Pittsfield, MA
Mildred Elley-Pittsfield Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mildred Elley-Pittsfield Campus

Awful experience with the extremely rude, unsupportive faculty in situation that I felt fearful. I enrolled to the cosmetology program this fall, very excited to get my license to start assisting at the salon I currently work at. The instructors came off as uneducated with lack of ability to pronounce words from the text, although this was my first impression I continued. To my further dismay I stumbled into a faculty member who made me extremely uncomfortable by cornering me in a hallway. Even though we have a past that involves superior court in an "acquitted" case, the fact is he recognized me as a witness that testified against him in this case that took place less than three years ago (2014). As most students would do in this circumstance I went to the schools Dean of Affairs, Carrie Swaine who, to my total surprise, was expecting my visit and had already been approached by a fellow student who also voiced concern about this faculty member that cornered me. Carrie did not ask me why I was so upset, she did not learn about what had taken place in the hallway. Instead Mrs. Swaine put her hand up in my face as I began to explain the situation and spoke over me: "You're Kayla I'm guessing? Nicole already came to me about this, he has been acquitted, there is nothing I can do." And with that rude response and lack of attentiveness to the situation that had just taken place in the hallway I realized this woman was not going to do her job to keep her students feeling safe and happy while in their school envoirnment. I then seeked my department chair Denise Sorintino for advice, explaining to her my panic disorder (which she later called PTSD, confirming she had never listened to me in the first place)she was less than helpful. I then filed a report the District Attorney and the GB police department and called the schools President in Albany. She came in for a talk and was bias against me- telling me he "didnt recognize" me when he cornered me therein believing heresy. I couldn't handle this level of disregard from people who are supposed to be supportive so I withdrew my enrollment.

I absolutely love Mildred Elley. I completed my certificate to become a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant and am now going back again to further my education as a Licensed Practical Nurse. I attend night classes as I work full time during the day, and I love it. The classes are small, the staff is dedicated to helping you succeed, and generally the other students are all as dedicated and like minded since generally we are all working adults who are looking to further our careers. This is the best school for adults who are looking to advance in the workforce. They help you to find job placement for life which is also very helpful. This is not a school for someone who is unsure what they want to do, you will not find a liberal arts degree here. This is a technical school that will get you hands on experience so you are ready to work in your field as soon as you graduate, and for that I am so thankful because I had no clue what I wanted to do before I met staff here, and now I am out working in a field I love, making a difference in peoples lives, and finding my place in the world. I can't say enough about how this school has changed my life, and the lives of many other people I know.

Charlene

This School is the worst institution I ever been in. I regret signing up here. Some of these instructor don't care to help you with your work or homework if you don't understand. The administrators are not professional,There is no tutoring for business majors. In end of this module I am withdrawing out of this school and moving on to a next journey. I am so angry of myself being here and wasted nine months. Prospective Students DO NOT ENROLLED AT THIS SCHOOL YOU WILL REGRET TO BE HERE!!

Mildred Elley-Pittsfield Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.