Danielson, CT
Quinebaug Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Quinebaug Valley Community College

Christine

I enjoy the variety of classes and the times are convenient for my busy work schedule. It's sometimes hard to communicate with professors if the class is online. Teachers do not always utilize Blackboard for grades in a timely manner. The college is great for financial aid through!

Cindy

I thought it was a great school. My teachers were intelligent. They were always there when I had questions. I felt like I understood what was being taught. I especially liked my Algebra teacher. I always had a hard time with math but she made enjoyably.

Jocelyn

I've only just registered, transferring from down south. Overall the staff is even more friendly then my previous school! I went there with a specific major in mind, later finding out that they didn't offer it. Not only did they find me a major they did have with my career path in mind, but also worked very well around my busy work schedule.

Genesis

QVCC, is a small knit community, full of students who have taken time off of school to go back and start again. Or those fresh out of high school and are enthusiastic about starting their career. Their is plenty of tutors and advisers ready to help students be as successful as possible. Offering free private sessions and one on one help. The college was currently under construction to build a student center which includes, a microwave, vending machine, and a pool table for students to come and relax after a long day of classes. In addition the faculty provide snacks and beverages for students, especially during finals.

Alisa

I really loved going to this community college. My favorite professor was Melissa Phillion. She teaches biology/micro. She was one of the most understanding and helpful teacher I have ever had the pleasure of being taught by. My only complaint is there is no nursing program.

Rosemary

I went straight from Freshman year of highschool into college. Never was a senior.

Someone who doesn't care about education

I don't really brag about it. It's community college.

odessa

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that if circumstances in life would have been different , I would go on to college now. Being that I had quite a few circumstances keeping me from going to college once I graduated, I have had to put it off until now. I am going back to school at the age of 36 to become an LVN, with the possibility to go on to an RN. I have 3 kids and am a single mother. I am going back to show them that you are never too old to learn. I know that if I had gone to college once I graduated high school I would not be going back to school now. I feel that it would have been easier going to college back then, as I was younger and fresher and did not have the responsibilities I have now. I know it will be hard going to school now with 3 kids and all the studying I will have to do, but I have the will and the stamina to do so.

My school, Quinebaug Valley Commmunity College, is unique compared to other schools that I've considered because of the atmosphere.. It's very welcoming, and you see a lot of different faces. Seeing so many different people gives you more confidence that you'll definitely make some new friends. Also, QVCC is a smaller school, so most of the teachers know you by name, just like in high school. Because the school is fairly small it's really easy to get extra help if you need it, which isn't usually the case at other (possibly bigger) schools.

If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself "Always try your best, because what you learn through high school, both booksmarts and things you learn about yourself, will come back in college. Grades follow you, so make sure there as good as you can make them. Sometimes, if you talk to your advisor and you get a good grade in a class that you took in high school, that same class in college that you need to take is waived and you can take the next one up. You're almost done high school! Can you believe it? Don't stress, but don't procrastinate and put things off until the last minute, stay on top of things. Remember that in college too. The beginning of the semester is pretty easy going, even if its challenging work, but then the end of the semester is crazy. There's so much work you'll need to do at once, so I'll say it again: stay on top of things! The transition is smooth. There are lots of people in the same boat as you and advisors to help you get started. Good luck, you'll do great!"

Anyone looking for a small 2-year school should attend QVCC! The school is very welcoming to all different people. Different ethnicities, backrounds, abilities, interests, ect. I think just about anyone will fit right in.

Quinebaug Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.