway that a person wouldn't or shouldn't want to go. But personality wise if a person prefers a school with bigger classes, offers more majors, a place alittle more expensive but has high quality classes then they would probably want to start out at a university rather than a community college.

Jazmen

My classmates are the same as any person you may have known in your highshool.

My classmates are the same as any person you may have known in your highshool.

I would tell myself to calm down and relax. no one really knows what to expect when leaving a place that has been so comfortable. i'd say that things don't change as much as you think. You will love college. You will love the feeling of knowing you have the choice to decide your own future. You will love how many people you meet. Your expectations will be met. I'd tell myself to keep up with my studies, listen to my professors, and learn as much as you can. I would tell myself to be comfortable in my own skin. There are so many other people around and things will go a lot smoother if you are comfortable with yourself. I'd say to remember to have fun. My last words would be to enjoy myself, and my life is in my own hands!

I tell them that i attend school only on tuesdays. i am going to school full time and that financial aid is covering most of my fees. i tell them that my program is a great program to be part of.

Columbus State Community College is very conveniently located in downtown Columbus, easily accessible from any part of townand they also offer classes are many regional "off-campus" sites.

Columbus State Community College is best known for its Career and Technical program division, which offers two year career programs in more than fify-five areas of business, health, public service, human service, and engineering technologies.

The best piece of advice is to not quit, it may seem like it can be too much to handle but they are advisors and tutors that can help you. Once you start school do not let any one tell you its a waste of time and you don't need it, that is a bunch of crap. A college education will take you so far and the earning potiential is much more than that of a high school grad. Go for your dreams it will definitely be worth it in the long run. Make sure you make time to study and review classwork, at least an hour of study for every hour you are in class, it will help with tests and you will remember a lot more that way than trying to cram for finals.

Damiar

Columbus State Community College is a school for many people to have an advantage in their education and not have to pay the big bucks.

To go the cheaper route in college, especially in this economy. It is very hard to get student loans especially if you don't have a good enough co-signer. Find a job, work part time, go to school full time and start building up your credit for the future. Save money for emergencies in the future. This economy is something you have to plan for. Have back-up plans and be able to keep going forward and not backwards in life.

Columbus State needs to upgrade in there facility, and make it more modern. To me they need to clean it up because it looks very dirty. It would probably have more students go to this school once it got much cleaner.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.