New Mexico State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New Mexico State University-Main Campus

Dominique

Working in the field of arts has been a passion of mine since I was very young. My life as a performer began when I was about four years old. I was enrolled in early learning music classes and then began practicing guitar a year later. I would perform as a soloist as well as partake in guitar ensemble performances. A few years later, I took flamenco dance classes and began acting, taking on various school performance roles. It was around middle school that I started studying guitar and singing on my own because growing up in a family of five on the west side of town, and we had no extra money even to consider private lessons with a formal instructor. My first year of college has been a dream come true because double majoring in music education and theater at New Mexico State has provided me with opportunities I've never had such as private vocal lessons, working backstage for a production, performing in an opera, acting in student films, and education classes that teach me how to share my knowledge with others. Not only do I have the privilege of living on a beautiful campus, but in a loving environment where I am surrounded by kind, and studios scholars who all work very hard to achieve success. Overall, I am proud to be apart of such a unique, and amazing school.

I honestly love NMSU, it's close to home and a nice place to start your education. I have only visited the campus a few times since I am still a high school student, though what I have seen is always very nice. The facility is very clean and feels safe. I have never worried about whether I felt safe in the school and they even have an alert system if anything were to occur. Their sports program is also awesome, my family is a big fan (Go Aggies!!!) and I love how enthusiastic everyone is about the game.

sergio

I really do enjoy coming to NMSU, the campus itself is very beautiful. I have encountered any problems with other students or any aggressive behavior in the campus. It seems like a great school to attend the teachers are very helpful as well. The one thing I do recommend is to really know what you want to do and don't rely much on the counselors. I have encountered various problems with them "recommending" me a class that doesn't belong to my major. I would give this school a 9/10 overall.