San Jacinto Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Jacinto Community College

Jasmin

Its great for anyone who is on a budget. Anyone who wants to be in Houston that would be a great college to go to. Many food places to go to if anyone hungry during campus. Also there are not so good professors in campus i would recommend to search who is your professor to be prepared.

Brian

It's a good community college to save money and transfer. What they have available and the way of executing their limited programs and services is incredible. A good location for locales to come and be educated. It is limiting in some aspects you would normally find in a university, but it is a community college so its understandable.

Kalynn

San Jac is a great school! I love the environment and the teachers are always there when I need help. For a community college, it is one of the best and you really get your money's worth. Transferring is easy if you talk to the counselors and the counselors are very helpful.

Jasmin

I think its a great college to start off at if your not ready to move into a huge university and pay the expenses of a huge university. And if your a person that is more of a one on one learner then you should come to San Jacinto college since it is a community college the classes are way smaller than what a university class is.

Roberto

I was in the Paralegal program and it was great. The teachers were all attorneys and they loved their job. The teachers and staff actually care about the students.

Lilian

San Jacinto Community College is an underrated but amazing college. Most of the professors are always available and will help you with anything that you need. The classroom sizes are small which allows the professor to see all of the students and for the students to participate.

Riley

Although San Jacinto is characterized as a community college, the atmosphere and the standards students are held to is kept at a university style. Since I am majoring in nursing, most of my time is spent in the science building and the library. The facilities are kept up to date, clean, and well structured to provide the best environment for students to thrive in. My favorite aspect of the college is the student to professor ratio. Each class has no more than 25 students, so professors have the ability to discuss topics more in depth and more adequately address any problems the students may have. I have also taken part in many online courses through San Jacinto College. I am pleased to see that the teachers are also accessible via email within 24 hours. Professors also post their office hours, and if not immediately available, students are directed to other professors in that department who are eager to assist. I attend San Jacinto Community College because my mother, a single parent with three children, could not afford for me to attend a university. However, my mother has given me the opportunity to complete my basics at San Jacinto, where the price is much cheaper. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my decision to attend San Jacinto. I have completed a majority of my pre-requisites for nursing and I am confident San Jacinto Community College has provided me with the knowledge and tools to be successful at a university.

Melanie

My overall opinion of San Jacinto College is great. The class sizes are great and give the students a chance to actually make a connection with the professor. San Jacinto College has a great student body and the campus is beautiful. Professor are very understanding and flexible when students need assistance regarding assignments.

Susana

My experience with San Jacinto College has been exceptional. The professors and staff members are always available with a helping hand, and they manage to keep class interesting. The campus is always maintained clean and very well organized with various working vending machines at anyones disposal.

ashlee

San Jacinto is a great school in terms of cost and academics. Here it is easy to pay your way through your education and has helped save me so much money. Because I could carefully select my professors it helped me maintain a 4.0 grade average, and now I have many options of schools to transfer to. It was a very good school.

Valerie

San Jacinto is a good school to start off with. The school is good with academics, but you hardly see any extra activities done at the school. I go to this school currently, and i take night classes. San Jacinto is a community college I do not feel like it is a true college experience.

Aaliyah

Overall I really do appreciate San Jacinto South Community College. Most of all because the school has helped prepare me and get ready to start my career path of Chemical Engineering. Currently I also attend the college that is also on their campus, and it has been a pleasure to have the guidance from the faculty and staff to get through college to receive my associate's degree next year. I truly can say that this school has prepared me for when ever I transfer off to a university and I am thankful for that.

shelby

I genuinely loved my experience in San Jacinto Community College. The professors and the admin really care for your success. They also have many resources, and tutors if you need help. There are many clubs to join too such as, anime club, first generation college students club, debate club,.. ect. I recommend this college if you're trying to obtain your associates degree

Christopher

It is a good college to start off at. The majority of the staff seem to care about their students. I am currently a sophomore and had not had a problem with a bad professor. The size of the school is quite large and the students are from all over the world. I don’t have any issues with this college

Janelle

San Jacinto Community College is a very friendly college. The staff is great. They really care about their students. The professors are very friendly and intelligent. The campus is clean and well kept. It is located in a great area. It located near many shops and restaurants.

Over all a great school. Very focused and leaning based. I’ve been at the school for 2 years now and I am about to finish with my associates degree soon. Highly recommend if you are looking to go to San Jacinto. I would recommend any of the campuses.

Aracely

I enjoy being at San Jacinto College. I attend the Central campus but I know some classmates and friends who attend or have attended North and South campus classes. I really appreciate the fact that the campus has numerous resources with fairly long hours to assist students and how close it is to my home, making commuting easy on gas.

San Jac ha recently been rated the top 5 community college in the nation-- and I don't know what the ratings were based on, but the academics at the school are pretty solid. Aside from that, the school isn't very tight knit. Clubs and organizations exist, but most people aren't interested in them. As a community college, the students are very diverse. Many non traditional students attend this school, and no matter what makes you unique, you're likely to find others like you at San Jac. If you're looking to improve your life by getting a 2 year degree, or to save money by attending a community college and then transfer for a 4 year degree, San Jacinto College is worth looking into.

Tyronesha

I love San Jacinto College. My professors are great, easy to get in contact with if I ever should need anything, and are very understanding. The place is just the right size for me to walk and reach all of my classes. The study places are now apart of my everyday life ,and the library is very helpful.

Derthi

Looking forward to getting accepted!

I attend San Jacinto College through a dual accelerated high school program. As a student of this program, I work towards both a high school diploma and an associate degree. I started attending San Jac when I was 13, and although I was anxious about attending for most of the preceding summer, all of my worries washed away when I stepped on campus. Here, everyone is encouraged to do their best, not only by their professors but by their peers as well. The library offers a plethora of resources to help you succeed, ranging from a student success center to private tutors. Professors are easily accessible as well, and they try their hardest to help you succeed in their classes. Lastly, many events are held on campus throughout the day, such as festivals, exhibitions, and job fairs, and this gives everybody a sense of belonging in their academic career. All in all, I am proud to attend this school!

Marquiseko

What is your overall opinion of this school? I genuinely liked my experience at San Jacinto Community College when I visted The professors and the admin really care for your success. They also have many resources, and tutors if you need help everyone was so nice

Sydney

San Jacinto is overall a good school, community college wise. It definitely has some flaws but it isn't anything too bad. Professors are either a hit or miss, some put in a lot of effort whereas others do the bare minimum. The staff are overall really kind and helpful. They have a bookstore and starbucks on campus so it makes it easy to access everything. They also offer a lot of resources like the student success center where they have free tutoring. All in all, it isn't a terrible school and is an excellent place to get your basics done on a budget.

Jacqueline

San Jacinto Community College is a great way to get your basics out of the way. I will be graduating in April and I will never forget the opportunity this school gave me. It has an outstanding staff who care about their students and keep up with their office hours. There is a handful of professors who aren't the best, but that is everywhere. It's Science department is so amazing. You will never fail in a science course because they care and want to help. Some of the basic classes like, Humanities have such driven teachers who care about their class. I high recommend this school.

Jose

If you plan on bettering yourself through secondary education, San Jacinto Community College is a good stepping stone towards your dream. Although I am just a dual credit student, I feel I got a good experience at San Jac. The tuition is definitely affordable and the professors are amazing.

Dawson

During the two years that I was a member of San Jacinto College, I learned not only a lot about different subjects, but also about myself. I got involved in student organizations and on-campus employment, and as a result, my time as a student has been an amazing experience. If you want to get your basics done, get a certification, or go back to college, San Jac is a perfect opportunity for you to take advantage of.

Giselle

To be completely honest it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It is actually a great and affordable community college. I do wish that since I attend the main college in San Jacinto we do not get the proper funding the school deserves. The Menifee campus always seems to get everything despite them not being the main college. It really upsets me especially since they get new buildings like Science ones. We are overly crowded on the San Jacinto campus. Many students need science classes like Chemistry, but there are not nearly enough classrooms. I love San Jacinto for being a small town and I believe the staff and students deserve better.

Justin

Well to start off it is one of the top community colleges in the country but overall it is a good school. They have a lot of resources students can use in order to succeed. I have always had a pleasant experience meeting the people of this college and I don''t regret going here.

Eileen

San Jacinto College is perfect for those achieving their associate degree or obtaining certificates for their desired field. Tuition is affordable and classes are very hands on and small so you can have more one on one help from professors. Although there is no college housing most of the campuses are often surrounded by apartment complexes, restaurants and shopping stores nearby. There are often many clubs, organizations, and events for students to engage in and help grow. As an art major there were many chances to display art through seasonal galleries and festivities. Many departments integrate together to work together for events such as English, music and art department combining together for a culture event.

Humberto

San Jacinto College is a pretty good community college for the are. Nearby high schools, including my own, part-take in the early college program, allowing us to become students and take classes there. It's pretty easy to get into, but the education may vary. Depending on the professor, your experience and learning may differ greatly from others. Overall, it's a pretty good school with a few set backs.

Wendy

Great school!

Frida

Although a community college, San Jacinto Community College offers a wide variety of classes that are necessary to be completed for an Associate's degree. There are a plethora of branches of one subject a student can take and also have options for any interesting extra classes they might want to take. It is a very good school.

Julianna

i think it's a good school to go to for the simple learning experience. There's not much to do, there's not that many sports or places to go to for fun. Although these may be things that are deal breakers, there's many classes and opportunities to take classes in order to get your credits for a less expensive price than going to a regular university.

San Jacinto College gave me the opportunity to grow and explore at my own pace. I had help from advisors, financial aid and career services any time it was needed. There I met some of my closest friends and found my passion for educating, which helped me decide what to do in the future. There's no pressure and the professors (or most) really want to help you and hope for you to understand their subjects along with what is going on outside of the school.