Atlanta, GA
Georgia State University-Perimeter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia State University-Perimeter College

Harry

My college experience has been a good one so far. At the community college where I currently am enrolled, the atmosphere is very friendly and close to home. Just being at college has given me experience to apply toward the rest of my life. First, I have learned how to be a smart leader. I have been consistently the best student in my classes and have had to learn how to think through problems as a leader. Second, I have been given the experience of helping others. In the case of college, this help is usually with homework or a class project. Still, the experience of helping others has, in a way, helped me in my life. Third, I have been challenged enough to work hard at my studies. The classes are challenging and often require some work. This experience has helped me prepare for real life situations, in which hard work is required to accomplish a goal. College has been a good experience so far. The experience I have earned here will help me in later life to be the best that I can be and to help my society as a productive member.

Chantel

Though it's a two year school it has a four year environment with how the teacher's treat the students as well as teach.

I have learned alot during my years in college. Not only academically but also socially. In my freshman year I had a fallout between very good friends which put me into a depression. My grades, of course, initially fell but eventually I was able to teach myself that friends aren't why I'm in college. And ever since I made that realization I have been getting all A's and now have a 4.0gpa at my new school. College is a necesity for today's society and no longer take the fact that I am here for granted. Like any other student, I sometimes feel like college isn't for me. But seeing my parents and the fact that they both have their Master's degrees and practically get any job they apply to keeps me going. Hopefully one day I will be in their shoes, but I can't even think about getting close to their status without succesfully getting through college.

The teachers are very nice and know you by your name. Also, the class sizes are very small so you don't feel like you will get lost or noone will notice if you don't come. There are lots of extra curriculars as well as academic help.

Haley

My classmates are, for the most part, goal driven and ready to learn, and we are all excited about bettering our education and can't wait to see where it can take us.

The first thing I would do if I could go back and talk to my senior self would be to slap myself in the face and say "Stop screwing up. You don't have much time left!" That's the best advice I think I could ever receive. But after doing that I would explain to myself that they weren't kidding when they told us to buckle down and do our school work. Because College is a completely different environment. Your "friends" won't let you copy their homework that's due in 30 minutes. You won't get an extra day to finish a project you neglected just because you asked the teacher politely. And your professors don't care that you're sick and that's why you missed yesterday's class. It's a whole new world. And you'll drown if you're not properly prepared. So throw on your life vest, grab your ores, and grow up. Because no one is going to do it for you.

The best thing about my school are the students who are there to learn, not just to party, as well as the teachers who really do enjoy teaching. I don't enjoy the students who are there just because they have nothing better to do. Nor do I enjoy the teachers who teach because they too have nothing better to do.

Shian

As a high school senior I would tell myself to read more. I would familiarize myself with college level readings and practice my critical thinking skills. As a college sophomore, it is sometimes difficult to concentrate on my readings, but reading is the foundation of every class. I would also tell myself to make a schedule and practice sticking to my deadlines. In college it is easy to put things off until the last minute. I have actually put papers off until the last hour and the pressure to complete the assignment is immense. Being organized and focused would help me to be a better student. I would also tell myself to have fun. Sometimes in college you become consumed with being the best and loose sight of who you are. Unlike in high school, grades in college are not as important as the experience. Being obsessed over grades doesn?t make you happy, growing and experiencing new things during college is the most important thing, and I wish as I transitioned my mindset about academic success would have changed as well.

GPC is a great start for anyone beginning their education, but someone who does not like a small campus should not attend GPC. The GPC campuses are small, and easily become crowded with a lot of students. With over crowding comes limited resources such as parking, computers, and a quiet study place. The students who want a college that gives the total college experience should not attend GPC.

I brag about the variety of classes. Georgia Perimeter has a plethora of class times and subjects to meet the needs of every student. It allows students flexibility during college and leaves time for other activities such as a job or their family. GPC is not a typical college, but it has some great qualities. The campus that I am at is very diverse, students come from all parts of the world to obtain a GPC education. GPC also has a wonderful honors program. I have grown intellectually from being apart of a community of great professors and students.

Lashonda

In my opinion, I think my school is best known for preparing the students that attend for the careers they desire. Getting the best education possible to advance in this world in the profession that we choose. I would recommend the school I attend if you wanted to persue your education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high shool senior I would tell myself to know what I wanted to do before I started or at least have a strong idea of what I wanted to do. College is expensive, so knowing what you want to do wll eliminate just taking classes for the fun of it and wasting money. It will also help you in finding the right school that is affordable and right for you. It is okay to get the basic classes out the way but you gotta stay focused because you can get caught up in taking classes that you don't need and thats a waste of time, efforts and energy. My advice would be to think smarter, not harder. With understanding, there is no misunderstanding, if you know what you want you will be more determined and you will succeed.

I think the fact that the school I attend has smaller classes and is student-teacher oriented are some of the best qualities in my opinion. I feel that the fact that you can ask more questions in class and recieve more help if needed is to your advantage. The teachers I have had really cared about there students and that means something to a student like myself trying to recieve an education.

ALANDRO

There's an old song my mother use to play from my grandmothers era, and that song is entitled "If I Can Turn Back The Hands of Time," and as I reflect on that song, it allows me to see myself advising Alandro (me) to study more. Alandro, the best thing for you to do right now is to focus on the next level in life that you are venturing into because where you are right now is the precursor to where you're going. Alandro, take the time to discuss where you are in class with your teachers and your counselor, afterwards, make a decision not to continue to miss assignments on purpose thinking I could make up the assignments. Take every advantage of this education that you are getting for free, so that you can receive scholarships and grants instead of student loans. Finally Alandro, take notes and study them for conceptual understanding, instead of knowing the material just to past the test. Allow yourself the opportunity to see that this is for your good in preperation for the third level of education that very few get. These are things that I would whisper to myself.

The worst thing I can say about my school right now is that they are not organized in the Financial Aid Office. I honestly believe that it is very well possible that they are understaffed. The staff limit themselves in offering the alternatives and choices in Financial Aid resources. I''ve also found professors to lack interest in some of us as students seeking education for advancement and deem their educating us as just a job.

The type of person who seek to just go to college just to say that that have gone. The type of person who do not have the desire to press through by studying, being attentive and going the extra mile even when you are not told. The type of person who feels like a college education is a waste of their time, because they will not be successful with that type of mindset.

Alexandria

To take high school more seriously and not doing my best. I would have to myself to stay focused and not all the other distrctions bother me and that I would have plenty of time to do what i wanted to do. I would also Told myself to strive to make higher grades and not just get by on the minimal grade possible.

To take things more seriously and to not play around in High school so I wouldn't have to keep taking remedial classes. I would also recomend going to a two-year school first because it saves alot f money, and you recieve the same education if not better as a four year college or university.

That I recieve more one on one attention from techers, that my school is less expensive, that my school is located in a major city so i have more job opportunities, and alot of friends from high school is at my school so I won't feel totally alone.

Brandi

Its senior year, colleges are narrowing down and tuition is becoming to build up like an ant mile; I sit on the door step like an statue in a museum awating the results college approvals. Althoguh no approval from the other three schools but one, I take with pride and continue my education journey. If I had the opportunity to go back in time to guide myself through my senior year of high school I would. The advice I would give myself would be to focus on my grades, take scholarships and grants more seriously and have a back up college. As a college student now, grades are very important to keep up with considering that you have to pay for each class. In oder to succeed and pass the class, your grades has to be on top of the list. Scholarships and grants has the same amount of equal importance as grades do. By recieving rewards for college it makes it more affordable on the you and your parents. By looking at multiple colleges try looking at two year institute as a fall back plan. Two year institute are very affordable.

The type of person that should attend Georgia Perimeter college is one who is determined to learn, one who care about their education and interested in a small intimate campus .

When talking to friends i brag about the teacher to student ratio, and how well the teachers interact with the class. I also brag about how welldiverse the college campus is.

lauren

The price for tution, and all the convenient locations of the six campuses available in Georgia.

I would first tell myself to get organized and prepared. Organization is key to sucess in college. Its important to organize your time as well as your notes. I would tell myself that college takes dedication, but the pay off will be well worth it. I would advise to prepare myself in every way possible ( reading a chapter ahead before the next time I meet my teacher in class again, taking great notes). College is no joke, its the real deal so its time to grow up and take control of your future because no one is going to do it for you anymore! In addition, I would set a goal to stay positive, even when work, school, and social lives may all get tangled together and become stressful. Make friends, enjoy the college experience, and embrace the bright future you face are all things I believe would greatly encourage a highschool senior like I was!

MY school is great!!!!! I love my school because of the diversity and enviornment. My school is constantly building new add-ons to keep our campus clean and up to date. On campus, you can find anyone from some sort of race and ethnic background. The teachers and staff at GPC are very helpful and kind! There are also great bridge programs to help transfer students who wish to excel to a four year university. If you have a brain, apply to GPC!

Hertlice

If I could go back in time and talk with myself as a high school senior, I'd have a lot to say. First thing I'd say is don?t give up. No matter how tedious the work seems, how different the culture is around you, how many disappointments hit you left and right, don?t give up. Stick to your goals. You can succeed at what may seem like the impossible. Set your standards high and don?t settle for anything less. Write out your top five long term goals and give them a deadline. Copy those goals, frame them and post them everywhere. Recite repeatedly what you believe. When you feel like you can?t do anything else, don?t stop and keep going. You can have what you want in any circumstance. Be patient and don?t let go of those goals and dreams. Keep good company. Anyone who does not support you, your standards or your goals, make them disappear. Trust me when I say, it is in your best interest. Look out for you because no one else will do it like you can. Give what you want to get back.

The type of person that I feel should attend this school is someone who has an idea of what field they want to be in. I also think that if you are not sure of what field you want to get in, it's a good place to start with general core requirements. Attending this school is inexpensive and it allows you to get your foot in the door to the career of your desire.

I haven't really found anything to be frustrating at the school that I currently attend. The campus is set up so that I have little chance of being lost. Student Services has many resources to aid me in my success. The professors are very helpful and supportive. My fellow students are very welcoming. The Library is open everyday. The school has large number of computers for student access for students who do not have a laptop or their own personal computer. One thing I have not been since attending is frustrated.

Georgia State University-Perimeter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.