The University of Texas at San Antonio Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at San Antonio

Seen too many instances of departmental administration helping students cheat to take them seriously anymore. Grades of students I taught who refused to turn in any work were curved 3 letter grades to keep up with graduation rate. If you get stuck with a department with poor ethics, you could have upwards of a year wasted being made to clean up their messes.

Balfour

Walking the campus of UTSA was a great experience! I've heard great things about the school before going to check it out, but when i did it was outstanding! The campus is beautiful, the social life of the students was fun and it is a very welcoming campus. The staff are very nice and they are there to do there best and help you. That is why this school deserves a high rating, and i don't even go there yet!

Jeevanthika

The University of Texas at San Antonio is an awesome college to attend for both academics and student life. There are resources on every corner to help students succeed. The library is open late into the night for students to study when needed and the school even offers free mental health services and academic counseling. I believe the best part about this campus is that there is help for any of my needs from academics, social, and basic survival needs. I truly do believe UTSA takes care of its students.

Jasmine

I thought that I wouldn’t like UTSA at first but I have really grown to love it this past semester. Why you may ask? It’s cause it really made me feel like I was back at home even though I wasn’t. The campus isn’t really too big so you won’t really ever be late to your classes. On top of that the professors there are absolutely amazing.

Lauryn G.

The University of Texas at San Antonio is by far the most cultural accepting, inspiring school I have ever some across. Visiting the campus once made me know right in the moment that this university is my ultimate dream school to pursue my dream job.

Carolina

I am a visitor of The University of Texas at San Antonio and plan to attend in the fall. I am overall satisfied with my experience on the campus and because of this i plan to attend the university. My family and friends encourage my decision and feel comfortable in my decision to attend.

Carina

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a very cozy school. The students are extremely friendly here. You will come across people who hold the door open for you every day. They will also start up a conversation with you, even if they don't know you, whether it is at office hours, the Roadrunner Cafe, or the laundry room. Joining campus organizations is another great way to meet people. In some, people treat you like you're already friends. I also liked most of my professors, but they are usually rated the top professors on RateMyProfessors. I did have one who looked down on students. (She was given a lower rating.) Some did not seem approachable in class, but they were kind and caring during office hours. A few have remembered my name or at least my face and said hey to me outside of class. I have gotten help from them applying to a study abroad program and to other colleges, and a few have inspired me to declare my major and minor. I am genuinely sad when the semester ends and I realize I will no longer be in their classes. Doing well academically at UTSA requires effort and time, but it is not spectacularly difficult looking back on it. Students here are not usually studious, so it is stressful when group members procrastinate until the last minute or don't complete the work at all. It is the major down side of UTSA and the reason why I am considering transferring. Because my roommates often watch movies or have people over and friends often invite me to hang out, it can be difficult to feel motivated to study. I've had a few other (minor) problems I've had in my year at UTSA: When calling to inquire about topics such as advising or records, I am put on the phone with a student that doesn't know the answer to my question. However, those who are not student workers help out a lot. I do also wish that the main campus was Downtown for more recreational activities within a walking distance, but people will carpool in organizations for those who do not have a car. In summary, the University of Texas at San Antonio offers a great college experience, but many students don't put in the required work for their classes.

Kareem

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a money making institution, established to primarily make money, whether you get your degree or not. Keep in mind, there are resources available to help you prosper academically but if you don't take advantage of resources such as the JPL, the Q-Lab, and the Thomas Rivera Tutoring Center, then you may find your stay at this university may be more challenging than expected.

Kaylee

Great University. I never had any problems or major issues here. The library was great, the facilities nice, and the professors great. I would go back to get my masters here but I moved across the country. I definitely recommend giving it a try or at least a visit.

Anastasia

The University of Texas at San Antonio is an excellent university for anyone looking to attend a school full of diversity and rich in culture. There are hundreds of clubs and organizations on campus to join, so you're bound to fit in somewhere with people that have similar interests to yours. The food on campus is fantastic! There are a handful of restaurants on campus at a reduced price for students, along with the Roadrunner Cafe, which is a cafe full of food prepared freshly everyday. The dorms and living facilities are great and there is always someone on stand-by to assist you with your daily living needs. Overall, UTSA is the place for you if you're looking to have a memorable college experience!

Lillie

I really enjoy going to school here. The curriculum is generally easy to understand, most of the professors are understanding and kind, and the campus is pretty. The diversity of this campus is highly profound as well, which is nice. There is a sense of unity here.

tiffany

UTSA is an excellent place to receive an education. I enjoyed my time there, and made a number of friendships that are ongoing. My degree has propelled me to a solid career. I was in the Honors College, and found the curriculum rigorous, and my peers accomplished. It has been satisfying to see the surge in school spirit lately, and the number of students that now live on campus. Go Runners!

Cassie

Great university with a diverse range of students and great professors who are willing to help students outside of class to help better them for their careers. There is a great atmosphere on campus as there are many organizations and extra curricular acitvitites to join and meet many people and make new friends. On campus housing and off campus housing are really close in proximity to everything on campus and most off campus housing provides shuttle transportation to campus.

Selene

The University of Texas at San Antonio is such a welcoming place. The environment, the people, and the energy here is absolutely incredible. There's always events going on here on campus set up by different organizations, who want to get everyone involved.

I feel that this campus is a great place to learn more about yourself and others. Attending this University has allowed for me to meet amazing new people and learn so much about myself that I never knew before. Being apart of this university is such a blessing and I wouldn't trade this experience for any other.

Phuong-Thao

The campus is a beautiful place, where not only one can get an education but they can also feel free to be theirselves. Meeting new people from other cities and states it’s an overall wonderful school anyone can ask for. With all the resources they provide it’s just a really great university.

Ginell

It is a great place to go to school. The location is excellent, facility is nice. Students are great. I’ve lived in on campus housing for a year, and it was decent. The cafe was nearby, so I was never hungry. The food at the cafe was alright, sometimes they had good food but other times it was average. The transportation is helpful for when students have to go downtown. Classes overall are also good. Some are harder than others, which is normal.

amadjo joseph paule

i really like my school i met great people overthere . There are students from all over the US that come here. It's a really good school to come to.there are also a little expensive apartment wchich is not to bad because we have the shuttle every 10 min

Shelby

The University of Texas San Antonio has brought nothing but joy and happiness into my life. Ever since deciding to attend UTSA I've made great friends and have connected with many of the professors. This university is educationally drawn, it has so many extra help programs to encourage success at the university and offers cash to those who complete college at the university in 4 years.

Tyler

The university of texas at san antonio has excellent support for all manners of students, whether they be athletes, scholars or artists. The professors and faculty provide great opportunities for students to succeed. The recreation center has an extensive amount of equipment and trips available for students to explore local nature sights.

Aranza

UTSA is an incredible university that in my opinion goes very overlooked. The academics are incredible and the professors (for the most part) are super helpful, outgoing, accessible, and genuine about their incentives to teach and help students excel in their future.

Gillian

It has a very homey feel. It is very calm and cool. There are a variety of people, both interesting and nice. I enjoy all the fun events that are available​ to partake in during the week. There is always something fun to do. The only thing is that there is not a lot of school spirit which is the main reason why I am trying to transfer.

Kevin

I am an incoming freshman to the UTSA college and will be attending during the fall of 2017. I have visited the campus many times, and the large campus yet controllable class size is an extremely preferable aspect of the school. I have no care for the extracurricular activities, sororities, sports, or parties that may occur, yet I am most certainly interested in the academics. For me, personally, I chose this college due to their having of a degree in actuary science. The academics is certainly a plus to me, with all else as the icing on the orange and black cake!

Tytiana

I started at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) in the fall of 2017 as a freshman, I had never really been to San Antonio and I knew no one. Going in I was terrified I thinking to myself “everything is going to be okay. Going to college is your key to freedom”, even though I was 6 hours from home, no friends, no car, and basically on my own. To my surprise, when I arrived on campus it felt like home immediately and everyone was so nice! The first week of school is called Roadrunner week, it’s like a big party for an entire week to welcome you to UTSA. One of the biggest things they advocate for is student equality and they have no tolerance for discrimination. They put up these posters all over the campus of students from different backgrounds and races to showcase our beautiful diversity. I’ve never had a moment where I’ve felt uncomfortable or discriminated against on campus, I think that’s an important aspect. UTSA has a fun way of letting us balance work and play. On the play side of things, it seemed as though every other week they would have different events including free food, games, prizes and even concerts. On the work side, they had specialized centers equipped to help you with all of your school troubles and Supplemental Instruction teachers for classes that have an iconic fail rate. They also have amazing consolers who help with everything ranges from mental issues to learning time management. There’s almost no reason you shouldn’t pass a class as long as you take advantage of the free academic opportunities that they offer. The professors that I’ve had were very approachable, understanding, and helpful. I've never had a bad experience with a professor and they’ve always done everything they can to help me succeed I the class. Overall, I’d say that UTSA is an amazing university for those who would want diversity, motivated when it comes to studying and like a fun and friendly atmosphere.

Mariane

In my opinion, the University of Texas at San Antonio is pretty great. This is my first semester here and I love the atmosphere, not too quiet and not to rowdy (pun intended). The students are very respectful and active in not only extracurriculars, but in their own studies. The Student Teachers that are available in most classes are very helpful and have set times for outside-of-class reviews and the professors are very easy to talk to and contact if students ever have any questions. The academic advisors and the staff at OneStop Enrollment are just as helpful too, they're always open to lend a helping hand for any situation.

Alyssia

I believe the campus has a lot of potential. Always fun things to do on campus, maybe too many. One thing though, of my five professors I feel only 2 come prepared with information. I think the classes would be more enjoyable if the professors put more effort into the classes I'm required to take so that it would allow me to feel better about a class I wish I didn't have to take in the first place.

Isabella

The University of Texas at San Antonio has been nothing but incredibly helpful. When I first got here I usually got lost, but there was ALWAYS someone there to help me. I felt welcomed almost immediately, and thats what made me want to be a part of UTSA forever. The school has a ton of opportunities to meet new people. Greek life has also helped me grow as a freshman because it made me talk to people I never thought I'd talk to. This school has really become a part of my life, and I would recommend this school to anyone.

Ayomide

Although i have only attended UTSA for one year and i will first say that they are very much-so family orientated and no student will ever feel lost in this university. While the service and food qualities are questionable, the university of san antonio ultimatele feel like a home away from home .

Tanesha

I really like this school. There is diversity and always something to do. The University of Texas at San Antonio is not sports oriented, but if you go to the games you can still have fun! This University has classes that can be challenging as well. Overall this is a good school to attend

isaac

Overall The University of Texas at San Antonio feels like a small community rather than a school. I feel safe everywhere I go and I never feel lost because everyone looks out for each other. A perfect school for first year or first generation students, plenty of clubs to feel welcomed by.

Angel

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a healthy, growing school. The are definitely some areas that need to be improved, but overall it is a top school in Texas. The opportunities at the university let you see how your growth can move beyond the classroom to real career opportunities. the Culture is great. The diversity of students is such an amazing thing to see and interact with. I am pleased with my decision to attend this university.

Nikholas

It's great. It's services are great, and there are a wide variety of majors to choose from. Classes are convenient as well, ranging from morning, after-noon, and evening/night hours. Plus, there is a main campus and a downtown campus. I plan to stay and graduate from this college.

Ramiro

I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it

Jade

I recently got accepted into UTSA and I am very excited to become an official student of the university. I have visited the campus before and it's amazing. There are so many organizations that you could get involved in that could make anyone's education experience more exciting and fun to be a part of. It's an excelling school in academics and I hope to receive a great education from all my future staff and professors. I am going to be an incoming freshman this fall and excited about it and believe anyone else that visits or applies there is too.

Chichebem

I love the campus and the people. The professors are very nice and super funny. On-campus housing suck, every appliance provided is always broken before you arrive. Other than housing, every thing else is great, there are so many activities and clubs you can get involved in.

Carolyn

UTSA is an amazing campus with so much to do! Since we are a young university currents students are helping build what UTSA will be know for years to come. It's a big school for sure but you don't get lost in the crowded because there is something for everyone here. It can be by joining a club, greek life, SGA, or so much more. UTSA is very diverse and worth looking into.

Marelyn

It is a great school with a diverse group of students and helpful teachers. I am very happy to be part of this school and wouldn't have picked anywhere else to go. I believe that diversity is an important aspect of college because people learn of other parts of the world shock leads to an open mind, so in UTSA, we have a lot of open-minded people.

Delphi

LOVED IT! I only wish they currently offered an online MBA. The school has grown so much since I was an undergrad; it looks amazing when I pass by on Loop 1604. The faculty was great and were always available, and the student life was fun. I never really partook in extracurricular activities, but the football team didn't exist back then.

Angelica

Overall, I think UTSA was a great school to attend for my undergraduate degree, but then again I have nothing to compare it to. The campus itself is easy to navigate. Student life was pretty diverse and you make friends that you'll have for a lifetime. I'm a proud Roadrunner for life.

Giselle

It's a good school with multiple organizations and programs to help students adjust to the campus, I just wish there was a bigger variety of creative/ art focused clubs. Teachers can be accessible if you speak to them. Most items on campus are a bit pricey and parking is quite inconvenient.

Myzhane

It is a great school; not to big or to small. The people are nice and the professors are willing to help with any questions or concerns.

Delylah

UTSA is a university where everyone is diverse and blend well with each other. We gather as a group and as a family to the various events the campus holds. I could not be more proud to be a roadrunner. Everything UTSA has offered to me, has made me a well rounded person and ready to take on the real world.

Alexia

Being accepted to a top-tier research university has allowed me to be a part of an amazing student body that works hard to better our future. UTSA has many opportunities, for all students and all student bodies, to get involved and personally become a part of the campus.

Courtney

The University of Texas at San Antonio is overall a great school. We, as a community, overcome hardships (like new university presidents and budget cuts) very well. The student body is very supportive of one another in our own separate ventures. I'm glad to be a part of a school like UTSA.

Susan

My classes are usually great, very small which is what I like. The campus is also the perfect size, not too small not too big. The Rec Center is a great place to meet new people and to get more active. I transferred here so I live off campus and my apartment is nice. It's a good school that I'm happy I got into

Joanna

I am proud to say that I am a UTSA graduate and will be forever grateful. After attending school off and on for several years my GPA dropped significantly. I applied at UTSA with stipulations but was able to complete my classes, raise my GPA and graduate. Without the advisors, the Dean’s, the President, my classmates, and professors I would not have achieved my goal. UTSA accepted me and believed in me even when I didn’t believe in myself. The professors were always more than happy to help in any way as well as my advisor. Throughout the years of attending UTSA I have seen it grow in many ways to be a better school than I first attended. I am glad to have attended this school and have nothing but respect and appreciation for it.

Jackie

This University is a sound place to get your academics done in a timely manner without any serious distractions or obstacles. Help is offered all around and every time of personality can be met with many activities and club to partake in . Ive lived in San Antonio my while life so going to college in a city where Im from really came with its doubts, but UTSA managed to crush those doubts and made me feel more at home, or in a better sense, a home away from home.

Gabriela

This is an amazing school with so many opportunities to get involved on campus. This campus is very political with left and right groups arguing on grounds. There is a huge sports culture but academics is also really important. Most professors are good as I can tell so far. Expensive school but highly recommended.

Morgan

I absolutely love UTSA! There's always something to do on and off campus. People and culture here are just as good as the academics. Professors are pretty understanding and want their students to succeed in and out of the classroom. Highly recommend checking us out!

victoria

The University of Texas at San Antonio offers a safe environment and a welcoming environment for students of any background or ethnicity. Around every corner there is an emergency unit that allows students to receive help at the touch of a button, they can call for the specialized police force that is explicitly assigned to our school. We also provide hotlines if the students need to report a suspicious even anonymously and other lines for mental and physical health. From the moment we enter the university for orientation our even leaders immediately tell us how to operate the emergency units to call for help and give us a card for any hotlines we may need such as suicide, sexual assault, anonymous reporting, and even a direct line to the campus police. The university is also well kept and has plenty of on-campus activities that allow students to take an active role in our political protests, sports games, and opportunities that may enhance their resume for their career. Along with many clubs to choose from the college also has free tutoring services that are handpicked by the college staff and professors to guarantee the best possible experience for the student. This way we can make sure that the student will be receiving the help that is from a certified student or faculty member that has experience in the topic they are tutoring and will be given the most out of their session. This University's top priority is to take care of all students big or small in the best possible way. Whether this means that we need more health services or financial aid, the changes that must be made will not be postponed as the dean will act upon them immediately. Overall this college is very reliable for safety and study purposes, and it is a fantastic example of how a university should compose itself and care for its students.