Milligan College, TN
Milligan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Milligan College

Jackie

I love Milligan College. Its orginal selling points were that it was six hours away from home and a Christian school. Now I am in love with it for so many other reasons. The people the I now call family here are some of the most real people. If someone is searching for friends that won't really care and just let them slip under the surface, they should not look at Milligan College. Milligan College is in the heart of East Tennessee, meaning there are beautiful mountians and waterfalls everywhere. Its an all around beautiful place. I've loved my past year here, followed by a summer in Nairobi, Kenya. My Milligan education prepared me for that. Giving me a greater world view and the abilty to have a huge heart for those people after hearing about them and people like them in Chapels. I'll never regret my years at Milligan College. The memories, the friends, and all of the humanities and bible I have learned.

The campus is extremely small, which makes drama arise very often. It is very cliquey, but it is great.

I think that I would tell myself to keep going. During my senior year, I attended Cincinnati Christian University as a part of Ohio's Post-Secondary Educational Option. (Dual-Enrollment). I transferred to Milligan with 62 college credits which saved me a lot of money. I have often wondered whether or not it was a good idea, but I believe that it was. I think that I would tell myself that I was doing the right thing and just to study hard and keep going the way that I was. Stay focused and work hard, and that in the end it would pay off. College transition was not as difficult as it could've been, since I had been in a college environment before I actually moved away to college. I would also tell myself that moving away to go to school was the right decision, and that I would grow more when I was 350 miles away from home than I would if I had stayed.

There are two things that I don't like about Milligan. One, the fire alarms. The smoke detectors in the rooms are especially sensitive in the two oldest dorms -- Sutton and Webb. The other thing that I don't like about Milligan is the opportunities for service. There are not a lot of opportunities for students to serve in the Johnson City community. I don't like that Milligan is a bit far away from Johnson City...don't get me wrong, the quiet is nice, but it would be more convienient to be closer to Johnson City.

Students that don't like to work, to study, or dedicate themselves shouldn't attend Milligan. Milligan holds high standards for the students that attend. Student's who don't like to walk shouldn't attend either, because the school is built on the top of a hill. Milligan is not a party school, so you can cross that off your list if you're expecting parties. In fact, Milligan is a dry campus. So alcohol is completely off limits. Students who are expecting college to be an easy jorney should not attend.

Logan

Even thought you think what you are studying is not important, believe me, IT IS IMPORTANT, especially if you plan to attend college. Pay attention in class and do your very best .

Small library and laboratory, otherwise, very statisfied.

Kala

I would tell myself to begin my academic career at Milligan College because I enjoy the teacher, students, and atmosphere. I would also like to tell myself to start out with Nursing rather than pre-med. The last thing I would tell myself would be to study hard and do the best that I can.

I really like how the teachers care for you and care how you are doing in your personal life as well as acadmically.

I wish I would have know that I would like it better than ETSU.

Thomas

I would tell myself to worry less about picking a major and deciding on a career path. Knowing what you want to do is great, but college is a transformative journey and you don't know who you will end up becoming. So don't focus on who you want to be, but working on learning about who you are. Branch out and take classes that sound like fun instead of jamming in as many general education courses as possible. Don't worry about getting a date that first semester, instead, learn to cherish your new friends and build up your relationships with them. Romance will happen on its own time, and its better not to rush it. Study hard, but don't forget that college isn't all about the classes. Get involved on campus! Volunteer! Have fun! Spend time with people who are completely different than you are, because you will learn more about the world by talking to a student from Trinidad-Tobego than you ever will by taking an ethnic studies course. Above all, keep an open mind and an open heart. Don't judge others, but don't let go of your own values either.

Milligan College has an awesome feeling of community. It's biggest frustration is also its greatest perk. The class sizes are all small, so you get to know each of your classmates. The Student Government Association works tirelessly to bring events and speakers to campus which help to build community. Professors generally know each student by name, even the ones who they haven't had in class. It's a great atmosphere to learn in, and a great family to become a part of.

I live ten hours away from home, so the most frustrating part for me is the long drive. Most students, however, get annoyed by how small our campus is. There are plenty of things to do, but you have to be willing to leave your dorm room and actually get involved on campus. If you don't get plugged into this campus at some point, chances are good that you won't enjoy it at all.

Karen

If I could go back and giv my self advice I would tell myself to pay more attention in class instead of just doing to get the good grade and move on.

I brag mostly about the good Nursing program here and how the smaller classes are better for learig since you can receve more help and attention from the teachers.

That it is in the mountians so i have to walk up and down a lot of stairs to go back and forth between classes and my doorm.

Allison

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to embrace everything that is thrown at you. Do not let people hold you back and focus on the amazing new things that are happening to you. What grade you are in does not matter and you can be friends with anyone you want to if you put your mind to it. Watch how much you spend because it starts to add up fast when you do not have Mom and Dad telling you what you can and cannot do. Enjoy the time with your family before you go away and call every once in awhile so they know you are alive and having fun. Find the balance between fun and homework and do not think grades are the most important because you learn so much more from experiences with people. Enjoy the time you have with people because these people will become friends for life. Roommates will change, but know you are not the problem. Form relationships with your professors because they are some of the wisest people you will ever meet. And finally live life to the fullest and enjoy every single experience of college life.

The food is very repetitive and not filling. We only have two options of places to eat on campus so it is difficult to get a variety of foods.

People are not very open minded and complain alot instead of trying to make things better. People are very complacent.

Jessie

I would tell myself that when choosing college it is important to go for your dreams. It is important not to settle when dealing with your education. Don't let little fears get in the way of dreaming. I would tell anyone who would listen to be active, join clubs and get to know professors. A lot of changes happen in college and there is no reason to be shy and miss so many great oppertunities. I would tell myself to study first and ask questions. College is a challenge but it is such a great experience if you are willing to try new things and to work hard. I would also tell my senior self to really investigate potential colleges and not just pick one based on price.

makabu

keep working hard because college is coming and is harder than high school in both track and field and school.

every body is welcome in this school because people here want to discover new cultures.

Brandi

I would go prepare myself on my own for college academically. I would definately tell myself that I am worth something as my professors at Milligan have taught me to believe. That God will never leave me. Milligan taught me that too. Follow my dreams and not to worry about the money. Number one would probably be to just be myself. It took me two years to do that at Milligan. I've finally made some great friendships and I feel like I'm getting cheated out of them because I waited so long to open up to people. Don't be afraid to let anyone in. I almost didn't ask for help at all in any aspect of my life and I would probably be dead if it wasn't for my professors and the help I got there. The psychology professors saved my life for getting me into a group therapy program because I was suicidal. I'm bipolar with psychosis (hallucinations) and my professors and my friends are so understanding accept me as I am. I am so thankful for everyone at Milligan who helped me. If it wasn't for them, I'd be dead.

I wish I had been more prepared in High School. My high school was a joke as far as academically in some aspects. I came to college not really knowing how to write a paper, research or an analysis of any kind. Even though Milligan offers composition classes, I would have done better to have had the experience especially in my major which is English. That is why my English grades are not up to satisfaction.

Someone who isn't a Christian. Someone who drinks or smokes regularly. It's against the rules at Milligan. Someone who would rather be apart of a large crowd. Milligan is a very intimate environment with mostly small classes about 12 average. The most is around 20. The largest class is Freshmen and Sophmore Humanities lectures which involve every Freshman and Sophmore in Humanities which is a core requirement for Milligan for 4 semesters.

Milligan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.