Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Luke

My school is my home and it is where I learned everything I know about education, morals, and family.

First of all, it is never too early to start preparing for college. By "preparing for college," I am referring to getting your financial assets ready and apply for as many scholarships as you can, because you can never get "too much" money for college. Visit colleges and find the school that is right for you. While in high school, never think to yourself that something you learn will not affect your college career. Everything you learn in high school (and all grades) will help you later on in your educational career. Never procrastinate on school assignments, and do not give anything less than your best effort. If you do not value your high school education, then there is no guarantee that you will treat college any different. Be confident in all your choices, and if you have any doubts about a decision, do not do it. It is better to be safe (especially in your education) than to be sorry. Finally, remember the things you care about in high school, and carry them wit h you to college, be the person you are called to be.

Being home-schooled is great because your parents, who love you the most, are your teachers, and you learn at your own pace without pressure.

Caitlin

Study a little more and save your money better. Go ahead and excercise a lot now because there is not enough time in school. Read all you want, have fun and don't worry so much about getting into college, build relationships.

There is not enough recyling and not much going on on the weekends.

Isabel

College is more difficult and takes more time in study and preparation. Think about time management and be diligent in your studies. I would also recommend taking all the general studies in the first few years of college so that as a senior you aren't taking freshmen classes.

Laurie

Looking back as a senior, one thing I definitely wish I would have known was how to manage my time. Being at Marquete University there are so many activities to get involved in, but our courseloads are quite strenuous. It took me all of freshman year to learn that I can't do everything and have time to sleep. But of course I would tell myself that I do need to be invovled in something; being a member of an organization on campus helps you meet so many people that are passionate about the same things as you! I have now learned out to manage working 3 jobs, leading 1 organization, volunteering for 2 organizations and taking 6 classes. It's a tough life and could be calmed down by not having to work so much to help pay for this school, but I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. So I'd rather work hard and continue going here than leave Marquette for a cheaper university.

How expensive the school is compared to how much we get out of it. Also it's frustrating that so many people that go here are from very wealthy families and don't have to worry about money ever.

Sheena

RELAX. Relax, relax. Yes, your studies are extremely important; however, so is your social life. Make friends and have fun! This is college. Make wise decsions regarding who you spend your precious time wish because indeed, your time is just that--precious. There are only 24 hours in a day and they never seem to be enough. Reading every little assignment due by your prof is not extremely necessary. Learn to skim read. Enjoy life, it FLIES by.

Very limited minds regarding sexual orientation and political opinions.

Sena

Knowing what I know now about college and life I would one, start the college application process during my junior year in high school. Looking back now I would have opted out of getting a job and focused my attention on studying. Another thing that I would have done differently is to start applying for grants and scholarships during my senior year in high school. I regret not applying for one particular scholarship that I qualified for. I should have done so anyway just in case I needed a plan ?B?. The last thing that I will do differently is to work harder to improve my grade point average. My freshman year in high school was hard. In that it was my first year in a different state and environment. I made good grades however during my sophomore year I stated associating with the wrong crowd which ultimately affected my school attendance and grades. My priorities were jaded during high school. Looking back now although I did not excel as much as I could have academically I received lifelong lessons and skills from my first job that I could not otherwise have attained.

Anyone with a desire to get a biblically based college education with a strong biblical foundation.

The quality of professors, the availability of counselors ready to answer my questions. Most importantly the biblically sound based instructions method of the school.

Heather

My classmates are fun, interesting, and great people to get to know.

My classmates are fun, interesting, and great people to get to know.

Go to class every day. Do not skip unless there is an emergency or you are sick. Work on homework as soon as you get out of the class if at all possible, if you do that, you are able to socialize more in the evenings instead of working on homework every night. Get plugged into a church quickley and get involved. Get involved in something on campus, hang out with different students and make friends, don't be shy. :) Become great friends with your roommate first chance you get, remember, you have to live with the person for the next year. Turn in your homework on time. Take notes in every class. Be accountable to someone so that you can become disciplined in your work.

The thing I brag about most is how beautiful our campus is and how friendly the faculty and staff are, as well as other students. DBU has a wide variety of majors and offers many different things to students. They also offer many curricular activities every week. They also have many different ministries you can get involved in.

Isabel

There are many things I would have told myself if I had the chance to go back in time. I would first tell myself that college is nothing like high school. There aren't parents or authority figures making decisions for you any longer, teachers aren't holding your hand, walking you through every assignment and you are recognized as an adult upon entering college life. I would also like to have known the best path to take in school and to have actually taken general studies the first year instead of taking school lightly and assuming that the teacher would give me a passing grade. The final advice I would have to give would be to go to class. Education is extremely important and costs a lot of money. Go to class, do your work and avoid having to repeat any course.

A person that is rebellious in nature should probably avoid Dallas Baptist. And since this university is a Baptist affiliated institution, a student who doens't like the idea of mandatory chapel or having professors pray before each class period probably shouldn't attend.

I find the amount of fees the school applies to the already pricey tuition and room fees extremely frustrating. There are monthly fees if there is a balance of any kind on your account. I am already struggling to come up with the price of tuition and to add monthly fees is a bit ridiculous to me.

Christina

Take the time and find the right college for you. It makes all the difference in the world. Decide for yourself what you want and go after it. Because if you do not you could end up with a degree and/or job that does not make you want to get up every morning excited to go to work. Also go at your own pace. It insures that you do your personal best. Every one is different and therefore learns at different speeds. It is okay not to graduate in 4 years. And most of all, be yourself because that is who you were meant to be.

Kadie

I would advise the parents and students to look at the teacher to student ratio and to see what campus life activities are available. When I was looking at schools I wanted to know if I was actually going to be able to speak with my professor or if I was just another out of 75 students they didn't have time for. The campus life activities were important to me also. It is where you start your social life at college and get away from the academics for awhile. I enjoy the campus activities because it gives a chance to be involved with the student life and do different activities with friends. I think with finding the college that has the right teacher to student ratio and campus activities to your prefrence will help make the most of your college experience.

Before attending my college I wish that I would have known how to best schedule my classes for each semester and I had known a basic understanding of financial aid. In the long run I wish I had asked more questions.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.