Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Latasha

Convenient with option of online classes and on campus classes. The price is great at $79 per credit hour.

I remember not so long ago my outlook on education wasn?t so enthusiastic. I used to get very frustrated and feel I was always a couple paces behind the rest of the class. Since I was unable to decide what the best major for me was, I had convinced myself into thinking I wasn?t cut out for college. I continued concentrating on my job in hopes of one day receiving a promotion. I work as an account clerk in a Business Office. I have felt stuck or boxed in my current position. I could not see beyond my current position and the promotions never came. I have found a major that is suited for me which is Business Management and Civil Engineering. I plan on transferring to Ohio University and enrolling in the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies Dec., 2011. I have a lot of family support that is cheering me on and my outlook for the future is very positve now. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself never give up. Always believe in yourself and anything is possible. Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

Everyone should attend. Great for any age group.

Frankie

Frankie Guglielmi, determine what kind of career fields you could see yourself in before you graduate from high school. Since you are undecided for a college major my best advice would be for you to go online and research all college majors. Write down the ones that most interest you and head in that direction, furthering research on each. You should choose the major that you feel will bring the most contentment to your life. When choosing a college you must determine whether or not you want a "college experience" or an education. They both can be combined but a community college will provide you with more of an education rather than a "college experience". Even though you may feel you will not go pro in a sport, joining college athletics could bring you scholarships, friends, and encouragement along with your education. It is also a great idea to find a good part-time job that you can keep through your education. Practice the use of a personal schedule to keep yourself well organized with the new congestion of college life. Understand that when you graduate high school self-commitment and motivation are crucial to your succes in college.

Someone who wants to be a part of a rapidly growing college at a convenient cost should attend Columbus State Community College. Someone who is concerned with the cost of tuition should be able to afford theirs. An individual seeking a simpler campus with less people would fit in here. A person who would like to have easy engagement with professors and staff as well as develop relationships with them throughout their education should attend Columbus State. Also, if one seeks a well guiding advisory staff then they will be well suited for this school.

I do not brag much about Columbus State but if I were to do so I would say their tuition is more affordable and their education is the same compared to other colleges. Also, it is much easier to find your way around a smaller campus.

Michelle

CSCC is a richly diverse school best for those who want to get a two year degree and start a new career or to start your education before transferring to a more prestigious, four year school.

Michelle, everything will really be alright. You don't need to be so nervous about going to college. Yes, there will be an overwhelming amount of new people - at first. Soon, you will love the diversity. You will love to see how different people learn and live their lives. Secondly, stop freaking out about the schoolwork. Yes, it will be challenging. I promise you, though, you can do it. Keep chugging along. Do your homework and read your assignments. Ask questions when you need to. Just because you're not in high school anymore, doesn't mean you can't ask questions when you don't understand something. Lastly, expect the unexpected. Learning is the priority; don't forget that learning doesn't always come from your textbooks and lectures. Go have an adventure when you need a break from the same flashcards you just flipped through 3,432,817 times. Embrace the change.

CSCC is not for someone who is looking for the traditional college experience. The school does not have dorms. CSCC is for the more independent student.

Kristen

Flexability. Many classes are offered online so many students with families and full time jobs have a easier time doing their classwork through home or work. Also as mentioned above, how inexpensive the classes are. After obtaining a two year degree, a student is able to transfer.

You did great in highschool, but you should have spent more time filling out scholarship applications and focused on getting federal aid. Also instead of working 40+hours a week, you should have focused more on school work instead of being tired all the time. Take time to figure out what you want to do, friends are important to have, but your future and career matter more. I also would have recommended to take the ACT more than one time instead of settling for just one score.

My school is small and allows teachers to spend more time with their students so they understand the material better. The campus is less crowded so students feel more comfortable in thier surroundings as well. It is also not as expensive as many other colleges but still obtaining a great education at the same time.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior to discuss college life and making the transition, I would tell myself not to be so proud and go anywhere that I can afford to obtain a four year degree. I would tell myself in detail that "brand named" colleges are not everything, but having a education from anywhere is the most important thing to accomplish. The best college education is one that is not listed as the best in U.S.A. reports, however the best college education is the one where myself makes the best out of my education; meaning I make my education. I would explain to myself how much more difficult of a time I will have finding the financial aid I need for college and must "weed" out the corporate practices of a college, and attend the school that offers the best education for the money. I would also tell myself above all, to be happy. Find my happy place and work towards my goals. For with out happiness, no education is worth gaining unless one personally grows.

A person that shouldn't attend this school is one who has no determination or sense of sacrifice. A person must have determination to be able to put forth the effort and work needed to obtain their goals for college coarse work and also be able to sacrifice their time to be dedicated to their work. Also, a person who does not have a heart and does not want to better, not only themselves, but their community and world, should not attend this school. One must want to impact the world and go where life takes them.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the difficulty of finding financial aid and support to attend college when one does not have any parental or family support because one is in jail and the other left at a young age. Also, because of demographic areas, the rest of the family does not support the student (me) because of their sexuallity. It is frustrating because I have the determination and skill, and appreciate the value of an education, however is being told that I can not better my self because I lack money and suffer from parents mistakes.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.