Memphis, TN
Victory University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Victory University

Patricia

Going back in time, I would try harder to master the fear of loosing my mother at an early age. This may have been part of the reason that I started a family right after high school. I would have seeked help in planning my education, and put starting my family on hold until after I obtained my education. This is the only thing that I feel was left out of my life. Otherwise my life has been wonderful.

I like Crichton College because it is a very friendly environment and a bible base community. The first day of my enrollment I was treated like they have known me for years. They advised me of all the information that I needed to bring in, and I was in class the next week. Their name have been changed to Victory University and they are a bible base college. I am a Christian and can appreciate the biblical teaching. Even though I am a freshman, would I recogmend you to this college? Yes.

I wish I had know that the administrative staff would be so helpful. The demand to learn is great, but this is why I am attending. The professors are very helpful, and you have a chose of online or campus courses. I am previous military and they give perks for that. The student center is very helpful in checking your assignment before you have to turn them in to your professor. Here at Victory, you have the victory!

Patrice

I would say to myself that nothing is to hard for me to do. You have to be dedicated to want to achieve something great in life. Do not let anybody stop you from accomplishing what you want to accomplish. College is challenging at times but it is very rewarding. College helps you learn to set goals for your life. Never give up on going to school. Work hard and you can acheive anything.

It was not anything that I was not informed about before I attended. I attended workhops and open houses to receive information about the school before I had plans on attending. Everything I was informed met my expectations.

I did not have any memories that were bad at Crichton College. My experience at the college were very memorable. The only time that may be the worst time was the time that we will get out of class. Sometimes we get out of class about 9 or 930 pm. Other than the time everything else was very good. The teachers were excellent and knowledgeable.

Kimberly

I wished i would have knowen about this school earlier like right out of high school.

I don't think a christian school would turn away anyone. I'm pretty sure learning about Christ and seeing God's people will have an positive effect on anyone that attends this school.

Cora

The staff is professional and the atmosphere is comforting.

The staff is professional and the atmosphere is comforting.

I am working professionally as a technical editor with an environmental consulting firm. Previous editors have had collegiate degrees and have been paid more. I volunteered for the position when the last editor left the job, but I have not been paid a comparable salary because I do not have a college degree. I love the work, and I am very good at it. I have learned much from previous editors, and I am the main editor with four others learning from me! I am determined to earn a degree and hopefully command the salary equal to my experience and knowledge I have gained from attending Victory University.

Victory University, formerly Crichton College, is centrally located in Memphis, TN. It is a Christian school established in the 1940s. Classes are small and the professors are awesome! Although I am often the oldest student in my classes, I'm treated the same as 17-18 year olds. It has been a most fulfilling experience.

Debra

My classmates are diverse, all ages, races, sexes and different economic backgrounds.

I would have to tell myself exactly the same things I had to tell myself when I decided to return to college at the age of 50 years old. College is meant to be a new experience in life, meeting new people, from all walks of life. There is a certain amount of independence, but that also comes with responsibility. No one is going to call your parents when you skip class or don't turn in your assignments. You will feel like an adult with lots of freedom, but ultimately, you will have to make the choice about what kind of college experience you will have. You will have to put in more time for your studies, because there is going to be more work. If you make an "A" in your class, trust me, you will have earned it. Time goes by really fast and each semester will go by quickly. Each semester completed is another semester behind your and another semester beginning, is a step closer to your goal in graduating. Take advantage of each and every opportunity, to learn and to grow in your education.

The only person who should not attend this school or any other school is the person who is not willing to learn.

Erin

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to really get ready to be completely changed into a better person. I also would tell myself to keep on practicing music and to not get irritated, because harder things are to come.

Since my school is in the process of moving to a new building, it's been really hectic and all of the professors are scatter-brained. It's been hard for the professors to be focused, so that's kind of irritating.

A person who is not dedicated to being impacted by Christ and being pushed in both being a better Christian and a better musician.

Eric

I would tell myself to do my homework first by studing financial aid and how it works.

I wish I have known about the abundant amount of scholarships available for freshman students.

I really haven't found anything frustrating yet.

One of the first things I would tell them to consider is look at colleges where activities surrounding it interest you- professional sports, performing arts, parks and recreation... Anything that you would enjoy because you're not going to be on campus all day, every day. Also, make sure the campus itself appeals to you- does it look clean? Is it well-landscaped? Does it look like an institution that you would be proud to claim? I would also advise students to scrutinize the school and what it's all about. Consider the athletic programs it offers- because most college students love a good basketball game or a Saturday afternoon football game. Consider how wide their variety of degree programs is, because the typical college student changes their mind at least once in four years about what they want to do the rest of their life. And last, but very important, is it a school that you and your family can afford. While it may offer a great education, would you really want to be paying off student loans until you're 40? If you carefully answer each question, you're bound to find a school perfect for you.

I wish I had known that some classes aren't offered every semester as a traditional day class. I also wish I had been informed that campus housing used to be apartments, then the school bought them out- I also wish I had known the condition they were in. I also wish I had known that some classes are only offered in an accelerated, night class format.

When I tell people about Crichton College, I tell them that as a sophomore I was able to play varsity volleyball and softball, keep a part time job, and still received an all-conference award for academic achievement during the softball season.

Robert

Lazy and only passing because they play sports or the professor feels sorry for them.

As a poor, adjunct college professor who experienced a meteoric rise through the academic ranks, I commonly advise parents and students to make sure they're not treating college like some sort of rite of passage into adulthood. If the parents haven't prepared their student for adulthood, there is nothing the college can do for them. It is unfair to expect professors to waste their time doing what they should have done. Of course, I don't say it like that, but that's the gist of my advice. College isn't for everyone. The best college experience for some will be that of not enrolling. That way professors won't be burdened with deadweight and can teach those who actually want to learn--making a better college experience for everyone. Alternatively, making the student pay for his own education also makes for a better experience in the long run. While the sleepless nights, hectic commuting between classes, bad days at work, and less than perfect grades are a drag now, the student will appreciate the good classes (and spurn the bad ones) all the more. If the student wants to learn, the specific college won't matter.

The lazy students who were not smart but still passed classes anyway. The school is theologically liberal and the atmosphere was like that of any other state-school.

ANDREA

Make sure they have a good program for the degree you are interested on (if you do actually care about school) Make sure you will get the financial aid that they are offering you (if you actually care about your own/parents money) But if the only thing you care for is having fun, and just pretend you are actually doing something productive in your life,then just pick any one (specialle one that is small, for easy parking, walking, and knowning about everyone else business!)

Victory University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.