Atlanta, GA
Georgia State University-Perimeter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia State University-Perimeter College

Tiffany

Georgia Periemeter College is a great 2 year college, it gives me everything I need within 2 years.

I would tell myself to be more prepared. In high school I was an honor student , in JROTC, and I was eager to get to college. I would prepare myself for the SAT more than I was, I feel like I wasn't as focused as I should have been on college. I didn't apply to colleges until April and May of my senior year, I would have pushed myself more to apply for scholarship money. I would tell myself to work harder to get into college. I believe I was so focused on being the first of my generation in my family to graduate from high school, that I wasn't as focused on college. I didn't start college for atleast a year because of my procrastination; I no longer procrastinate. I have really did a 360 when it comes to being on top of my game; maybe I needed to grow up to realize this. As a high school senior I can admit that my focus was clouded by distractions around me; and if I had a second chance I would take it. Talking to me in the past would more than likely change my life.

The teachers, many people don't consider them but they are some of the best teachers I have ever had. They are really here for us.

Please, take advantage of the time you have and ask for help. Fill out every scholarship application available to you, because school is expensive. Ask your teachers how to study and learn how to manage your time , because in college you will recive alot of work and the deadlines are no joke. This is your life and it's time to grow up get serious about school you have to motivate yourself, remember your goal is right in front of you and just an arm reach away.

The best thing about my school would be the smaller class sizes compared to other colleges and the one on one time you can get with your proffessor.

There nothing frustrating about Georgia perimeter because everything that you need to succeed is available to you.

The people at Perimeter are completely unique and wonderful!

The people at Perimeter are completely unique and wonderful!

I was a very bad kid in high school. I would constantly be late for classes, I would not do my homework, and would never be prepared for class. In collge, I could no longer get away with the slacking that I was so used to doing. I came to realize that college professors don not give you a slap on the wrists like high school teacher; if you are not prepared, you do not come to class. There are no second chances. If I could go back in time, I would advise myself to stop slacking because you can no longer get away with it. In order to get respect from your teachers and your peers is to be responsible.

even though this is a community college, one must dedicate themselves to their studies. The classes are just as challenging, if not more than, other colleges. If a person is jus tlooking for an "easy A," this school is not for them.

Dameria

Trasitioning to college life can be rather difficult unless proper planning is involved early! Teachers, parents, and friends offer advice and can be an overwhelming chore getting prepared for college. Preparation for college starts with practicing organizational skills in high school. Daily college activities are very time consuming. Practicing organizational skills now will help you manage throughout your college career. Creating a daily routine and having the proper items such as books, utensils, and planners all contribute to being well organized. Set aside 1 specific day for pure relaxation and fun. School at times can become overwhelming. Having a day planned for fun and relaxtion can reduce the stress associated with school and can help you focus on your subjects more! Lastly, utilize your teachers office hours for help in your subjects. Becoming familiar with your teachers shows true initiative for learning and can become a determing factor of effort applied towards your education. The more interaction, the more your teacher will know of you. This can be a great asset for your educational reputation and can be helpful if there is a need for a letter of recommendation in the future. These points will ensure great success in college.

Lack of parking is in my opinion the worst flaw of the school i attend. Being on a tight schedule on a daily basis, lack of parking is time consuming and can cause tardiness when trying to be on time for class.

I always brag to my friends about the teacher availability offered by teachers at my school. I've been attending this institution for 5 semesters, and everytime i sought a teacher for help after or before instrcutional hours, they were readily available and helpful towards my academic needs.

Ricky

My apparition would tell my senior self that I cannot wing my way into college as I did throughout high school. College is serious business and if I am serious about what I want to accomplish with my life, then I am going to have to start thinking like an independent adult and making sound decisions because no one else can do those things for me. Most importantly, I would remind myself that incessant fantasizing about the future will most definitely not materialize such dreams. I would also tell myself to really be sure about what I want to achieve with a college education, because if the motive is unclear, then the drive will soon dissipate and the dreams will remain just that ? dreams. After drilling that mindset into my skull, I would then stress the importance of studying and knowing how to do it properly, applying to schools and for scholarships and grants as early as possible, and taking AP classes and CLEP tests so that I can skip the general classes and go straight into my major, because by then, I will be hungry for that dream. But ultimately, being prepared will satiate that desire.

The worst thing about Perimeter is limited class time options during registration. Early registration is released to students in alphabetical order over the course of a week. For example, if early registration begins on a Monday and a person?s last name begins with the letter T, then registration will not be available to that person until Friday. By that time, many, if not all, of the desired classes or times for certain classes will be gone and said person will only be able to choose from the courses that are present.

Perimeter College is a stepping stone for those who were not initially prepared for the college experience as well as a gateway to four-year universities. This school is perfect for anyone with any kind of educational background because very little is required to get started. The best part about attending Perimeter is that everyone can work at his or her own pace and take as ling as he or she wants to get a degree.

Raegan

Mainly, Georgia Perimeter feels like a High School II, simply because of the people attending; however, I personally like the college itself.

Dear Raegan, College is fun. I thought I would just get that out of the way, since I know you're wondering. However, college is hard work. Take your first semester seriously, because you know you are not good at math! Studying and perserverance will get you through, and you'll be alright. Disclaimer: your second semester at GPC need not be interrupted by a boy named Christopher Guy. He's bad news. Keep your focus on schoolwork; most of your professors are quite the catch. Also, take the opportunity to go outside and study because they have a beautiful campus! The people who say that community college is the drop off point for failures are wrong. I've experienced a few good people in my semesters, and a couple of bad eggs. But hey! It's the real world, no one is exactly alike. I wouldn't suggest starting anywhere else. I can imagine how scared you would be going, moving, somewhere you didn't know for four years. Good job choosing Perimeter. Have fun; God will bless you! P.S. You'll pick up guitar! You're actually good at it. :) Sincerely, Future You

The lack of pursuing a greater education, for the students atleast. I run into lots of young adults who tend not to care that they "skip class" or "don't do the homework;" sometimes I wish I were at a four year college.

Myesha

When I was in high school my school offered something called running start. This was a program that you could enroll in either you junior or senior year. It allowed you to take classes at one of the local community colleges, which would not only count as one of your high school credits but it also gave you college credits. Another program my school offered was upward bound. This program prepared you for college by taking you to colleges, helping you apply, and also require that you take some college courses ( which only counted as a high school credit). If I could go back to high school as a senior I would take advantage of all of these oppurtunities. While I was in high school I didnt realize how helpful these programs were for post college students. Another thing I would do is take advantage of any and every scholarship that came my way. If I would have done each of these simple things my college life would be alot easier. Running start would have also allowed me to finish school that much faster. I would tell any future student to take advantage of oppurtunites like these.

The best thing about my school is the size of it. My school isnt a very large school but it isnt a small school. Its in the middle. None of my classes are over crowded. Which makes it a better learning experience. My teachers interact with everyone in the class. And some of my teachers are on first name basis with most of the teachers. This allows me to learn better because my teachers take their time with us. Allowing me to learn better.

Tsehay

Georgia Perimeter College is a school of diversity.

Georgia Perimeter College is a school of diversity.

My classmates are people that become my friends and they help out when I'm in need of assistance.

Hey, Tsehay, why are you so stressed! You don't have to be, you know. College life is not as bad as you think it's going to be. Do you remeber how your high school teachers described how college professors would be? They said that your college professors would not care if you fail their class, and a lot of other things that scared you to death about college. Guess what? That is not ture! College professors want you to pass! They care a lot. So much in fact that they make so you DO pass. College professors are always curving grades and dropping low test scores. All you have to do is attend class everyday and listen to what your professors tell you. It's easy, I promise.

Courtney

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of making good choices and good habits now. The habits you create in high school will follow you all the way through college, so don't start the procrastination early. I would tell myself to practice being more organized. It would have been nice to begin college with a firm grasp on organization rather than learning how to be organized during the school year. I would tell myself to practice putting yourself in different situations and being with different people because then it won't be such a shock when you enter college. Because I didn't expose myself to new ideas in highschool, it was very hard to adapt to the different people I met and what they believed and their outlook on life. I would tell myself all these things to help me be better prepared for college. I wish I knew back then, what I know now.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one who is laid back and easy going, but has a good work ethic. Also, one who is "ok" with smaller groups should attend this school because of the lack of amount of students.

I brag about the teachers and the material that they teach. The teachers at my school teach with a lot of zeal and energy. They make it easy for me to learn material that is completely new to me. The material that I learn at school is always a new experience and I learn a ton of interesting things.

Josiah

My classmates are Outstanding and great to get alone and work with.

My classmates are Outstanding and great to get alone and work with.

I would give myself the advice to stay focus this last year of high school. I would also tell myself to go straight into college after high school because if you wait you will forget a lot of information you will need for college. I would also take the summer after high school to get things in order so that I will make a great transition into college.

I always tell my friends that Georgia Perimeter is a great school. I always tell my friends that have been out of high school sometime that Perimeter is a great 2 year school to start off at. I brag on the teachers, the campus, and how small the classroom size is. You can learn better with 20 students in the class compared to 300.

Georgia State University-Perimeter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.