Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Jason

My school is educational, helpful, incredible, fun, and most of all, informative.

I would tell myself that no matter how tough it may seem, stick to school. Don't stop in the middle of a semester because you just can't take it anymore. I would tell myself that I have wonderful friends and family who support me, and who will be there for me when times get tough. That no matter what happens, stick to your work and don't stop. Life is much harder out of school, and you can make a better living by getting a degree the first time around, rather than quitting school and returning later on.

When I talk about my school with my friends, I generally like to tell them about the quality of the lessons and the hands on experiences that I am receiving. I also tell them about my professors and how they really are trying to help prepare us for our careers when we are finished with school.

Tyler

My classmates show great initiative and alot of them are a few years older returning to school to get their associate's degre...

My classmates show great initiative and alot of them are a few years older returning to school to get their associate's degree

I would tell myself first and foremost to study. I would tell myself to stop fooling afround as much and start making better grades. I maintained a 3.0 in high school but looking back i could have worked harder to get higher grades. This would have opened up more scholarships and opportunities to me. Its amazing how when your in high school you dont look as much to te future and are more worried about the here and now. It;s like that with alot of things though. You dont notice them or realize what you should have done until after the time has passed you by. Of course hind sight is 20/20 but the importance of seizing the moment has never seemed so imoprtant than when your looking back on what you could of done or should of done and knowing that it directly affected where your at now in your life.

Everything at this school is what i needed. I just wanted a school where i could get my two year degree before i go on to get my bachelor's degree. I am staying pretty busy splitting time between work and school. I suppose i wish i would of known how tight money was going to be.

Alicia

Diverse, unique, fun, and educational with lots of opportunities.

Diverse, unique, fun, and educational with lots of opportunities.

When i started out at columbus state, i was a post secondary student, and going to this college really opened my eyes to the qualities of education, and the college experience. It was so much better i think then high school was, there were more collaborations amongst students and more in depth class discussions with the students during any course. The classes seemed to get more done as far as learning more in a short period of time, which also i think helped keep them from getting boring like in a high school.

If if could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would have advised myself to jump right into fall quarter after high school, instead of waiting for the next quarter. If i had done that not only would i have more college credit, but i would be much closer at achieving my goal to jumping into my selected career out of college. I would also advise myself to put great detail, and effort into more of my assignments, especially in english, because although i did a great job, i think i would have done much better, and succeeded even more at my writing. I would also advise myself as a senior to try and get into clubs, to be more active, make more friends, and gain even more input on others ideas about any subject, life in their eyes, and even opinions or suggestions of what i can do.

Julie

Don't wait or expect your parents to help you pay for college; find ways on your own to do it. Also find places of interest to volunteer at in order to help you make a better decision for what to major in when you get to college. If your school counselor doesn't call you into his/her office continue to bug them until they effectively help you.

I can get an American Sign Language Interpreter Asociates Degree there but there isn't any availability to become a Spanish Interpreter with an Assocoaties Degree

Kristin

Columbus State Community College offers a wide variety of classes offered online. This works best for me because I can work, be a mom and still get an education.

There are so many things that I would love to go back in time to tell myself throughout my highschool years. If I had the opportunity to do so I would start off by telling myself to ask for help. The staff is there to help the students succeed. Don't get so defeted, just pick yourself back up and try again. It isn't easy, but it'll only be harder later. I would try to explain to myself that the opportunities after high school are so much greater if you put forth a genuine effort and try. Overall I would tell myself not to give up.

Trying to get around the campus is a little confusing, probably because I do most things online so I just don't know my way around very well yet.

Kyle

CSCC gives everyone a chance to create a better life for themselves and their families.

Understand that high school teachers and administrators have your best interest at heart and know what they are talking about. They are there to help with the transition and help answer any questions you have about college. Everything teachers do, from the homework to the tests to the discipline, serves a purpose no matter how redundant the task may be. In the end you'll be more grateful for having been put through it.

Anyone who wants to better themselves and their future. No matter what your age, everyone should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve a sense of higher learning.

Kimberley

Columbus State is unique because it is extremely affordable. The Professors are helpful and being able to take some courses online is helpful. Online courses are helpful because as college student money is tight and using less gas helps.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to use all resources available to me. That you have to study as hard during your senior year as the rest of your high school career. Setting of priorities and limiting of parties is needed. There will be boughts of homesickness but if you keep yourself busy and join clubs you will see, you hardly miss home at all. I would tell my self to use all tutors, and study halls to better prepare myself for the heavy workload. Most of all I would tell myself to always be prepared.

I feel that the kind of person who should attend Columbus State is someone who wants to get an education. Education is extremely important especially in today?s economy. There are so many people out of work that having an education might put you on the top of the pile of resumes. CSCC is affordable for the young and old alike. With my own mother unemployed due to the economic downturn, I understand the value of a dollar. In closing I feel the type of person who should attend Columbus State is a person who wants to get an education.

Bethany

Stick with it! No matter how much you don't want to go it is worth it! Better it get it all done early then go back later and regret the decisions you've made. Look into everything and review it all.

I came in pretty knowledgeable. I talked to a lot of students and took tours so I knew what to expect.

I don't consider anything bad about the school except parking. Parking is horrible and you need to schedule your classes in times that makes parking easier. Otherwise leave atleast an hour early to make it to class on time.

Latasha

Convenient with option of online classes and on campus classes. The price is great at $79 per credit hour.

I remember not so long ago my outlook on education wasn?t so enthusiastic. I used to get very frustrated and feel I was always a couple paces behind the rest of the class. Since I was unable to decide what the best major for me was, I had convinced myself into thinking I wasn?t cut out for college. I continued concentrating on my job in hopes of one day receiving a promotion. I work as an account clerk in a Business Office. I have felt stuck or boxed in my current position. I could not see beyond my current position and the promotions never came. I have found a major that is suited for me which is Business Management and Civil Engineering. I plan on transferring to Ohio University and enrolling in the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies Dec., 2011. I have a lot of family support that is cheering me on and my outlook for the future is very positve now. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself never give up. Always believe in yourself and anything is possible. Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

Everyone should attend. Great for any age group.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.