University of Idaho Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Idaho

Maesyn

The University of Idaho has something for everyone. If you are not a sportsy person there is a huge art department to explore, or perhaps science is more your thing, whatever it is they have it. They also renovated most of the campus so all campus sidewalks are heated, the dorms are beautiful and up to date, and the buildings on the inside are modern but have that old-timey feel on the outside which is nice. If you like extracurricular activities UOI is the place to be. They have plenty of outdoorsy activities to participate in ranging from seasonal to all year round. Do you want to travel abroad? Your degree probably has a place or two to complete it outside of the USA. Either way, if you are looking for a more rustic feeling town with updated buildings and a plethora of degree options? The University of Idaho is the way to go.

Leslie

I am always finding myself falling more in love with the University of Idaho. I consider it my home away from home. I can't imagine myself anywhere else. The professors are always willing to help, all you have to do is ask! I could not have chosen a better school!

Peyton

The University of Idaho is a great place to pick as your 4 year "home" away from home. Wither you are in the dorms or part of the Greek life, you will find a place just for you. Although, I personally live in the dorms, I think the on campus living is above average and great way to spend your freshman year. I have met my best friends here and they all happen to be my roommates and floor mates. Tuition is reasonable, the only thing that financially gets you is the amount of money it costs to have access to online classes and books for class. Room and board; you can't really get out of your freshman year, but I am looking forward to seeing how off campus living is for next year. Financially it might be better for some than others, depending on your situation and if you have a job or workstudy. The farmers market in the spring and fall is the best! My roommates and I always woke up early on Satuday's to walk into town and get fresh fruit and handmade crepes for breakfast. The location of the campus to the rest of the town is super nice and makes it a great place for if you don't have a car and want to get out and take a break from studying. Overall, this campus is beautiful, it has great academics, and has the nicest people you will meet! I would 100% recommend this school to be at the top of your list! Go Vandals!

Max

I have been going to the University of Idaho for almost four years now, and I can say that it has a very safe campus, with many facilities for the students to use. There are also several areas with specialists whose job it is to help students with more difficult courses, and they work several hours a day.

Parker

I believe the University of Idaho is an excellent school with a multitude of opportunities and interactive events. Education comes first and they have the best hands on learning in the state. I would definitely encourage others to try their hand at gaining a higher education at the University of Idaho.

Lyndsey

The University of Idaho has a great mix of social life and academics. Living in the dorms, you quickly make friends as well as find people within your major that you can study with. There is always something going on on campus, there could be anything from a trivia night to a football game in the Kibbie Dome, and it's very easy to get involved.

Zion

The University of Idaho is an excellent university to attend. The professors are extremely engaged in class everyday, and they do a wonderful job of teaching the material in ways that all students can understand. Sitting in the small, rural town of Moscow, Idaho, the University of Idaho has several outdoor activities for outdoor lovers. Overall, the University of Idaho, although not perfect, does offer a safe and fun environment for individuals to receive a top-notch education while enjoying an atmosphere that they will fall in love with.

It's a really great school and I always feel at home here! The scenery around campus is nice, the food (and various options for food) is great, everyone is super friendly, and the campus staff are devoted to fostering a safe and inclusive environment. I'm only in my freshman year, but I can already tell I'm gonna be pretty sad to leave this place once I graduate.

Remington

Tucked away within the nutrient-losing conifers of Northern Idaho, the University of Idaho resides in Moscow. The town is the college. The activities, the apparel, the citizens, they're all modified by the university. Printing pressed foods, content.

Mallory

I love my school! A majority of my classmates feel the same way. The faculty are approachable, understanding, and involved around campus. I came to Idaho for the campus, the people, and the extremely comprehensive degree programs offered here. Housing is great on and off campus, though the dining hall could be improved. The campus has more hills than you think, but don't let that scare you away. I would still choose this school if I had to do it all over again. Go Vandals!

Madeline

It's a good, clean school with opportunities for lots of students to get an education in something they're really interested in. I noticed the school seems to have a lot headed for the agriculture scene and the library is well suited to handle any type of education.

Connor

Although I have only been a student here at the University of Idaho for less than a week, I feel that I can accurately pass judgement upon the school. The academics seem adequate and meet my expectations. Social life on the other hand is very disappointing, if you don't join Greek life then you probably won't have the best time. That last point is especially true if you don't have any friends attending the school with you.

Shannon

I just transferred to UI this fall, and I absolutely love it here. It feels like a small school, but also not too small. The campus is beautiful in all seasons. Most of the professors seem to be friendly and easily accessible. I love the small-town feel of Moscow, Idaho and how community-orientated everything is. Come tour this school!

Azucena

The university is a beautiful campus full of diversity. Students are willing to help those who are lost or even to show around town. The faculty are always respectful and help students who need extra help on assignments. There is something always going on and I believe there s always some type of fun on campus, whether it be carnival or school event.

Tara

The instructors are extremely helpful. The advisors are helpful but not as much as I would like. The program I am going into is extremely reputable. The campus is very big and parking is not the best. The campus is very confusing to navigate around.

Ellie

I love the UI. My parents both graduated here, so I am a little biased, but I genuinely love the atmosphere and the campus. It's in a beautiful part of the Palouse and there are so many activities that are offered. The professors are wonderful, and you can always find a helping hand; classes are pretty small in general (I have classes with almost 50 people, and that's the largest of mine), and all of the older students in your disciplines will offer to help with difficult classes.

Branden

I love this school, has a great environment and always has students with good attitudes and drive for their majors. The class size here and teachers are great not too big; teachers actually will help you outside of class. Love this school and the Greek​ life as well!

Bailey

I enjoy the University of Idaho very much and I am super happy I chose this school! When I came to visit the school I instantly fell in love. The Greek system is fabulous and I love every part of it. We have tutors on campus who are willing to help anyone. I have never had a problem meeting with a professor.

Adriana

University of Idaho was the first school I went and toured while I was still in high school. The moment I saw it I fell in love with not just the school, but with the town, the people, everything! I applied to 13 schools and I visited the majority of them, but nothing compared to how I felt about University of Idaho. I knew this was the place I was going to cal my home for the next four years. I joined a sorority and met an amazing community of people and have created close friendships with people. I am going into my second year and I can not wait to go back. The class sizes for your major and even most general educations classes are not huge which I appreciated because it made me feel more comfortable. There are so many resources on campus that are very helpful. My first semester I was always at the Writing Center where students are there to help one look over a paper and give feedback. They were so helpful I never received a grade below a B on any of my English papers. I have felt comfortable on campus and in town from day one. Don't let the small town and the state Idaho deter you because I could not have imagined spending my college career in any other place.

I really like the University of Idaho. The campus is very pretty all year round and the students are nice. The professors are really helpful and there are plenty of opportunities to do original research. I love my departments and the University of Idaho. Although the food is not all that great and it can get plenty hot in some buildings and cold in others. Though the University of Idaho has its flaws, I would recommend the school to anyone!

Lillian

Overall, I would say the University of Idaho is the best college to attend in the state. Not only are the faculty here to support their students, but our professors make it a point to let you know they are here for your benefit. On top of a great variety of classes, the University of Idaho offers many fun extracurricular activities where you can forge friendships and pave the way through your college experience. I plan to attend through undergraduate and graduate school.

Kassi

It’s a nice school. Everyone is nice and easy to talk to. It’s a big enough campus to not get lost but small enough to not stress. The teachers reply semi fast and are easy going. They help if problems come up. I enjoy game days and go with my friends.

Risa

I love going to UI. The campus life is great. There always seems to be something going on between the Greek life, clubs, and intramural sports. The academics are great too. Most teachers seem to care about the individuals in their class and want to see them succeed.

Melissa

It's a very nice place to live! There are a lot of interesting people, but at the same time, the college isn't huge...in fact, it's rather small which gives it a very homey feel. It's gotten to the point where I view the University as my home rather than where I've been living most of my life.

Victoria

I visited the University of Idaho when I was just a junior in high school. I absolutely fell in love because it was far from home and even better, a couple minutes away from Washington. I have only heard great things about the school like the support system and the staff is so friendly and open for all the questions asked. It is also a huge school with different diversities and I want to explore that world and the University of Idaho will help me discover these new people.

Kai

mkmkm

April

To me the University of Idaho is more than just an educational institution, it is a home. I say this because of how welcoming and genuine the faculty, staff and students are. While touring colleges and making the decision of where to go I was apprehensive to live somewhere far from home because of how dependent I was on my parents. I decided to tour the University of Idaho because I had some friends recommend it to me. On the tour it rained, snowed, hailed and had clear skies all in the same day. I am not a big fan of poor weather conditions but I still couldn't help falling in love with the campus and people. This was a shock to me because I am such a homebody and had planned on living at home throughout my undergraduate degree. Although this would have been more cost-effective, going to UIdaho has been the best decision of my life. I went back a couple weeks later and sat down with my advisor and registered for classes. There were so many helpful people around me that made this such an easy and enjoyable experience. I then signed up for recruitment over the summer, not knowing what I was getting myself into. I thought this would be a good way to get involved with the university and community, but I did not expect it to turn into such an important, life changing experience. The greek life at UIdaho pushes people to be the best versions of themselves and that is exactly what had happened to me. Within one year I had accomplished so many goals of mine that I never thought I would have the strength to do. I ran for a leadership position and got a 4.0 GPA the first semester of college. This is all because I was in a house full of empowered women encouraging me to fulfill my goals. The University of Idaho is somewhere that motivates students to get involved with the university and community. There's an abundance of volunteer opportunities, clubs to join, or even involvement in student government. Going into my sophomore year I am so eager to see what the next three years have in store for me at the University of Idaho. After finding my confidence, ambition and best friends during my freshman year, I am going into these next years so excited to find the next best version of myself.

Isabelle

My first year was very unique. I entered college with no help from family in terms of monetary contribution. University of Idaho was very helpful in finding me many more opportunities in order to pay for college. The classes, including sizes, are wonderful. The majority of my teachers have been extremely helpful in many ways. The only "bad things" to discuss would be the sports that are not recruited very well and so we suffer many losses. Also, the on-campus dining at the dining halls do not have great food.

Briseida

I think that the University of Idaho is great! Although I do believe that we do need more funding to support certain areas of studies. Greek life is definitely a big deal but it is not everything. And there are definitely kids who participate in extracurricular activities and other organizations. It is a great environment and a great place to be. Although Moscow is a small town the shops aren't all that great and they definitely need more stores open around town.

Joshua

The University of Idaho is am absolutely amazing school! We have wonderful professors that actually care about your education and well-being. There are so many clubs, organizations, and ways to get involved with this school. Also, the city of Moscow is so beautiful and welcoming to all new Vandals. The Vandal family is definitely strong at the University of Idaho and beyond. I am so proud to call myself a Vandal and attend such an amazing University.

Myryda

I feel as though the inner workings and the politics of the administration is questionable at the very least. However most of the instructors that I have had enjoy teaching and are knowledgeable. Plus, you cannot beat the tuition rates. I would really like to see more offered for the students and faculty that is not another giant area that will barley get filled during the academic year.

nicholas

To get right to the point, the University of Idaho is a great school. To expand further, it is the personal interactions that occur between the students, staff, and faculty. The professors are always available, and I have found them to incredibly helpful and accommodating of both myself and other students. The students (for the most part) are very sociable and respectful of one another, and incredibly supportive. There was recently an incident comprised of an unknown individual posting racially sensitive posters all over campus. The administration took all of them down quickly, but the most incredible thing is how many students came together to condemn this action, and support those who felt scared or threatened. Of course, the administration does have its own problems. Some of the higher-ups in the administrative hierarchy have committed acts that are unbecoming for someone of their positions or ignored the actions of those below them. In addition, they have questionable, though not illegal, practices when it comes to some of their staff, such as offering a higher pay when signing a new employee, while one who has been in a similar position for many years is ignored. The University of Idaho isn't perfect, but in terms of community and raw education, there is nowhere else that I would rather attend. I have changed as a person for the better, and I've seen this change occur in others. I hope this wave of change is continued throughout the student body, and that the university can clean up its mistakes and put them in the rear view mirror.

Grace

The University of Idaho has a beautiful campus and a wonderful social atmosphere. There's a friendly face around every corner. The campus tour guides I saw were very well informed and their love of the school was evident. The campus feels like it is it's own lovely town.

Eria

I really enjoy the student/ professor relationship at this school. Most professors make it a priority for their students to succeed. They usually give out their phone numbers for even more accessibility.

Desiree

It is a beautiful school, seems to look vintage but I'm not quite sure if it's all about academics.

Overall its a nice school and a nice place. Moscow resides in a community where many people would love to retire. The professors are very skilled and have many things to teach. The student life is all centered together in one place since the town is surrounded by farming land. This area is affordable to live. The ice buildup in the winter can be a problem.

Jordan

I just completed UIBound and I had so much fun. We toured everywhere. I fell in love with the campus. This is exactly what I envisioned college would be like. I formally accepted my admittance and look forward to the next chapter in my journey at U of I!

Sarai

University of Idaho is a great school, there are many ambassadors to help you around campus. People are so friendly. I had a great experience! Also the University of Idaho has many activities to do. There is a lot of events to attend year round being away from home is difficult but going Greek life you have your sister and brothers to help you along the way or your roommate.

Colette

The culture and student life is generally good. There are a multitude of clubs to join and activities to attend. The university money issues are frustrating, seeing money spent on things that seem unnecessary when there are bigger issues such as parking, counseling service wait time, and food insecurity.

Juan

I love the University. I think it is a beautiful campus and I also love how all the faculty members are so enthusiastic when they talk to me about academics and financial aid things. I also like how the upper classmen have lots of enthusiasm towards their majors, groups they’re involved with, sports, and the campus itself.

Janelle

I am a proud alumni of the University of Idaho. The small class sizes were extremely advantageous. This allowed easy access to my professors and the development of relationships with professors and peers. The University of Idaho also provides an abundance of free tutoring and educational resources for students to succeed. The faculty are genuine and are your biggest cheerleaders. I truly felt like everyone at the University of Idaho wanted me to succeed and that's something special. It's set in a small town which can be refreshing, but at times claustrophobic. With that, it was difficult finding an escape or something to do in order to decompress outside of school. If Washington State University wasn't close by, the U of I would have a great shortage of stores, restaurants, and overall population count. Overall, I would choose the University of Idaho again because of the attention and resources that I received as a student. Living in a small town is an adjustment, but surprisingly a great place for intellectual growth because there are little distractions.

Bailey

Overall University of Idaho is the college that i want to be at. It has an overall great academic environment and lots of extra help opportunity for all students who just need a little extra help. To have those resources are very important to me because it shows that the college wants you to succeed not fail.

Jocelyn

I honestly love it. Campus is absolutely beautiful and all of my professors so far have been amazing. I have met so many different people and its really an eye-opener about how diverse and gorgeous people are. My RA has been fantastic and I couldn't have asked for better roommates. Greek Row is filled with fantastic architecture and we have 33 chapters. There are two arboretums, a golf course, and a lovely modern Rec center complete with a climbing wall.