Canton, IL
Spoon River College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spoon River College

Cassidy

Spoon River College prepares you for transferring to any university. The professors and administration really try to help the student population in any way they can. It is a clean, safe and smoke-free environment that is inviting to many. It is a little college in a cornfield that helps meet your goals for the future.

It's good junior college. The class sizes are relatively small, so you shouldn't be afraid to ask questions or participate. Professors are willing to help out in any way they can. They're also very understanding if you have to miss class, especially since everyone commutes. The workload isn't bad, and it's definitely a good stepping stone for the increase in workload one will experience at a 4-year university.

Chelsea

I can easily say my school was the best after high school choice for me, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who qualified!

College is not like high school. Your favorite English teacher, who was your mentor, will not be available on any given lunch break. But she will be available anytime you have the time to write her an email. Just like there will be room in your life for new mentors. Really think about what you want to get out of your college experience. Use your sources. I cannot tell you how detrimental it was to my colleg success to annoy the hell out of my financial aid advisor! It is scary to admit you don't always know what you are doing. But most people will not know you need help unless you tell them. Be nice and helpful to everyone, unless it compromises your morals. Everyday ask yourself, "what can I do to make my life easier?" If you know you dont do well in chemistry (which you should by now) then take the time to join a study group. Just like high school and every other major life experience, college can be summed up with this quote from Anothony Robbins, ?If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.?

The best part about Spoon River College is the "safe" feeling you have here. We are the smallest community college in Illinois and most instructors know most of the students by name. The same can be said about the financial aid and student advisors. Everybody is very friendly and it easy to make friends here. You will also see many of the same students in a lot of the classes which makes it easier to work in groups or ask for help. It is a great transition from high school to a four year college!

I would tell myself not to apply to a college on a whim because you think you may want to do something, especially if it isn't something you do all the time. Don't assume you want to do something just because you like the idea of it. Apply and attend a small community college first to get your basic studies out of the way and save yourself a lot of money that you can use for your four-year degree. Doing this will give you time to figure out what you want to do with your life and you won't be as pressured to do certain requirements for a career that you probably won't want to do next month.

I have nothing to complain about with my school. It has several very convienent locations and the class sizes are very small and there is a lot of one on one with students.

Anyone can attend this school. The price is very low compared to most colleges. I actually recommend that students in the area should attend Spoon River College first, before they go to a four-year school.

My School is best known for the small class sizes and the more one on one time with instsructor. It is also known for having the newest technology.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself alot of information about college. I would tell mysef to start applying for scholarships do not wait around to do it. I would also tell myself to start visiting four year colleges my senior year and start applying to them because after my two year community college I have to go to a four year university to complete my bachelor's degree. I would tell myself to become more involved in different organizations and start saving money. There is so much you need to know about college and need to prepare for college and you need to start planning when you are in high school so then you do not get behind and you also have a fair chance.

The best thing about school is the rewards that come with it. It may seem stressful and tough at times but in the long run the rewards are endless. When you accomplish an A in a class or an B than it makes you feel really good about yourself. Learning new things and taking different classes every semester is also awesome because you get an opportunity to become more aware of new things.

Spoon River College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.