Chattanooga, TN
Tennessee Temple University

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Tennessee Temple University

Heather

When I was a high school senior, I was dual enrolled for college full-time. The advice I would give my past self would be not to base my major on job opportunity and income prospects, but instead to seek out my passion, and then choose a major. I made the mistake of rushing into college thinking I wanted a career in Computer Information Systems. I never asked my heart for its input. After freshman year in college, I realized I wanted to become a teacher. Once I confirmed that decision through classroom experience, I never looked back. I am on my way to becoming an educator, but because I pushed myself before I was ready, I have faced many struggles, many tears, and alot of confusion. I wish I could have spared myself the finanical troubles by entering a teacher education program in Georgia, but by the time I realized this, it was too late. Only Tennessee schools would work with the credits I had to keep me on track for graduation. I have had to take credit hour overloads every semester, but I know in the end, it will all be worth every bit of the tough times.

The ONLY downside to Temple to me is the fact that they are only nationally accredited through TRACS. Regional accreditation would be preferable. I hope they are working towards accreditation with SACS, but that could be a few more years.

I have never experienced such a caring family atmosphere like I receive at Tennesee Temple. The professors and staff are always readily available and they will bend over backwards to help a student in any needs they may have. Temple is a great school that has encouraged me to get involved more than I ever have been.

Bob

It is a Chistian school based upon the Baptist church that has an excellent acedemic and moral standards that prepares the student in intellectual and spritual matters.

When I think of my college experience at Tennessee Temple University I think of the words: discipline, challenge and growth. In order to meet the challanging academic and ministerial requirements as well as working a job I had to disipline my time and resources to the best of my ability. Needless to say I was challanged like never before to study and perform like never before. Although it was difficult I pursued to the end and received a degree and found that I had grown intellectually and as an individual as well as spirtually. Now, as an older adult, 29 years later, I am pursuing a totally unrelated career in Nuclear medicine the principles and study habits and disipline I learned from this experience will no doubt be of great benefit.

Any person who does not have strong Christian beliefs and doesn't hold a fundamendalist view of the Bible and traditional Christian way of life.

Erin

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, this would be my conversation. Erin, Don't worry about finding your true love at this time, focus on you and your career goals. Work hard during high school and apply to schools that you feel you may not be accepted to, you can't be accepted if you don't apply. Once you have reaced your freshman year of college, don't worry about making the best grades. Rather, worry about learning the material not just for the test but for life. You'll need the information for the last test as well as the first test, it's all cumulative. Leave your options open, if your not certain about your future career take course that will apply to another degree as well. Always use the free resources that the school gives you, your paying for it in tuition- take advantage of it. When you pass a course take time to celebrate and then get right back into the grind. Have one study partner you can count on, rather than several that may never show up. Make it fun, it pays off!

Tiffany

I would tell my self to rest a bit before taking on college. I find myself being stressed out most of the time over one thing or another and taking a rest would have been good. Also I would have told my self to fill out a lot of scholarship applications so that I would have less to worry about in the way of money. It is also hard being away from home so much. I find it hard being away from my parents so much. I would probably spend more time with them if I could change things. The last thing I would tell myself would be to learn how to study. I have found it hard to transition from the way I studied in high school to the way I need to study in college.

I like the small classroom sizes and the closeness of the students here at Tennessee Temple University. I like the fact that you get more help on assignments if you need it. The teachers here are great about helping with the homework and if the teacher is unavalible then the librarian is more than happy to help.

I wish I had known how expensive school was and worked on getting scholarships sooner. I started working on scholarships in highschool but then realized I would not need them at the small community college I planned on attending at the time. Now I hardly have any scholarships and am having to take out some loans.

• $0

Tennessee Temple University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.