Centennial, CO
Jones International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jones International University

Shirley

There are no stereotype students at Jones International University,

There are no stereotype students at Jones International University,

Since I am a student who attend online classes, I am unaware of any activities on campus.

The academics are very good because the classes are designed to meet the need of every student attending.

Idalis

If I could go back in time to talk to myself about college, the first thing I would say is that college is the best decision I ever made. The best advice I can give myself is stop worrying about money and debt, and start thinking about the future and where college will get you. Don't spend day after day thinking "I want to go to this specific college because it's cheaper to take classes here". Instead, think about how much you can learn from a specific college, and how much it will benefit you.

Before attending JIU, I wish I had known exactly how much it would have costed me to attend the school, and graduate. I loved finding out that I didn't have to write an essay, or pay a fee for an application and tuition, but when I actually enrolled I realized that I didn't know how much I was paying to attend my classes. Typically I can find out how much books cost for specific courses at the beginning of each course, but I know that doesn't even touch the rest of how much I need to pay.

The worst thing about my school is not having face-to-fact contact with instructors. Some people may take longer to realize that they aren't the best at online learning, and may even fail a couple of courses until figuring out that online schooling isn't in their best interest.

Crystal

I love JIU!!! I do all my classes online and it works around my hectic schedule. There isnt anything that I would want to change about JIU because I havent ran into any problems. I think JIU is not too over crowd because well there are so many people that are utilizing there on campus and online academics. When I talk about college and where I go people, especially military friends, are interested in what I have to say because all of us are looking into getting a degree. I do not live on campus or attend physical classes, I am an online student but even with that I do not feel like I am missing out on much. The administration at JIU is so friendly and very helpful. They are always there when I need an answer and I am never on hold or if I do it is not very long.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose to attend JIU because they offered all online classes and a bachelors degree in exactly what I wanted. They are also military friendly, not just for the soldiers but for their spouses and children too. I needed a school that could fit into my hectic and crazy life. I am a mother of two small children, a husband that is in the military, and my husbands civilian job is working over nights so i am left during the day to attend to so much and JIU just fits perfectly with what I needed and was looking for.

I am not involved in anything but what is offered in my classes. I have been accepted in to the NSCS which was an outstanding offer. I felt like all my hard work had paid off. I have been enjoying being part of the NSCS because they have informed me on scholarships I can go for and other fun things I can do while attending school.

I have been attending school at JIU for over a year now through online classes and I have met some awesome friends. With online I am not physically meeting people but everyone is nice and eager to help. I have had some friends that write me that i have met in classes. There are so many age ranges in my classes and we all work together as a family and pretty sure that no one ever feels out of place. With JIU and having the ability to do onlin classes I have met other students from all around the world. I havent ran into any problems with other students in any of my classes.

Even though I am online only, my professors know me by my name and not by just a number. My least favorite class has been English but thats just because I have never been much of a reader, but yet the professors that I have had in English have been helpful and made the class interesting which helped keep my attention. I study a little bit everyday so then I know that I am not crunched for time when it comes to getting an assignment done. I am a Business Accounting major and I enjoy my classes. Its not a lot of math classes back to back I get a wide variety and get to mix it up when I want. I think the academic requirements are JIU are specially designed to help us learn all we can in our future field of work that we are all aiming for. I feel JIU is all about being there for the students and helping us obtain our degrees in whatever we have chosen and they do encourage you to do things that will help increase your chances of getting a job after you get your degree. They offer many resources that we can utilize to get the best that we can out of JIU and after we have already graduated.

I, personally, dont know if there are any steriotypes at my college. I do all my classes online, but all the students and teachers that I have interacted with are AWESOME. Everyone is friendly and are eager to help anyone out.

This does not really apply to this school.

This does not really apply to this school.

With this being an online university, there is a vast array of students. There are people from all walks of life and from every country in the world. You get to work with instructors that have real world experience and can help you solve real world problems. Another great benefit is the fact that you do not have to dress for class!

I think that most of the students at JIU are best described as very open-minded and excited to learn. There is a very diverse student body in every class. Ages range from just out of high school to retired persons. There are many military personnel in just about every class I have attended so far. It is great to learn with the various backgrounds involved in the learning experience.

Troy

The best things I have found are the instructors and the freedom. The instructors are thoughtful and concerned about the student’s success. Also the freedom of not having to be at a class at a specified time works well for active adults returning to school.

The students at JIU are diverse and from all over the world. As it is a online learning environment time and date are not an issue as long as you get your homework in by the deadlines.

Generally there are 10 to 15 students per class. This gives the instructors the ability to know their students on a more personal level and coach each student in areas that need improvement.

Jones is predominantly a school designed for military personnel. Much of their website is designed to entice military people. I am not a military student and have had no trouble with the finances or college life.

Brenda

People are what make the difference anywhere you go, and JIU proves that. The first contact with JIU was over the phone; a lady named JIll had me enrolled in school in 30 minutes, and I had no desire to go to school. I have the most wonderful student adivsor anyone could ask for; have a need or a question, call Jennifer, she has the answer; or knows who does. I love JIU.

As an online student, the misconception is that online students don't have to study and don't learn anything.

Tonia

The best things about Jones International University, is I have open communication with my student counselor, she is friendly and outgoing and is always available to me. I would not change anything about Jones. My school is online, I am not aware of how many students are present. I do know that my class size is not above 25 students, to me ist just right. When I tell people I attend Jones International University, they always ask if I like it, some express they would never be able to do online school. I really like the school adminstration, they are helpful and courteous. I know I have alot of pride for JIU.

I am involved in NSCS I am very proud to have achieved this honor

I canot answer these questions because I am an online student. But some days I wear pajamas to my space

Professors indeed know my name, My favorite class is BBA classes, with my least favorite is probably art. Typically if a student wants to excell they should study a minuim of 25 hours per week. Class participation is encouraged to get the most out of your classes. I tend to hold intellectual conversations outside of class; I am sure many JIU students do as well. I am majoring in Business Adminstration/ Accounting. Jiu is geared towards get a job, excelling at what you do and what you know. They prepare you for the future.

I attend an online college Jones International University, if there is sterotype of students I am unaware of it

My college advisors have been extremely helpful in pushing me in the right direction towards being successful in their school. They genuinely care about their students and do everything they can to make sure they have a good experience while attending JIU. I feel like I get the same amount of knowledge doing online classes than someone who sits in lectures all day long. I am also able to work full time while going to school.

I wish I would have known there is colleges available where you complete your entire degree online. JIU is understanding about their students needs and hectic schedules. They allow you to work school into your life, which helps you become a successful student.

I am able to work full time and still go to school. I can do my classwork at any time of the day without having to worry about going to class.

Tiffany

It has been very helpful for me to grow educationally and maturally. I have been able to learn things that I can use in every day life along with things that I need in my degree. Going back to school has been something that has been long over do. This has been one of my better decisions in life.

Someone that is not wanting to get a degree in business or school.

yudenia

Well I would tell my self to slow down and enjoy school or just being a kid at that.. Please try to take in advice an adult is trying to give you.. You need to make yourself understand that noone is trying to offend you or make you seem stupid.. they are only trying to make life a little easier.. I would also say, to my self "stay focused" Do your best not to worry about what everyone else is doing or about fitting in. Your time to shine will come.. Your time for responsiblity will come. Dont rush it.. Pay attention in your class and apply yourself..ask questions when you dont understand, and dont be afraid to do it. Diverse your self and your mind , apply your self. Be open to suggestions and constructive critism. Choose your steps with thought, Reach out for advice, Defend your morals, and dont compromise for anyone or anything. You should take advantage of every opportunity and not be afraid of what people may think or any ideas you may have. And last please be honest with yourself and who you are. Please rem." that you decide who you are" no one else.

I have never really been a bragger, I have always just kind of gone with the moment. But if i ever got the chance to brag, it will most likely be about how good of a grade ive gotten, and how much i studied to get it..

The most frustrating thing in school to me was that, We were always focused on someones popularity or boys. trying to fit in and making yourself look better that you really are..

Jones International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.