The University of Texas at San Antonio Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at San Antonio

Jacqueline

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a college student's dream. Every resource imaginable is available for students at UTSA, including a tutoring center for free. It is a safe and intellectually stimulating university, that has helped thousands of students reach their dreams.

Antelia

i love it :)

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a great school. I live off campus and I love how I can get to school in just 15 minutes with no problem. The parking lots are a little far from the buildings but they have shuttles going around every five minutes that take you straight to the campus which is great since it is a huge time saver when you are running late.

Emma

This school has opened u;p many opportunities for my major and has given me so many friends and the place to go to when i need a place to finish homework or study for a test. The University of Texas at San Antonio is very much active with events so there is always something to do on campus. The school has done a great job to help most of the students here feel right at home, away from their home.

Delailah

This school is extremely great. Honestly, I hesitated to go here, only because I had my heart set elsewhere, but this was no regret. It's home away from home and an amazing school. The people, the atmosphere and the faculty is superb. UTSA is a great school and I absolutely love it.

DeWayne

It's a nice school overall. I will admit, I hadn't heard much about it initially before deciding to attend the university, but once I actually did my own research, I was pleasantly surprised. The food is really good while maintaining a variety of options on campus, the campus living is acceptable, and the entire university is feet away from a large mall complex filled with stores and restaurants. The classes aren't too large, but even the classrooms on the larger end are still completely bearable.

Sasank

My overall opinion would be that despite it not being a top-tier university, I believe that this university has great potential. The food is great, the culture here very cognizant of the student's wellbeing such as the counseling center, and puts studies first. Finally, this is a great school to attend if you are looking University with youthful vibrancy and with some sort of party culture, but not too much to the point where it hinders studying.

Tiwa

The campus is medium sized relatively not too large and not too small. There are about 33,000 students which includes commuters. The campus has nice scenery. They recently cut down on a couple of college of liberal and fine arts majors which reduced available classes that students could take. Despite that UTSA is a nice school that has many opportunities to be be socially active through different organizations.

Kaitlyn

The University of Texas at San Antonio isn't just a school its a home. Everyone is so polite and welcoming from day one. As a campus they, as a whole encourage student involvement and wish the best for their peers. I am an off campus student but actually look forward to going to school everyday.

Alyssa

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a safe and fun place to learn. There are so many different ways to get involved on campus making everyone feel welcome. The professors are knowledgeable and always ready to help a struggling student and there are many opportunities to get extra help in any subject.

David

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a diverse school with an incredible structure of networking and connection to the outside world. Academically, there are various resources whether it's tutoring or attending an SI session, you are guaranteed a quality education. Although a fairly large school, The University of Texas at San Antonio treats every student as a distinct individual.

Robecca

The University of Texas at San Antonio has recently changed to a research university. Most experienced professors have learned to balance effective teaching and research. some of the newer teachers have come up with innovative and interactive teaching models. My overall experience is positive.

C.

UTSA is a cost effective public 4-yr institution. It has decent academics, although I would not call it a prestigious institution. It's a growing university with future Tier One potential, but it seems to have been pursuing this status for quite some time without success. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and both social and academic extra-curricular activities abound. The student population is growing quickly, and with the growth comes the requisite growing pains of sometimes overburdened instructors and oversized classes. In all, it is still value for money as a learning institution.

Eduardo

The University of Texas at San Antonio is of one of the top tier institutions known to the international community and truly a blessing to my higher education. Here, I've been blessed with an opportunity of a change for a modest cost, the professors are diligent, acknowledging, convenient and prosper. It's amazing to walk onto a beloved campus where I'm welcome and able to engage with others having similar goals with little to no problems at all. I'm hoping together along with our Roadrunner family, we'll inspire young pursuers that they have a chance of a lifetime ahead of them and that we shall reach our goals together as a Roadrunner family united. I believe I shall succeed beyond my success here at the University of Texas at San Antonio, Now and forever I am a Roadrunner. Get Rowdy!

Latrell

Not too bad. It's a very chill campus if you want it to be. We're big on sports and academics alike. The campus isn't very hard to navigate either. Most walks are straight-shots. There are clubs for many to join so you aren't bored and they have activities year-round.

Miranda

It is an amazing school with many opportunities being thrown your way constantly. My mother went to this school and she loved it. My older brother also attends and we have never had a problem with being able to contact professors. I like that although there is inevitably big college parties its not the only thing everyone wants to talk about. Most students are very focused on their goals and education.

Ryan

My overall opinion of The University of Texas at San Antonio is that it is great campus and a great community to be at to learn and live. I have many friends that would agree that the campus is growing and developing with the modern age. Also, there is always something to see that is interesting and fun on the campus whether intellectual or just plain old fun and silly. I am glad and proud to be a student at The University of Texas at San Antonio. I am a roadrunner now and forever.

Destiny

everything here is great!!! there are so many different opportunities for all kinds of people!!! there are so many clubs for people who have different hobbies, and the intramural sports are awesome too!!! this university is the perfect fit for anyone who is thinking of coming here!!

Kaitlyn

I love the University of Texas at San Antonio. Initially, I was skeptical in attending, however, after my first semester, I have grown to love it. I appreciate the people and the whole community of the college. Its an amazing school that I plan to continue my education at.

Laila

It’s a beautiful campus and the professor make sure we are getting involved on campus. There are also a lot of resources available to us. There are free tutors, there are staff members that will help you prepare for a job interview. They also help you get jobs. There are many helpful resources that student here can take advantage of.

Anthony

I believe that the University of Texas at San Antonio, is overall a very fine and organized school, there is so many groups or clubs to join, that you have to go out of your way to feel excluded from campus life. The Professors at the university, seem very approachable and kind. I definitely look forward to becoming a future roadrunner.

Renae

If one gets involved with the community, it is a good college to attend. There are plenty of events going on around the campus, both main and downtown. The main downside would be the lack of parking spaces, there seems to be more people than available parking slots.

Vanessa

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a place you can meet new people and have intelligent conversations with anyone you meet. It also a place where you feel safe no matter what part of the campus you are on thanks to the on campus police station. It has great facilities my personal favorite is their library because their study rooms that you could call dibs on for free. Overall I really love being a roadrunner so far and I look forward to the next couple of years here.

Kess

UTSA has made me feel like I am apart of a huge family and I haven't even started yet. I just went to orientation for Fall 2017 and the students and staff were absolute down to earth and are willing to help anyone. The campus is very beautiful and clean.

Kaelyn

I absolutely love this school i’m so excited to be going to such a great school close to home. The students are welcoming and very nice. The campus is beautiful and there’s always something to do. There’s always help and faculty is very warming, they try their best to help you with anything you have questions about.

Daniel

The university of Texas at San Antonio is a great school to attend. In this school students are able to gain life time friends but also learn about the world that they will soon be a part of. Learning to cooperate with other to attain the goal that is finishing college and excelling in your major or field. This university also has plenty of clubs and sports events to keep the competitiveness to a high. My overall opinion of this university is that it would be a great environment for any student to go to and attend.

I love UTSA. We are a very diverse campus and because of that we pride of ourselves in the rich culture that creates among us. It is pretty and there are lots of trees to hang a hammock on. We definitely need better food on campus, but other than that, there is something for everyone.

Abby

In my opinion, The University of Texas at San Antonio is great for all students looking to pursue any academic field they desire to study. The campus life and overall atmosphere that is presented through faculty and staff, is very welcoming and the staff is always willing to be supportive and help any way that they can. Great success comes along with the great experience that many have here at UTSA!

Victoria

While the academics and professors conjure up mixed feelings, one common consensus should be that both are fairly good. The real problem lies with housing and the dining hall. The on-campus dorms often leave people in a tolerate-it or hate-it state. While I personally have not lived off campus, I have heard from the surrounding complexes they also have mixed reviews, but the lower reviews mostly come from the places that are less high-end and directly on campus or right next to it. It all seems too expensive for the quality of what is given, but I understand that two out of three on campus dorms are a mock mini-apartment style. Now the dining hall; sometimes there is good food, excellent and tasty food, however I personally find the food to be limited and not too appealing most days. They do listen to students, however, and I am grateful for that. Now we have a delicious smoothie bar! Also, it helps the library has a food court with various food chains available too, just be mindful of the hours. The clubs are also something to marvel at. A wide range of clubs are available! However, many seem to be religious organizations or pre-[enter occupation] societies, but at least they are available for you. The athletics are another interesting topic. The football team keeps things exciting and pre-celebrating home games on campus by way of mini-games is fun and super engaging. Overall, certain areas could improve, but academically speaking the school is good and is proud to display its diversity.

celeste

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a very welcoming school. It's not a huge campus so you feel right at home. Moving from the moderately small city of Mcallen, Texas to San Antonio is a huge culture shock, but the UTSA campus, staff, and student make you feel very welcome and not afraid.

Destiny

The University of Texas has been an extremely diverse and engaging school. There has not been a moment that i did not feel at home or uncomfortable. There is always an event going on and there is definitely ALWAYS school spirit. I am more than proud to be a roadrunner.

Damian

It is one of the best campuses i have ever been to. I have been involved in the campus at a young age and every summer that I went I felt at home. Even through all the stress the campus is always a fun place to be and meet new people like you. I am glad to be enrolled.

I chose The University of Texas at San Antonio because the whole campus is beautiful, the people and professors are kind, and overall UTSA is a great college to apply to and go to for a post-secondary education. I would definitely recommend UTSA to anyone looking to go to college.

Adriana

I’m from a small rural town and this university is just perfect! I’m very impressed by all the details. From the library to the dorms. I hope to learn how to navigate the campus on my own and take advantage of all the opportunities presented here at UTSA. I can’t wait to get my education going here. Forever a roadrunner!

Andres

The University of Texas at San Antonio is an up-and-coming school with a lot to offer. Everyday you could meet someone new from a location on the map you've never been or even heard of! Every Roadrunner is full of pride for UTSA and excited for their future. The best part is that you will for sure find a like-minded friend to help you along!

Confused, I often whispered my greatest fears within me as I filled out my application for The University of Texas at San Antonio. My mother urged me to stay close to home and although the vastness of the world awaited me, I knew I wanted to stay with her just a little longer. "Your application is submitted," my computer screen blared. A short sense of relief overcame me as I was left to wait. Soon, an opportunity was sent in the mail, a choice to say, "I accept," or "I decline." This blissful offer drew a smile on my face as I shrieked in excitement, "I am accepted!" Visions of my future danced in my head as I understood the importance of this unpackaged envelope. How could I not love the school, that believed in my when I was unsure? With the beautiful structure which stood still overnight while I go home and rest my weary mind but is always there the next day waiting to educate me. I am so lucky to attend such an infatuating campus gorged with wonderful people. With heart absorbed of appreciation and a degree which bounds me in to legitimacy, I honor The University of Texas at San Antonio.

Xavia

Overall I think that The University of Texas at San Antonio is a very good school. It is a very diverse school, including a little bit of everything, making every single person on campus feel comfortable. The university also has lots of clubs and organizations to keep its students involved and active. The professors are very nice and considerate of how busy your schedule can be as a college student. Many of the classes also have specific tutors for the class to help ensure that you understand the covered material.

Daniella

UTSA is a diverse school that is a good option for students who want to complete higher education but can't afford pricy schools. The class options are adequate but I feel that there should be more options for student majors. I love the atmosphere and many people on campus are willing to help each other out.

Michael Paul

UTSA is a great school in a great location. They offer plenty of things to do on the weekends and have a ton of ways to get involved on campus with a variety of clubs and organizations. It is a pretty new school so a lot of buildings are new or just being built .

Lydia

This University has a special place in my heart and always will. At UTSA, the student body is my family. I feel at home everyday that I'm on campus. Every student and staff member is so welcoming and friendly that it encourages me to be a better person. Once a roadrunner, always a roadrunner!!!

Destiny

As a junior student who manages to balance school, social life, and work; UTSA makes it pretty susceptible to those of us with busy schedules to fit in, allowing a range of activities throughout the days. Although we are a newer university that was established in 1969, our campus is growing steadily every day by creating new organization, expanding major options, and even growth by campus size. I feel our campus can easily be overlooked because of Texas's many big name colleges such as UT, Texas Tech, or A&M. But at the pace we're going I'm most positive we will get there in hopes of being a Tier One University or even succeeding those whom we look up to! UTSA is a great example of an evolving sister school and to understand the ways of a roadrunner you have to believe in our potential and be willing to grow with us as a community! Go Roadrunners!

Gavin

Very good social work program

Jonathan

i like the main campus a lot it makes u feel like everyone are friends there and that everyone cares about you a lot and also there give their best for students to learn the right stuff and be ready to go work out in the fields. Also i love the colors and how the campus looks.

Tina

When I visited The University of Texas at San Antonio, I felt like I was right at home. The college students were kind and one of them was generous enough to answer questions and give some advice.

Wilfredo

I chose to enroll in The University of Texas at San Antonio because it is renowned to be an exemplary school. In my opinion, this is nothing but the truth because being a freshman has never felt so rigorous and demanding yet fun and enjoyable. Class environment, student life, and overall campus setting is perfect for me.

stephanie

UTSA is a very diverse and well-rounded university. The facilities are beautiful and always maintained. There are plenty of opportunities for extracurriculars. The professors are top notch. I've always felt safe around campus, even when studying at the library during late hours.

rodolfo

its a nice college. the people are friendly, the staff is accessible. parking is terrible but thats in almost every college campus. the dorms could be cleaner and upgraded, as well as some of the class rooms. the professors know there stuff and are helpful.

Oziegbe

The university of Texas at San Antonio is a great learning community. Located on the outskirts of San Antonio away from the busy traffic and hassles. It is boosted by the presence of some amazing lecturers in its rank. Awesome staff members always willing to help, the school is not lacking in facilities for efficient and conducive learning experience.

McKenzie

UTSA is a great school to go to. There are A TON of extracurricular activities, so if you are looking for a school where you can get involved, this is definitely for you. Some of the buildings are older and could use some updating. My biggest complaints are lack of parking, and only having one required class offered per semester when there are many students needing to take the class/classes and are unable to because only one is offered.

It is an amazing campus and i feel very much at home considering the fact i live 4 hours away. The professors, counselors, and other students who attend the University have such great positive energy . They have a large amount of clubs, sports, and there are definitely many ways to be involved with the school. I highly recommend this school to any other incoming freshman this year.