Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Abigail

Devoted to learning and growing as a person and as a community, they are servant leaders with hearts for the world.

If I could go back to myself in high school I'd tell myself not to stress. What your high school teachers are saying about college professors are not true, they do not throw you to the wolves right away and they do not come off heartless. Overall they do care about how you are doing in their class as long as you are putting forth an effort and showing them that you want to be there. I'd also tell my young self that making the choice of where you want to go is not that difficult, just take a deep breathe and be honest about what you want out of college, God will give you the answer. Overall, I'd stress that it is important to have fun and not let the confusion and overwhelming atmosphere get to you, because everything works out great!

At DBU they put the student and their academic and spiritual welfare first. They care whether you are comfortable and want you to feel at home on the campus. They become your family at DBU, because that is what your family does, puts your welfare and how you feel first.

Mary

My college is extremely challenging academically, has competitive athletic teams, and consists of a tight-knit and supportive community of students and faculty.

There are numerous aspects of college life I would have advised myself to consider when I was still in high school. First of all, in order to have a more accurate representation of a college or university, I would recommend spending quality time on campus, such as staying over in one of the dorms, eating in the cafeteria, sitting in on a class, walking around campus, and talking to students and to faculty. My experiences have shown the necessity of truly acquainting myself with a situation before I commit to it. Furthermore, I would advice high school seniors to intentionally search for a loyal group of friends on campus as soon as possible because having close friends whom I could rely on away from home was a key aspect in enabling me to adjust. I would also counsel practicing and learning not only effective study habits , but also quality lifestyle habits while still in high school. Freshman college students educated in how to care for themselves in terms of health, nutrition, sleep, studies, and friendships could make the transition much easier. Therefore, I would clearly advise taking several steps before high school graduation to best prepare for college life.

I wish I had known better how to minimize my time spent on reading and comprehending textbooks and lecture notes in order to maximize the productivity of my time.

Bethany

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would tell myself to expect the transition to be incredibly hard. Not ONLY academically, but socially as well. I came from the most incredible group of friends and we all are at different universities this year. I came in being hopeful that I would automatically find people like me, people who I can relate to, people with whom I feel comfortable. However, that's just not how it goes. The transition from the normality of what your life was in high school to what it is in college is huge. I would tell myself not to get discouraged if/when I feel lonely at times. I would tell myself to just give my very best effort to be myself and to invest in people. I would tell myself to not worry, because it truly does get easier in the long run. Finally, I would tell myself to search high and low for any scholarship opportunity available!

The type of person who should not attend this university is someone who wants the typical college experience- football games, huge population, etc. We have about 5,000 students attending Dallas Baptist University, and we don't have a football team. Sad? I know. Also, if you're wanting a large campus or to live in a college town, Dallas really isn't the place to be.

Lindsay

My school is encouraging, strongly founded in Christ and constantly growing and striving to be Christ like.

If i could write a letter to me, i would tell myself that life is worth far to much to worry about small things. I would push myself to give more then I take and learn the value of a dollar sooner. I would tell myself that the value of another persons life is worth more than the 5 dollars I might want to spend to eat at Chick-fil-a and that if I could just save that money I might be able to change a life for the better. I would tell myself to keep trying to understand God, no matter how impossible it may seem, because the more that I strive to seek God the closer I draw to him. I would also tell myself to visit Aunt Joanie, whenever I go up to Colorado, because time spend with her will be precious and incredibly valuable. I would tell myself to not worry about the finances of college because they will work themself out and God provides in so many ways. FInally I would tell myself that as scary as it may seem, college will be the greatest adventure and to enjoy the ride .

The person that should attend this school is one that loves learning and social activities at the same time.

Melanie

My classmates at Dallas Baptist University are energetic, friendly, and willing to learn and make a difference in the world.

Looking back on my senior year in high school there are many things I wish I could tell myself to further prepare myself for college life. I wish I would have taken more dual credit courses in high school that could also counttowards college because that way I would be ahead and wouldn't have to be in college as long and pay as much money. I also wish teachers didn't guide me so much in high school and hold my hand through everything because in college it's nothing like that , it's all up to the student to remember the due dates. Having a job your senior year in high school will help with the transition because you wouldn't be home as often with your parents so knowing you can handle the distance will help the actual college experience easier when you do actually have to leave. I guess everyone has a different high school experience and goals in mind so it's really hard to prepare for the change, just going into it open minded and focused would be the best advice I can give.

People that are not open minded and willing to become a servant leader should not attend Dallas Baptist University. Also if the student were to be against the Bible or Christian views they could attend this college but they may find it hard because we take religious courses. I believe that anyone who is not willing to learn or devote their time to school and their studies would not be a proper fit for DBU>

Students are focused, determined and willing to help others when needed.

Students are focused, determined and willing to help others when needed.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school and give myself advice I would tell myself not to be nervous about school and making friends. My college life is exactly what I always imagined it would be but as a senior in high school I didnt think that was a good thing. At that time, I didn't think that I would fit into "college life" so I was very anxious about making friends. A cliche as it sounds I would tell myself to "live the life you've always wanted" Its hard to explaiin exactly why that would apply to me during my senior year of high school but coming into college I was shy and scared but looking back now, there was no reason forme to be that way and I attribute most of the that to the welcoming atmosphere of my school.

Luke

My school is my home and it is where I learned everything I know about education, morals, and family.

First of all, it is never too early to start preparing for college. By "preparing for college," I am referring to getting your financial assets ready and apply for as many scholarships as you can, because you can never get "too much" money for college. Visit colleges and find the school that is right for you. While in high school, never think to yourself that something you learn will not affect your college career. Everything you learn in high school (and all grades) will help you later on in your educational career. Never procrastinate on school assignments, and do not give anything less than your best effort. If you do not value your high school education, then there is no guarantee that you will treat college any different. Be confident in all your choices, and if you have any doubts about a decision, do not do it. It is better to be safe (especially in your education) than to be sorry. Finally, remember the things you care about in high school, and carry them wit h you to college, be the person you are called to be.

Being home-schooled is great because your parents, who love you the most, are your teachers, and you learn at your own pace without pressure.

Caitlin

Study a little more and save your money better. Go ahead and excercise a lot now because there is not enough time in school. Read all you want, have fun and don't worry so much about getting into college, build relationships.

There is not enough recyling and not much going on on the weekends.

Isabel

College is more difficult and takes more time in study and preparation. Think about time management and be diligent in your studies. I would also recommend taking all the general studies in the first few years of college so that as a senior you aren't taking freshmen classes.

Laurie

Looking back as a senior, one thing I definitely wish I would have known was how to manage my time. Being at Marquete University there are so many activities to get involved in, but our courseloads are quite strenuous. It took me all of freshman year to learn that I can't do everything and have time to sleep. But of course I would tell myself that I do need to be invovled in something; being a member of an organization on campus helps you meet so many people that are passionate about the same things as you! I have now learned out to manage working 3 jobs, leading 1 organization, volunteering for 2 organizations and taking 6 classes. It's a tough life and could be calmed down by not having to work so much to help pay for this school, but I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. So I'd rather work hard and continue going here than leave Marquette for a cheaper university.

How expensive the school is compared to how much we get out of it. Also it's frustrating that so many people that go here are from very wealthy families and don't have to worry about money ever.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.