Terrell, TX
Southwestern Christian College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Christian College

Shanelle

Southwestern Christian College, is a great institution to attend.it has really shaped and molded me into a better person of the past two years. if you are looking for a small family based school where you can get the help that you really need, I would recommend starting there.

For over the years, our tradition is to reunite ensembles and sing in the chorus room.

The most common stereotype at my school is that, if you are a athlete, then you must not be christian, and there mostly everyone is Church of Christ but if they play starts the stereotype is that they must be baptist. Although, no this stereotype is not accurate, because there have been plenty of athletes who were christian, and attended service on the regular.

The most popular organization is CKI, which stands for Kiwanis International, where we learn to network and serve the community in a more business like world. I took the initiative of building my own organization, called, RamDrive Producations," where we simply share our love for media and the arts. We have produced various of presentations around and off campus. Our ratings are really popular. There is always someone trying to get in the camera when they see us coming!!! We are also Church of Christ based, and we sing A Capella goespel, and there is a popular group on campus which I am a part of, called, "Summer Tour." This passed summer, I had the opportunity of travelling the West Coast for 30 days with nine other singers! Our student government organization is very popular as well.

Academic ratings at my school are really great.

Aeriol

I would tell myself first slow down and enjoy all aspects of high school. Make sure you listen, learn and practice your Math and English and don't take the quick way out ask questions. Set your life goals and with baby steps achieve them. Don't rush into having a family if it happens beyond your control take it and use as a stepping stone. Being independent is fine but too much pride and you fall, but now I know you must get up and keep moving. I know now you must if all possible go to college right after high school. and don't be afraid to talk to school counselors about your struggling in your classes and ask what programs are offered to help you. Since being in college I do go back and analize my life and mistakes and I share my life story with other high school seniors including my own grandchildren and try to help change their thoughts and mentor them to achieve a positive outlook on life. My goal now with the youth I work with at church and on campus where I do tutoring is try to save at least one.

The best thing for me about my school is the christian foundation it was started on, and the small classes. When I fist came to Southwestern some 20 years ago I took ill and after a semester at school and I left not knowing if i would ever accomplish that goal of first child of my mother to get a college degree. As time went on I returned back and they welcomed me with open arms even being older and having a diagnosed cognitive learning disorder, they helped me graduate and I even got to live in the dorms.

A person who wants a good education with Church of Christ or religion basis. When you come to Southwestern you have to know also yes it is christ centered,but every student may not be a christian. I reccomend a student who is focused and matured enough to set and achieve the goals they came to college for and be serious about their education. College is not high school or a day care most of your success is knowing why you came and Professors don't give grades, but you make your grades. We do have madatory chapel daily.

Jalon

To learn as much as I can possiblity learn beacuse the real world doesnt stop for any one person and it is a great oppurtunity to further education definitely in todays society. Repetition is the key to learning and without knowledge your left with nothing.

THe worst thing about my school is in my opinion nothing and why because we are in school to learn and transit into adults. The higher learning is the advantage that alot of people dont consider but should due to other countries dont have the same privilage as us in the united states.

The kibnd of person that shouldnt attend this school is the ones that arent fully dedicated to learning, due to it would be a waist of time and money.

Phillip-Mychael

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a few pieces of advice for college life. One piece of advice I would give myself is to try harder to meet deadlines. I almost missed a few deadlines and if I did not then I could have been in a better place. Another piece of advice I would give myself is to apply for more scholarships. At the time, I did not feel the urge to apply for scholarships or grants. If I would have done that then I would be in this school free of charge. As opposed to around $5000 in debt because I had to take out a loan. In addition, I would tell myself to take at least one challenging class. I find school boring and uninteresting and I feel if I had taken a challenging class then I might have been a little invested in excelling at the course. These are a few pieces of advice I would give to myself as a senior in high school.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known how limiting the school is. There are not that many classes and extra ciriccular activities. A majority of the classes offered are bible classes. Since neither I or many other students are not a bible majors, it would have made sense to put in other classes for others in this catagory. Besides bible study, there are not many things to do after classes as well. These are just some of the things I wish I had known before I came to this school.

One of the worst things about my school is the environment. In the city of Terrell, where the college is, there are not many things to do. Personally, the only thing I have seen is a pool hall. Other than that, there is just a lot of places to eat and stores to shop in. There is not a mall or a movie theater in the town either. If there was something to do in the city, then it would not be so bad. This is probably one of the worst thing about the school.

Sabrina

The description I would give to my school would be very organized because even though one of the buildings were burnt down they still managed to take care of the students.

As a high school senior, I had my mind made up that I would do my best to become a nurse, that is why I'm attending Southwestern Christian College to complete my basics. If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would concentrate on applying for scholarships to have money for college. I'm currently working hard trying to win scholarships so I would not have to struggle to pay for college myself. I have been very dedicated to my education and getting my career. I want to be able to hold my head up high in success. Now knowing that I could have gotten scholarships from some high school activities, I would have found more activities in high school so that I could receive scholarships. As a senior in high school, I joined Key Club with my friends. At the time I was in it, I really didn't know much about it. I didn't participate enough to get a scholarship, but if I could go back in time I would do my best and participate in every event as possible.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the other students I'm surrounded. I live on campus and whenever I try to study or sleep, most girls like to be noisy by running up and down the halls yelling. Sometimes my roommate like to have her friends in the room whenever i like to be alone. In addition, my roommate also had enemies who would try to pick on her until one day she had enough which caused the conflict to escalate and disturb me out of my sleep.

Southwestern Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.