Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dallas Baptist University

Benjamin

Knowing what I know today about college life and having made the transition, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to study more and develop better study habits. I would also advise myself to be more disciplined with my time. I would emphasize the importance too of preparing and planning a schedule for my studies. I would advise myself to apply myself more overall. I would give more attention to learning how to write good essays. I would advise myself to eliminate distractions. Being more courageous and confident in attempting assignments are also things I would advise myself. To sum it up, if I could go back in time, I would train myself to: use my time more wisely, be more courageous, have more confidence, try harder, develop better study habits, and be more disciplined. I would also advise myself to have a greater appreciation for the blessing and opportunity to get an education. Beyond this, if I could go back, I would even advise myself to have a vision or plan for my career and how I might like to reach this goal through my education.

People ofdifferent religious faiths other than Christian.

Araceli

High school is a big inportance in life, it will get you further in life. paying atention in class to get higher scores would have been a plus. While working in agricaultuaral work and clerical i should have saved up money so i wouldnt have have money issues for college, even if i had major dues.

erek

Boy, i have two pieces of advise for you. The first if that is doesn't matter what you do as long as you have fun doing it and you are better then everyone else at it. The second is if you save the partying for the weekend you will have four years for college parties.

Sheila

My classmates are all very friendly. Our school promotes acceptance and love for one another, which is something that I admire more than anything because it's easy to get wrapped up in prejudices and judgements about someone, but accepting an individual completely for who they are takes an amount of heart that many people do not possess. My classmates are also very kind and helpful in classes, many people will offer to help you in classes you may be struggling in.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would honestly tell myself that college requires a lot of hard work and discipline. I know this sounds cliche but I have a reason for this; I struggled my first year of college because I had gained so many new freedoms that I neglected my studies and ultimately had a very poor first year, academically speaking, in college. I know this is typical college freshmen behavior, but I have always prided myself in having a good work ethic which I had tossed out the window the second I found myself able to do virtually anything I liked. I also underestimated the amount of study-time needed in order to do well in classes. I tried to rely solely on my memorization abilities that had been fine in High School but completely failed me that first year of college. I would also explain that once you start that downward spiral down academically, it is hard to climb back up; it has taken me two years to alleviate the damage to my GPA that first year has done. College is not to be taken lightly.

The best thing about my school is the emphasis on a Christ-centered education. The faculty and staff not only try to help us grow academically but they also try to help us grow spiritually by integrating faith-based learning into our academic curriculums. Attending Dallas Baptist University has helped me grow so much spiritually and strengthen my resolve to do all things to glorify Christ, including bettering my grades in order to academically advance myself in life.

Jodie

Stay active, be energetic, and learn to enjoy new things would be the first words of advice I would tell myself if i could go back to high school. The transition can seem scary because I am from a small town, but be open and meet new people is the best way to make it better. Be willing to join campus activities it helps make the home sickness stay away. I would also remind myself to keep in contact with the friends I had in high school, because seeing thier success helps to remind you that as bad as high school may have seemed,success makes you proud of where you came from. Put some time into learning how to read quickly (without compromising comprehension) and write effectively. You are going to have a series of horrendous English teachers that will make you read books like Ethan Frome. You are going to doubt that there's really anything of any practical use. Dig deep into what they are saying or learn on your own.

A student who is ready to learn and is willing to put in effert to recieve a grade!

Janay

My school is alive; everywhere you look life jumps at you through clubs, organizations, and the people.

Going back to give my senior self advoce for college, I think the best peice of advice I could give would be to not freak out. I know that as i entered college I was scared about everything. I though college was this big scary thing where i would be all on my own. I would tell myself that college is just another step in the staircase of life. There are people everywhere willing to help you out in your transition from high school to college. There is absolutley nothing to be scared about. It is a much easier transition when you just let it happen and accept the help that others give out.

What i brag about most is the recreation center at my school. Just last year a huge recreation center was opened at my school. This place has everything. It promoted a healthy way of living. I was at that rec center for an hour and a half every single day. That recreation center was my favorite part at school.

emelia

DBU has been a wonderful experience all encompassed in the beauty of the campus, the uplifting and relaxing atmosphere, the small classes with caring professors, the great location, the great quality of education, plus the fact that almost everyone is nice and eager to make new friends makes me look forward to each and every day.

I f I could back in time to my senior year, I would tell myself that everything is going to work out just fine. Instead of worrying about being homesick when I left for college, I would encourage myself to use my energy to enjoy the time I have left, and to focus on the excitement of the unknown, rather than the "what if's." You can "what if " yourself into indecision and miss out on something wonderful. Instead of being afraid that I might not find a group of friends that I would really enjoy, I would urge my younger self to focus on the friendships at hand. The thing is, it will all work out just fine. It is a natural transition, and everyone you meet at your school of choice will be going through the same thing. They are all looking for new friends. And guess what? College is designed exactly for you and everyone else in your age group. What seems like a big scary unknown mountain to climb, is actually just an easy little downhill bunny slope. You will be just fine!

DBU has many wonderful attributes, but if I had to choose the one that is most important to me , it would be that the campus is filled with really nice people and I know that I will leave here with many lifelong friendships thanks to my time on this campus.

Hilda

It offers an excellent Christ-centered education.

It offers an excellent Christ-centered education.

My college experience has stretched me immensely. I am starting to become more of the person I was created to be. I am better understanding who I am and what I want for my life. College has put me in an uncomfortable position that has forced me to figure things out without having my parents. It's given me confidence in the fact that my parents have raised me to be a bold, confident, and beautiful young woman. My college experience has also given me a hunger to help and love others better and more. If it weren't for college, I would not have been able to be stretched. College has shown me who I want to be and with the independence that comes with college given me a chance to achieve that.

Students who are looking for a party school shouldn't attend DBU. DBU is also very pricey and at times it seems that the administration only care about the money. Students that don't have the financial resources may struggle paying for school.

Jacqueline

The atmosphere of dedication and servitude is a know fact among all students attending Dallas Baptist University. The outstanding instructors instill a since of integrity, ethics, leadership and teamwork that students carry throughout campus life and into their workplace after graduation. These characteristics are indoctrinated by using communication and recognition. This encourages individual excellence and continuous improvement in all facets of life.

My college experience has given me the values, principles and knowlede for living my everday life. After attending college, my work search began. The confidence in my ability to apply the academic knowledge I gained during my college experience allowed me to excel in my career. The benefit of my college experience encouraged the continuation of my education. This continuation as well as this scholarship will allow me to gain the knowledge needed to help others in my field of work. Attending Dallas Baptist University instilled a measure of commitment in me that extends to others as I have the ability to assist others on a daily basis.

The worst thing about Dallas Baptist University is the high cost of tuition. The cost of tuition for private institutes is often more expensive than public universities. Dallas Baptist University is not an exception to this rule. As the cost of living rises and the economic turndown has an effect on students, the cost of tuition and books has risen to an unexpected high. Often the financial aid and student loan sources are not enough to cover all expenses associated with attending college. Financially unfortunate students are forced to find part time jobs and spend hours a day writing scholarships.

Karen

I believe that the other schools I considered were more Liberal whereas Dallas Baptist is firmly Christian based, and that is what I sought in a college.

My college experience has not yet begun. I move Dallas Baptist University in less than a month, and I'm super excited. I truly believe that I chose the best college for me and that I will thoroughly enjoy my college experience.

Dallas Baptist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.