Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Bethany

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would tell myself to expect the transition to be incredibly hard. Not ONLY academically, but socially as well. I came from the most incredible group of friends and we all are at different universities this year. I came in being hopeful that I would automatically find people like me, people who I can relate to, people with whom I feel comfortable. However, that's just not how it goes. The transition from the normality of what your life was in high school to what it is in college is huge. I would tell myself not to get discouraged if/when I feel lonely at times. I would tell myself to just give my very best effort to be myself and to invest in people. I would tell myself to not worry, because it truly does get easier in the long run. Finally, I would tell myself to search high and low for any scholarship opportunity available!

The type of person who should not attend this university is someone who wants the typical college experience- football games, huge population, etc. We have about 5,000 students attending Dallas Baptist University, and we don't have a football team. Sad? I know. Also, if you're wanting a large campus or to live in a college town, Dallas really isn't the place to be.

Lindsay

My school is encouraging, strongly founded in Christ and constantly growing and striving to be Christ like.

If i could write a letter to me, i would tell myself that life is worth far to much to worry about small things. I would push myself to give more then I take and learn the value of a dollar sooner. I would tell myself that the value of another persons life is worth more than the 5 dollars I might want to spend to eat at Chick-fil-a and that if I could just save that money I might be able to change a life for the better. I would tell myself to keep trying to understand God, no matter how impossible it may seem, because the more that I strive to seek God the closer I draw to him. I would also tell myself to visit Aunt Joanie, whenever I go up to Colorado, because time spend with her will be precious and incredibly valuable. I would tell myself to not worry about the finances of college because they will work themself out and God provides in so many ways. FInally I would tell myself that as scary as it may seem, college will be the greatest adventure and to enjoy the ride .

The person that should attend this school is one that loves learning and social activities at the same time.

Melanie

My classmates at Dallas Baptist University are energetic, friendly, and willing to learn and make a difference in the world.

Looking back on my senior year in high school there are many things I wish I could tell myself to further prepare myself for college life. I wish I would have taken more dual credit courses in high school that could also counttowards college because that way I would be ahead and wouldn't have to be in college as long and pay as much money. I also wish teachers didn't guide me so much in high school and hold my hand through everything because in college it's nothing like that , it's all up to the student to remember the due dates. Having a job your senior year in high school will help with the transition because you wouldn't be home as often with your parents so knowing you can handle the distance will help the actual college experience easier when you do actually have to leave. I guess everyone has a different high school experience and goals in mind so it's really hard to prepare for the change, just going into it open minded and focused would be the best advice I can give.

People that are not open minded and willing to become a servant leader should not attend Dallas Baptist University. Also if the student were to be against the Bible or Christian views they could attend this college but they may find it hard because we take religious courses. I believe that anyone who is not willing to learn or devote their time to school and their studies would not be a proper fit for DBU>

Students are focused, determined and willing to help others when needed.

Students are focused, determined and willing to help others when needed.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school and give myself advice I would tell myself not to be nervous about school and making friends. My college life is exactly what I always imagined it would be but as a senior in high school I didnt think that was a good thing. At that time, I didn't think that I would fit into "college life" so I was very anxious about making friends. A cliche as it sounds I would tell myself to "live the life you've always wanted" Its hard to explaiin exactly why that would apply to me during my senior year of high school but coming into college I was shy and scared but looking back now, there was no reason forme to be that way and I attribute most of the that to the welcoming atmosphere of my school.

Luke

My school is my home and it is where I learned everything I know about education, morals, and family.

First of all, it is never too early to start preparing for college. By "preparing for college," I am referring to getting your financial assets ready and apply for as many scholarships as you can, because you can never get "too much" money for college. Visit colleges and find the school that is right for you. While in high school, never think to yourself that something you learn will not affect your college career. Everything you learn in high school (and all grades) will help you later on in your educational career. Never procrastinate on school assignments, and do not give anything less than your best effort. If you do not value your high school education, then there is no guarantee that you will treat college any different. Be confident in all your choices, and if you have any doubts about a decision, do not do it. It is better to be safe (especially in your education) than to be sorry. Finally, remember the things you care about in high school, and carry them wit h you to college, be the person you are called to be.

Being home-schooled is great because your parents, who love you the most, are your teachers, and you learn at your own pace without pressure.

Caitlin

Study a little more and save your money better. Go ahead and excercise a lot now because there is not enough time in school. Read all you want, have fun and don't worry so much about getting into college, build relationships.

There is not enough recyling and not much going on on the weekends.

Isabel

College is more difficult and takes more time in study and preparation. Think about time management and be diligent in your studies. I would also recommend taking all the general studies in the first few years of college so that as a senior you aren't taking freshmen classes.

Laurie

Looking back as a senior, one thing I definitely wish I would have known was how to manage my time. Being at Marquete University there are so many activities to get involved in, but our courseloads are quite strenuous. It took me all of freshman year to learn that I can't do everything and have time to sleep. But of course I would tell myself that I do need to be invovled in something; being a member of an organization on campus helps you meet so many people that are passionate about the same things as you! I have now learned out to manage working 3 jobs, leading 1 organization, volunteering for 2 organizations and taking 6 classes. It's a tough life and could be calmed down by not having to work so much to help pay for this school, but I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. So I'd rather work hard and continue going here than leave Marquette for a cheaper university.

How expensive the school is compared to how much we get out of it. Also it's frustrating that so many people that go here are from very wealthy families and don't have to worry about money ever.

Sheena

RELAX. Relax, relax. Yes, your studies are extremely important; however, so is your social life. Make friends and have fun! This is college. Make wise decsions regarding who you spend your precious time wish because indeed, your time is just that--precious. There are only 24 hours in a day and they never seem to be enough. Reading every little assignment due by your prof is not extremely necessary. Learn to skim read. Enjoy life, it FLIES by.

Very limited minds regarding sexual orientation and political opinions.

Sena

Knowing what I know now about college and life I would one, start the college application process during my junior year in high school. Looking back now I would have opted out of getting a job and focused my attention on studying. Another thing that I would have done differently is to start applying for grants and scholarships during my senior year in high school. I regret not applying for one particular scholarship that I qualified for. I should have done so anyway just in case I needed a plan ?B?. The last thing that I will do differently is to work harder to improve my grade point average. My freshman year in high school was hard. In that it was my first year in a different state and environment. I made good grades however during my sophomore year I stated associating with the wrong crowd which ultimately affected my school attendance and grades. My priorities were jaded during high school. Looking back now although I did not excel as much as I could have academically I received lifelong lessons and skills from my first job that I could not otherwise have attained.

Anyone with a desire to get a biblically based college education with a strong biblical foundation.

The quality of professors, the availability of counselors ready to answer my questions. Most importantly the biblically sound based instructions method of the school.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.