Madisonville, KY
Madisonville Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Madisonville Community College

Alana

I have attended 4-year colleges as well as Madisonville Community College. I have done the best at Madisonville because it has not "forced" me towards a certain career path and allows me to get my basics under control before I have to put in any real serious dedication to a certain type of major. The school has some amazing teachers that take extra time to make sure you understand the class you are taking. That is a very unique and rare thing in some colleges.

I would not let myself feel pressured into making any big decisions starting out in college. I would tell myself "you are young. you will have tons of opportunities and you will probably want to do everything under the sun." I would make it clear to myself that my general education is the best way to start and to sample other classes to find out what I really wanted to major in instead of taking as much time and money has I have no to find that out. Nobody is ever "sure" of what they want to do I think, but there are instances where you can truly find what you DO NOT want to do. Process of elimination, take different classes, do well in them even if you dont like them, but at least you know that is not your "dream career" path.

I dont believe there is a certain type of person that "shouldn't" attend school. Its never a waste to find out what your nitch is in life. For me it took a lot of time, money, and thought to decide what I would want to earn my degree in. If you know exactly what you want, you should STILL consider starting at a 2 year school such as Madisonville's. It prepares you for a lot in college and the real world.

Wendy

Looking back as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take all the classes that would have given me college credit in high school, that by doing this I would graduate college faster. I would also tell myself at 18, that do not be such a procrastinator and break that habit right then and there because college does not put up with procrastinators and if you snooze you lose. I would also tell myself that you won't get anywhere by trying to be everybody's friend, just to fend for yourself and don't take slack off anybody. You are who God made you and be proud of that, you will succeed, don't let anybody get in the way of your dream.

There isn't a type of person that shouldn't attend, the college has goals set to be welcoming and inviting to everybody. They offer tutoring for older students, and services for the disabled.

The fact that I work a full time job and they do not have as many night classes that would be helpful to me. Online classes are okay, but I prefer to have face to face interaction to learn.

Kamea

Madisonville Community College is a college that likes to be aware of the students academics, etc.

The advice I would give myself from knowing what I know now is that I wouldn't sit around an waste time, but would get enrolled in college as soon as possible. An I wouldn't worry about starting out at a four-year university, because it's not all about going out of state etc to go to college now days. If someone is really meant to be discovered or found because of a skill or something they have they can get discovered just as quick at a community college as well.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that is only goind for the money, really not interested in receiving a degree or diploma anytime soon, etc.

Madisonville Community College has done a distinguished job in employing professors who sincerley care about each and every student personally and academically.

One thing that is unique about my school compared to others that I have considered is affordable tuition for students on a budget, which has been beneficial for me in this challenging economy. Also, the small classroom size that Madisonville Community College offers has helped me achieve academic excellence, and has helped me to have amazing student/teacher relationship with my professors. The convenience of attending a community college has allowed me to live at home, be a full-time student, and still be able to work full-time.

Do not get discouraged about have difficulty in choosing a major. It is a hard decision to make, and it requires you to thoroughly evaluate yourself. Take your time, and conduct a lot of research on each major that may interest you, and even the ones you think may not appeal to you at all. The most important thing to remember is that your professors and your school is there to help you all they can. So, don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for help. Remembering this one thing can play a vital role in determing your success in college. Also, don't get discouraged in yourself. College can be difficult, and very stressful. Always work hard and push yourself to be better. If you give something everything you possibly can, then there will be no regrets afterwards. Don't always take the easy route. Continue to challenge yourself even if you think you can't do it. One of the greatest satisfactiona in life is to do something that doesn't come easy to you, putting all you have into it, and then finally succeeding.

Madisonville Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.