Saint Catharine, KY
Saint Catharine College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Catharine College

Well, I have only really just started in my college studies; it is all brand new to me and exciting. I was homeschooled so I am used to a different environment than the schedules and deadlines that are prevalent in college. Deciding on what I might have done differently is tough, there was so much that I had to do to just get in the classroom up to this point. The FAFSA, the ACT, the SAT, filling out all those forms and applications, then the college forms and class decisions; it was nearly overwhelming. I was lucky in that my parents allowed me such independence during the homeschooling years, this gave me the abilities to organize myself and direct my actions accordingly. Thinking back now what I would have done differently is instead of being "miss independent" I would have sought out more information from persons in college who are near the end of their first or second year to discuss what things they did to make the transition easier. I would tell myself that part of being successful, of being an independent person, is knowing when to seek advice and that it is ok to need help...occasionally.

My College is unique from other colleges in my state for many reasons, but a couple of them are that it is smaller than most other colleges in the state, it is a Catholic college so its focus is more than just academics, there is a soul to this college, which sounds strange but you can feel the concern and empathy that this school generates. The instructors and personnel really work to bring the most out of you in a good way. I love it.

Wow, now that is a tough one! With all the different programs and studies and students from all over the world, picking just one thing, one best thing, one thing that characterizes Saint Catharine. There are sport programs, academics, staff, the campus grounds, the buildings, the farm, even a grotto for spiritual reflection! So what is the "best" thing... well I would have to say the people. Yes the people, that's it from the community of Springfield where the college is located to the college itself. Everyone seems to care that you are here and want you to succeed.

• $0

Saint Catharine College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.