Chicago, IL
Harrington College of Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrington College of Design

Miranda

Harrington has a very organized curriculum, they display student work very well and have many highly qualified teachers that make you work hard and earn your degree.

Miranda, the first thing you need to do before you decide anything else is to have more confidence in yourself to know you'll do the right thing when tough choices come your way. There's no reason to doubt yourself, you're a strong woman and the sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be. Secondly, do your research! Research as many schools as you can in as many locations as you want. Do not let anything hold you back, your family is there to support you even though they'll be sad to see you leave. They do want you to succeed despite what your concious tells you. Don't forget to apply for scholarships at least once a week. You won't regret it. Another small thing that will help you in the long run is to sign up for a spanish class. You'd be surprised how helpful it becomes to know another language when it comes to finding a job! Make sure to take care of yourself and don't stress out so much, life goes by too quickly to stress such little obstacles. Good luck.

The most frustrating thing for me is that students don't stand up and speak out loud to the high ups within the school to talk about teacher's behavior. There are many teachers that can not do there job well and I don't feel like I am getting my moneys worth with these teachers. Don't get me wrong, there are many excellent teachers as well, we just need to weed out the bad ones. I'm not the only one that feels this way. I've spoken to may students and teachers with the same opinion.

aisha

Harrington is helpful, organized, consistent, friendly, reliable, inspirational and an overall great school to attend.

I would've told myself to stay at home and go to school for Photography, instead of going to Alabama to go to school. I would've told myself to stay focused on my school work no matter what obstacles try to get in my way. And lastly, I would've told myself to never give up on God and what He has planned for my life. He knows exactly what He's doing, just trust Him.

The students, advisors, couselors and teachers are always there if you need any help or asistance with almost anything.

Darria

Compared to other schools my school is unique because it doesn't just teach student about their careers, it prepares them for their career and helps get them get a jump start on their career/

I've learned to be out spoken and more open-minded to everyone views and opinions no matter what.

The best thing about my school is the hands on learning because not only do you learn about things, you learn exactly how to do things.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that a strong support system is a must have. Without a support system it was hard to find the motivation that I needed when I was having a bad day. Sometimes just having someone around to pat your back and tell you that everything will be okay and that you will get through that paper just fine makes the day a little easier. It is valuable to attend because you meet people who can become that very support system in your life. Not only that, it helps you to learn about personal responsibilities. It allows you to find yourself and grow into the person you want to be. All the while being surrounded by the people who care for you and want to see you succeed.

Joanna

Hard earned work gives you a prosperous career after you graduate.

Hard earned work gives you a prosperous career after you graduate.

I gained a world of knowledge in my career goal as well as a world class learning environment that helped me prosper in my future goals.

I wish i knew that you had to really devote most of your time on your work in order to succeed whole heartedly.

dustin

they are all so creative. every single person here has a dream their not just here to be in school they are here because they have a dream. and i love that about this school. every person is very good at what they do, to the point that you dont have to go to teachers for help because the studens can help just as well. i wouldn't choose another school over this on.

do it sooner...dont wait so long to go to college...however having said that...if i had gone sooner i would be a lesser person today and wouldn't know the great friends i've made since moving to this city and going to this school.

nothing at all. i love this school. it's quiet, fun, offers so much. there was a meeting about a japan/greace trip where they gave out free pizza. this school is amazing and i love it here. i'm just looking for the money to be able to stay for next year so i can earn this degree and move on to a great life.

Daniela

I had a four-year, Big-Ten university experience and understand the value of campus life and freedom from the seemingly micromanaged high school environment. After achieving my Bachelor?s in Finance and working over three years in the industry, I realized that my desire to work in a creative, design-related field had not diminished since I had considered it back in high school, but was only reinforced after studying and pursuing a degree elsewhere. I would not change the decisions I made and feel that my degree in business will only assist me in effectively running my own design firm in the future. Nevertheless, if I could go back today and speak with myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to look past my fears, trust my instincts, and understand that the only way to truly succeed and feel confident in your decisions is to honestly put forth your best effort. Harrington is a much different experience than a Big Ten campus, where knowing what you want isn?t expected of you until your junior year. I should have trusted what I now realize I wanted and not allowed myself to be intimidated by uncertainty.

What attracted me most to Harrington College of Design are its grounded roots in interior design and that its instructors are working professionals in the industry. I feel that the degree I am working to accomplish is valued and important to the institution?s mission and vision and that my educational experience is as important to Harrington as my tuition payments. Students at Harrington come from all different backgrounds and have diverse life experiences under their belt. Small class sizes allow students to get to know each other and learn from each others? and professors? successes, uncertainties, and industry experiences.

As a high school senior, I recognized my interest in Interior Design and visited Harrington while investigating prospective colleges. At the time, I was nervous that I would not succeed in a design-related field. After earning a BA in Finance from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, I finally returned to Harrington to pursue my dream of a successful career in the design industry. I wish I had known that you should always trust your instincts and that as long as you put forth the maximum amount of effort, you can and will successfully learn the principles of design.

RAISHA

I WOULD TELL MY SELF THAT I WOULD HACE TO STUDY HARDER IN EACH CLASS, SAVE UP MORE MONEY AND CONTIUNE TO HAVE FUN LIKE I WAS. I SAY THAT BECAUSE I BALANCED OUT MY SCHOOL LIFE WITH MY PERSONAL LIFE AND I DO NOT REGRET NOTHING.IF I COULD CHANGE SOME THINGS I WOULDN'T EITHER. MY FUTURE SELF WOULD JUST GIVE ME THAT EXTRA ADVICE THAT I NEED.

I WOULD NOT CONSIDER NOTHING THE WORST BOUT THE SCHOOL SO FAR BECAUSE I FEEL I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE LONG ENOUGH.

ANY TYPE OF INDIVIDUAL CAN ATTEND HARRINGTON COLLEGE OF DEISGN. LIKE THE WEIRD, NERDY, OR THE PREPY INDIVIDUALS THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE DEICATED TO THE GOALS THAT THEY SET AND UNDERSTAND THAT HARRINGTON IS A SCHHOOL ALL ABOUT HELPING THERE STUDENTS REACH BEYOUND THE EXPECTATIONS.

• $0

Harrington College of Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.