Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Eddie

I would tell my younger self in high-school to "DO YOUR WORK!!" Don't let the fact that you are being bullied and osctricized by your peers influence your future(family move).I know the lonliness is tough, but instead of leaving school and talking that easy 10 minute walk home, stay and learn because in 3 years you will be acing Calculus; even if now, you are getting a D in geometry. You have the potential to do math in your sleep. All you have to do is apply yourself. I will be your father figure. Public high-school is free! In 3 years, if you stay on this path, you will have to withdraw loans and be in thousands of dollars in debt simply because you were forced to start out in remedial courses resulting from not having the knowledge to place into anything higher. Get it? You have to take about 7 unnecessary, very low-level math courses before calclus in order to " build up your math skills"(even if you could probably do just fine in a calc 1 course at the time of placement).

A person who has ambition, but lacks the financial means to acheive them at this time.

The type of person that should not attend this school is someone who has enough money to jump right into a 4-year university. The advisors at CSCC are not the best.

Erika

Stop procrastinating! Deadlines are sooner than you think! Start planning on what you want to do so you are not stuck at home working at some dead end job while your friends are applying themselves at some big name college. Keep working hard becuase it does pay off. It is not as scarey as it seems and you will meet some really intersting people along the way. Life is a journey and going to college right away is just part of your first steps, four years may sound long but in the long run you will find they were not so long after all.

One who is not willing to apply themselves.

Brieanna

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would be in a very different place today. First and foremost I would tell myself that no man should ever influence my educational decisions. It is a decision I learned the hard way and this poor decision resulted in me taking two years of school at my local community college. However, I have turned a negative into a positive and made the most out of my community college experience and will be transferring to Missouri University of Science and Technology in the fall. If I could go back I would also tell myself to take an extra math class and not to settle for the required number of math classes. My last piece of advice for myself in high school would be to enjoy the last moments in high school because too soon you will be wishing that you could go back.

Hanna

You can choose one class up to a maximum of four classes at a time. It's nice for students that want to take it slow, or adults that want to complete their degree, but for students that want to get a good full education, it's hard because classes are limited and selective. Prices per credit are quite expensive as well.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I usually brag that I can take classes whenever I want and when I don't want to take sit-in classes, I can take them online. It is very convenient, especially for people that have jobs. Classes are a 8 week class, so you learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Nastaran

Columbus State Community College is a great school to start with.

Columbus State Community College is a great school to start with.

It is best known for the high transfer rates.

One advice I would give myself is to continue college and get a degree to get a good job in the future. It is important for me to have a job which I like, since I will do it my entire life. The medical field has interested me for a long time. That is why I am pursuing my dream and getting my degree.

Christopher

I love college not only because of the knowledge I gain in class, but because I know that knowledge is a bridge to a better life later on. I think every american wants to provide a better life for the next generation, and now more than ever, a college degree is imperative to achieving that goal. I live in a single parent household, with a mother that works very hard to provide for me. She does not have a degree, and I would be the first in my family to graduate from college. With a degree I want to make sure that my kids have more opportunities than I did, and mabey even get a new set of wheels for my mom, she could really use a new car !

Sha'Quila

My school is known for having the most excellent transferring programs and easy-going courses that many people would find very helpful. The instructors at my college are all wonderful kind people who dedicate their hard work, time into making our dreams come true and to guide us into the right direction of our promising careers. My school has several prgrams to choose from for a price that would make any on-a-budget student rejoice with happiness. My college is known for helping students reach their goals and strive to push their students to the max to be successful.

Out of my colllege exxperience, i've learned how to see the good out of bad situations, to take life seriously, learned to become indepent, and also learned things about myself that i hadn't known about myself through a writing class i took at this school. When I first started attending Columbus State, I was very nervous. The first day I had butterflies in my stomach and was excited yet worried at the same time. Once i made it through the first week, those butterflies slowly slipped away and I began to make new friends and ggrew fond of my instructors. I knew if i wanted to succeed, I had to study, study, study. And I did, and I received a GPA of 3.6. I've always told myself I that i was a terrible test-taker, and my principle former principle told me it was in my head. She was right. I've managed to do well on all of my tests. It's been valuable to attend college because I took a course that helped me to become a better test-taker. I found that all things are possible if we try to reach our goals.

The worst thing about this school is that it is not an on-campus site to where students can just roll out of bed and go to class but they do offer nearby apartments to students. I dislike that my school is so huge that we don't carry eough security on campus for women that are walking to their cars who need assistance from criminals and rapist. However, I find this school would be one that I can see any student who can't afford a private college or school alone loving to guiide them to their successful careers.

Christina

College has been the single most valuable experience in my life. Because of college I have a self esteem that is bolstered by proof of my ability to express myself intelligently. I have proven to myself that I am smart, witty and quick to reach the more appropriate answer. I learned and now know that I can learn new concepts and master them in a short time. I have become an adult because of my college experience. I entered college for the first time 12 years after graduating from high school. I went off to travel the world and learned much about local customs and history. Nothing prepared me for the sense of accomplishment that my first 100 on a math test gave me. The awe and wonder of the sunset in the Sahara was much easier to express and far more realistic after I fine tuned it in my Communications 101 course, also garnering an “A.” Learning at the collegiate level has become a requirement in my life that I cannot neglect. I love College!

Morgan

Columbus State is affordable with teachers who are excellent in their field and care about students.

My experience at college has not only given me the academic and professional knowledge I need to succeed, but has also helped me develop emotionally and mentally as a person. College has given me time to grow in confidence and become more truly myself than ever before.

The parking situation can be frustrating.

Devon

CSCC is a fabulous institution, determined to meet the needs of every student. Offering a wide range of courses 6 days a week, at multiple sites, to a variety of people, CSCC strives to provide people from all walks of life the educational experience they are seeking.

Throughout my life, my parents have enstilled in me a strong sense of giving back to my community. Upon attending school, it was important to me to figure out a way to continue fulfilling this goal. During my undergraduate studies at Bucknell University, I found great interest in the psychology department, focusing on children and how to best provide them with a healthy sense of self, safe environment, and how to best deal with any developmental disorders they may have. Through my years at Bucknell, I eventually became inspired to pursue a Masters in Education, to learn all I can to best help , understand and teach children. I wouldnt have chosen any other educational path for myself, as each class that I have taken and each professor I have learned from has played a unique part in my learning experience and the discovery of myself and how I can best serve and help to improve my community.

Before coming to CSCC I wish I had known how difficult it can be to go back to school after a hiatus. Paying for school and balancing work and classes, and do homework are just some of the challenges I face! You need motivation and determination to stick with your goal, knowing that once it is accomplished, it will be worth all the hard work!

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.