Columbus, OH
Columbus State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Columbus State Community College

Morgan

Columbus State is affordable with teachers who are excellent in their field and care about students.

My experience at college has not only given me the academic and professional knowledge I need to succeed, but has also helped me develop emotionally and mentally as a person. College has given me time to grow in confidence and become more truly myself than ever before.

The parking situation can be frustrating.

Devon

CSCC is a fabulous institution, determined to meet the needs of every student. Offering a wide range of courses 6 days a week, at multiple sites, to a variety of people, CSCC strives to provide people from all walks of life the educational experience they are seeking.

Throughout my life, my parents have enstilled in me a strong sense of giving back to my community. Upon attending school, it was important to me to figure out a way to continue fulfilling this goal. During my undergraduate studies at Bucknell University, I found great interest in the psychology department, focusing on children and how to best provide them with a healthy sense of self, safe environment, and how to best deal with any developmental disorders they may have. Through my years at Bucknell, I eventually became inspired to pursue a Masters in Education, to learn all I can to best help , understand and teach children. I wouldnt have chosen any other educational path for myself, as each class that I have taken and each professor I have learned from has played a unique part in my learning experience and the discovery of myself and how I can best serve and help to improve my community.

Before coming to CSCC I wish I had known how difficult it can be to go back to school after a hiatus. Paying for school and balancing work and classes, and do homework are just some of the challenges I face! You need motivation and determination to stick with your goal, knowing that once it is accomplished, it will be worth all the hard work!

Columbus State Community College is a great place to start, it allows you to take classes while you get financially situated before transfering to a four year college.

My advice to high school seniors is to focus on your grades and make sure you apply to all the scholarships you can. When you start looking for schools always have back up options. Also ,think real hard about your options map everything out, it may be better to start at a two year college first to get your general classes out of the way it helps a lot financially.

Columbus State Community College is perfect for those who are not sure what they want to major in or can not afford to pay a lot for general classes.

Tynisa

Study harder on your math, reading and biology. Because in the long run you will need to know these subjects. Try your best to keep your GPA up, so you can get in a better college. Follow your dreams and don't let no one get in your ways. Succeding now, can lead to your success, later.

The worst thing about college is trying to get use to being in school, my time managing skills and getting more organized. I have gotten better with my timing by spacing out my classes and also allowing more study time in the day. I now organize my papers by note, homework assignments and reports. In doing doing that I am more organized.

The most frustrating part about college, that I do not like is math. I say math because I am not that good at equations. I mean, I know basic math like addition and substarction. The hybird class I took in math is very hard. It's hard because it is basically onilne and there is no teacher to talk, too! Like I said I dislike math.

Heather

Since I am now in my third attempt to attend college since I graduated from high school, I would love to go back in time and give myself a good shaking! I could have done better with my high school grades and worked harder to get scholarships. Not having a college degree has held me back, and if I had applied myself back then, I would have graduated over ten years ago and my life would be a lot different. While I believe one should never stop learning and it's never too late to go back to school, things could have been easier for me if I'd just given my future a thought while I was still in high school. I would advise myself not to give up so easily and not to allow other people to make those important life decisions for me. I had the brains and the talent, and I should have used them. But better late than never, right? Right!

CSCC offers flexibility. I can take my classes online or in a classroom setting. They have a wide variety of courses that are relevant to my future plans and I don't have to take a lot of off-topic courses in order to get my degree.

Occasionly, I've taken an online course where the instructor doesn't seem to understand how to teach online. Sometimes the online courses require more work than if I'd taken the same class on campus. This is particularly frustrating because one of the reasons I prefer to take online courses is the time factor.

Crystal

Columbus state is best known for the higest amount of students graduating with associates degrees in the Central Ohio area. They are also known for their comparably less expensive tution costs per credit hour as well as the flexiable and various course schedules they provide for working adults, students, and professionals.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself to not worry so much about what major I was going to pick. I would urge myself to simply take time to enjoy the college experience such as expanding my knowledge, developing new ideas, meeting a variety of people from various places and discovering myself more in depth. It seems so much emphasis can be placed on having to make a decision on what one wants to do for the rest of their life that the whole exciting experience that can bring so much personal growth and discovery is lost. The result of this sometimes pressured decision is often either "choosing to choose" or even worse being pressured into a field by someone else. So I?d say "Let go. let live, and take some time to discover things about yourself that may entirely change the direction you thought you were heading before being in college! Don?t panic if it takes you awhile to figure things out, after all the best things in life are worth waiting for!"

I beleive the worst thing about Columbus state Community College is the student parking available! The attendence rate as increased considerably over the past few years and the alotted parking has not, therefore resulting in near traffic jams in the parking lots while students attempt to find somewhere to park. I also believe that upon enrollment the advisors could do a better job on informing students about the processes that they must take to get completly enrolled and financial aide rolling, as it can be kind of a confusing process at first.

Anne

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to pay more attention to my long term career and personal goals. Spending the time to research all available majors and their intended career paths would have helped me choose a career that made sense for me professionally and personally. I would also strongly recommend participating in internship programs. These are an excellent way to expose yourself to the day to day activities in a career, and get your foot in the door for future employment. The better connected and exposed you can become to your career in college, the better your chances become of obtaining a position at a premier company in your field.

The best thing about Columbus State Community College is the affordable tuition and the quality of the education you receive. Many students don?t consider the financial commitment required to attend college. Upon graduation student loan debt can be overwhelming. At Columbus State I can dramatically reduce my student loan debt while obtaining an education that allows me to pursue my career goals.

The worst thing about Columbus State Community College is that students are unable to obtain a four year degree. When you can obtain an education from a school that offers affordable tuition, small classes, state of the art resources, and a fun atmosphere, it?s a shame you have to go elsewhere to obtain a bachelors degree. Aside from that parking can be a challenge from time to time.

If I could go back to high school and give myself advice, after knowing about college life and the transition, I would tell myself three things: enjoy your time with your friends, be studious and finish well, research and plan ahead for college, taking into account location, tuition (and debt), and quality of education. First of all, make sure you enjoy each minute you have with your close friends, because soon you will all be in different states or countries and getting married - and months of scarce communication will fly by without you even noticing it once you graduate. Secondly, finish well. Don't let "senioritis" get to you academically. Finish your last quarter with good grades and attendence. Lastly, but very importantly: plan, plan, plan for college. Sit down and budget. Know what debt you'll end up having to pay if your tuition is sky high. Find the best quality program for the best overall cost. Research the area in which you'll be living to make sure you'll like it. Save up and find scholarships. I would share these three important things with my high school self if I could.

The best kind of person to attend this school would be one that wants to receive a quality education and has the drive to do so; someone who is intrigued and sees benefit in studying alongside peoples of all different ages as cultures. The person that wants to attend this school should be someone that is wise with their money and willing to make the most of their educational experience while paying the least.

So far I have been very impressed by my school. The diversity is incredible and the atmosphere very unique. If I had to pick one thing that frustrates me most, it would probably be academic advising. I haven't had any problems with it myself, but many of my classmates have and have had difficulty trying to fix scheduling problems or application problems because of lack of good counsel from good advisors.

amanda

Being a highschool senior all we could think about was getting our of our terrible school, away from these immature kids, and have our own way of life. But in reality it is just the same thing over again but with more immature, rude people. I would tell myself that I need to slow down in high school and really pay attention to what I was doing or being taught. I should enjoy the years I had with my fellow classmates because once I got out into the big world things just got worse. I would let myself know that the first college I went to was the worse choice and I should only make the final descion for myself and not what my mom or the volleyball recruiter wanted. I would have done more research finding the best suiting college for myself. The majoy thing I would tell myself is do this for you, this is your life, your future, you are the only one that can determine it. With that in mind I know that I would have started off on the right foot instead of learning the wrong way.

I wish I would have known that there is a limited amount of help, some of the teachers can be rude to the students and not preform the correct duties. I also would have like to know that the people that I am surronded by do not care about anything but themselves. For example, in a quite classroom someone has their Ipod blasting during class, or they just shove in the hallways, or be rude towards the prfessors.

The most frustrating thing about school, is walking into a computer lab to finish up some homework and all the computers are filled in both open computer labs in the building, including the library. Another frustration is the parking lot, it is way too small to hold the number of students attending this school, if you are not here early, no spot. Lastly, I prefer to have personal desks in the classroom, but the school has long tables with however many chairs under it.

Kendra

I would say my school is best known for being in the center of Columbus. Columbus State is a very popular community college that is fastly growing. I think this school is really just known for being a successful community college that gives many people in the community a greater opportunity for a higher education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to prepare for a great change in my life. I would tell myself about some of the differences between high school and college such as the testing differences, the professors, and the expensive books! I would tell myself that I really need to take college serious and work as hard as I possibly can. I also would tell myself that there are many different types of people who all learn in different ways and that I should use this to my advantage because the greatest way of learning is from someone else. Last I would tell myself to never give up because that is not the way to finish, I have explore my life and really figure out what I want to do with and in my future.

I think the kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is really just anyone who is not prepared for college. Some of the people I've come acrossed do not work hard enough, they just expect to pass without even doing anything. This school really is good for anyone who wants to further thier education. They have small classes which makes it a lot easier to get individual attention.

Columbus State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.