Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

DBU is a place where thousands of willing, truth-seeking, compassionate world-changers are being trained up to be realeased into the world of opportunity.

Do not be afraid. Do not fear anything. Because this is only the beginning of a beautiful, empowering, strengthening journey that you will remember and use to guide you for the rest of your life. Do not worry about being inadequate. You work hard and do your best, just as you always have, and you will exceed the expectations you set for yourself. College is a challenge, but you already have everything it takes within you to succeed fully. Simply continue the hard work you've committed to in highschool, and you can achieve all you desire. You are stronger and smarter than you think. And about making new friends? That is the easiest part. BE YOURSELF. And people will love you. Even if you think the real you isn't cool, funny or pretty enough, people are drawn to others who simply want to remain true to themseleves. It is only in that place that you will find who you truly are on this journey- which is the most important part. So go on a search to find yourself. In education, philosophy, arts, etc. all the things you will encounter on this journey. Let it lead you to you.

The most incredible aspect of DBU in my experience is the strong community of believers that I have the pleasure to share life with.

Greer

My classmates at Dallas Baptist University are friendly, kind, and take a general interst in others.

Dear Self, Going to college is going to be a good experience for you, it makes you grow up and become an adult. Remember your mommy isn't around so when you need something plan ahead and well, you are going to have to get it. Making new friends can be a little scary but be yourself and don't try and fit into anyone's molds. You want true friends, who will stay by you for a lifetime. Although all nighters may sound like a good idea, do a favor to yourself and sleep. Study hard, you are paying for your education. Take every opportunity to travel and see the world, go to every sporting event and support, and study hard. You only experience college once so make the most of it but you are there to learn so keep that in mind as your social calendar fills up. Sincerely, Yourself

Dallas Baptist University is not near anything. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get anywhere, even the grocery store. Also the weekend life is very slow and dull, a major suitcase school.

jeffrey

Christian Leadership in the classroom to prepare you for the real world. This university has brought me from a homeless drug addict to a Christian Leader serving across the globe, not to mention a 3.8 GPA.

I would give myself the advice TO CHANGE MY WAYS. I was a homeless drug addict that only finished high school through a self-paced school that dealt with my high school. I would advise teens NOT TO GET WRAPPED UP IN THE PARTIES, and the things that seem fun at the time. Hanging out drinking at a friends will not aid you in the future. It was not until I got to college that I relized the "nerds" were the ones that were going to have a REAL career. Nine times out of ten the most popular kid in school is working at a place like Burger King in the next ten years. What you do in college will insure the type of social class you will be in as an adult. After high school, the games are over. It is time to stand up for what you believe, and strive for success. There is no one to do your homework nor take your tests, college is for adults--and focus is a must. Best of luck, and keep your eyes to the sky because that is where it all happens! God Bless-

A person that is not in search of God. A person that is dishonest and that has low morals. This school is to prepare Christians for the real world.

When you first come to college you realize how much free time you have. Make sure you find a good balance between friends and school work. It is hard to focus on school work so much, but is very necessary if you want to reach your goals. Do not ever forget your family back at home. They are your foundation and you will need them in your times of need. They are your greatest fans and will always be there for you. Make sure and spend plenty of time with your friends you make. Some of these friends will be friends you keep for the rest of your life and mean and great deal to you. Enjoy this time. It is one of the best times you will have. Take in everything you do and are able to experience. Have fun!

The quality of professors and the discussions in class. It is so nice to be able to talk about things that you are thinking and to have feedback from your professors and peers. The professors are all very understanding and willing to help you when you need it, and give you advice. The group of friends I have made while here has been amazing, and they will be friends I keep forever.

The most frustrating thing about school is financial aid. It's necessary to do every year, but I do not enjoy filling out all of the paper work every semester.

Benjamin

Knowing what I know today about college life and having made the transition, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to study more and develop better study habits. I would also advise myself to be more disciplined with my time. I would emphasize the importance too of preparing and planning a schedule for my studies. I would advise myself to apply myself more overall. I would give more attention to learning how to write good essays. I would advise myself to eliminate distractions. Being more courageous and confident in attempting assignments are also things I would advise myself. To sum it up, if I could go back in time, I would train myself to: use my time more wisely, be more courageous, have more confidence, try harder, develop better study habits, and be more disciplined. I would also advise myself to have a greater appreciation for the blessing and opportunity to get an education. Beyond this, if I could go back, I would even advise myself to have a vision or plan for my career and how I might like to reach this goal through my education.

People ofdifferent religious faiths other than Christian.

Araceli

High school is a big inportance in life, it will get you further in life. paying atention in class to get higher scores would have been a plus. While working in agricaultuaral work and clerical i should have saved up money so i wouldnt have have money issues for college, even if i had major dues.

erek

Boy, i have two pieces of advise for you. The first if that is doesn't matter what you do as long as you have fun doing it and you are better then everyone else at it. The second is if you save the partying for the weekend you will have four years for college parties.

Sheila

My classmates are all very friendly. Our school promotes acceptance and love for one another, which is something that I admire more than anything because it's easy to get wrapped up in prejudices and judgements about someone, but accepting an individual completely for who they are takes an amount of heart that many people do not possess. My classmates are also very kind and helpful in classes, many people will offer to help you in classes you may be struggling in.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would honestly tell myself that college requires a lot of hard work and discipline. I know this sounds cliche but I have a reason for this; I struggled my first year of college because I had gained so many new freedoms that I neglected my studies and ultimately had a very poor first year, academically speaking, in college. I know this is typical college freshmen behavior, but I have always prided myself in having a good work ethic which I had tossed out the window the second I found myself able to do virtually anything I liked. I also underestimated the amount of study-time needed in order to do well in classes. I tried to rely solely on my memorization abilities that had been fine in High School but completely failed me that first year of college. I would also explain that once you start that downward spiral down academically, it is hard to climb back up; it has taken me two years to alleviate the damage to my GPA that first year has done. College is not to be taken lightly.

The best thing about my school is the emphasis on a Christ-centered education. The faculty and staff not only try to help us grow academically but they also try to help us grow spiritually by integrating faith-based learning into our academic curriculums. Attending Dallas Baptist University has helped me grow so much spiritually and strengthen my resolve to do all things to glorify Christ, including bettering my grades in order to academically advance myself in life.

Jodie

Stay active, be energetic, and learn to enjoy new things would be the first words of advice I would tell myself if i could go back to high school. The transition can seem scary because I am from a small town, but be open and meet new people is the best way to make it better. Be willing to join campus activities it helps make the home sickness stay away. I would also remind myself to keep in contact with the friends I had in high school, because seeing thier success helps to remind you that as bad as high school may have seemed,success makes you proud of where you came from. Put some time into learning how to read quickly (without compromising comprehension) and write effectively. You are going to have a series of horrendous English teachers that will make you read books like Ethan Frome. You are going to doubt that there's really anything of any practical use. Dig deep into what they are saying or learn on your own.

A student who is ready to learn and is willing to put in effert to recieve a grade!

Janay

My school is alive; everywhere you look life jumps at you through clubs, organizations, and the people.

Going back to give my senior self advoce for college, I think the best peice of advice I could give would be to not freak out. I know that as i entered college I was scared about everything. I though college was this big scary thing where i would be all on my own. I would tell myself that college is just another step in the staircase of life. There are people everywhere willing to help you out in your transition from high school to college. There is absolutley nothing to be scared about. It is a much easier transition when you just let it happen and accept the help that others give out.

What i brag about most is the recreation center at my school. Just last year a huge recreation center was opened at my school. This place has everything. It promoted a healthy way of living. I was at that rec center for an hour and a half every single day. That recreation center was my favorite part at school.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.