Orrville, OH
University of Akron Wayne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Akron Wayne College

Gunnar

Its a great place to learn and engage in learning and studies. The professors are great and are easy to relate to because of similar lifestyles and curious everyday questions that one may not and not. I love debating as it challenges us but at the same time be respectful of each other. These professors are my role models and great people. The small campus makes it easy to find classes and not stress as much. I would recommend this school to any one looking to better themselves create a better life for themselves.

Andrew

It is a small campus, but I like it there. The buildings are great, and I've never met a professor that i didn't like. We sometimes have special events like culture week, and those are always fun to participate in. The food is wonderful here, a bit pricey but what college's food isn't?

Jenia

My overall opinion of the University of Akron Wayne College is that it isn't the right school for me. There are a lot of classes that are not offered on this campus for certain majors, and that is very frustrating. My initial major was EMT, but I had to change it when I found out that I would have to drive to Akron for my classes because barely any were offered at the Wayne Campus.

Miranda

Our school is a community school that is a great school to start off your beginning years financially before you transfer to another college to finish your last years. Also our school allows high school students for free attend there to start recieving credits and graduate college earlier while still in high school.

Growing up as a high school senior I was always treated like I was a nobody in school. I would try to take the harder classes to fit in and look smart, I would try to buy new clothes to fit the trand of the popular kids, and I would do anything to not be an outcast. I always felt like I was out of place with my fellow classmates treating me horrible. I guess in high school I focused more on others liking me than my own self. Now graduated and in college I come to realize that I am an independent young women who needs to focus on myself instead of others and what they think of me. So with knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would go back in time and tell myself that you should focus on you. No one should dress or act or be someone else they aren't just to impress others. It should not matter what others think about you because you are your own person and should live for yourself.

I knew I was going to be attending Wayne college just because I live very close to the school so the commute is great but I really wish that the school offered more degrees to choose from. By the orientation I thought Akron/Wayne college would have many degree choices to choose from.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would push myself harder getting bright future scholaship and apply for more scholarships that were availible. Score higher on ACT/SAT.

Gunnar

The university of akron wayne college is much smaller in size when it comes to other universities this helps greatly as you won't get lost easily and not know where your classes are. Since the campus is so small each student gets more personalized attention weither it be from the professors, or the tutors which helps greatly.

Relax and calm down it's just like high school but a little harder. If I can make a suggestion it is to go post secondary and get free books and tution and a jump on your career so when you fraduate it won't be as bad.

How expensive college really is. If I could go back in time I would have taken post secondary so that my books and college was free and I could have gotten a head start in my degree but whats done is done.

Keri

My classmates at the Univeristy of Akron Wayne College are extremely helpful.

My classmates at the Univeristy of Akron Wayne College are extremely helpful.

Durring the short time i have attended college, I have learned tremendous time management skills. I have also realized just how important it is to attend prerequisite courses. Prerequisite courses make the student become well rounded. I have actually discovered new areas of study that I enjoy. Attending college at University of Akron Wayne College has been an extremely valuable experience.

I Believe that anyone and everyone should attend this school.

Rebecca

I have met a diversity of people in the short time I have been at Wayne College, students just out of high school, single mothers looking to better themselves and students who are in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. I enjoy meeting new people and learning more about them, almost everyone has a story to tell!

Attending college has always been a dream of mine. I got married right out of high school and had plans on attending a local college, but when I got pregnant with my first child college had to be put on hold. Six years ago I got a divorce, and after working jobs that were less then stimulating, I decided to go back to school to recieve a college degree in the Social Work field. I enjoy learning new things. I will admit it has been hard since I have been out of school for 20 some years, but I will not give up, I am striving everday to do the best I can to meet my goal of being able to help people in our society that are in need.

Going to college has always been a dream of mine, but I did not want to attend a big college. My experience attending a smaller college has been easy and enjoyable. Everything you need is within a close walking distance such as; the library, the learning center, and the student life building where you can have lunch and relax in between classes. Attending a smaller college has benefits such as; smaller classes, which allows more one on one time with a professor if needed.

Lisa

I feel the most valuable thing I have gotten out of my college experience is the friendships I have made. They are the type of friendships that will last me a life time. Along with friendship I have learned how to take on more responsibility while being able to priorities them. In high school if you didn't turn something in or missed a test/quiz you had the teachers there to ask you when you wanted to make them up. In college if you miss a day of class it is your responsibility to get the notes and turn in any missed work. College has not only taught me how to priorities my assignments for classes but also stuff in my person life. Because of college I am able to be more productive with my time in and out of the class room.

When ever somenes askes why i chose Wayne. I give them two simple reasons, one because its cheap and two the student to teacher ratio is small.

Shirley

Getting a college experience is very important and so is laying the groundwork for networking for my future. I am meeting people now that I should stay in touch with by collecting emails and getting to know them, because I never know when I will need their sources of knowledge. It also has taught me that even though my daughter is getting ready to start grade school soon, that her education is even more important, because the foundation of an education is just as important as her education later in life.

I wish I knew more about the scholarships that I could try for and their deadlines.

How affordable it is and how easy it is to get to.

University of Akron Wayne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.