Albuquerque, NM
University of Phoenix-New Mexico

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-New Mexico

Kate

The stereotype is mid-working class student only go to school online. This is not true because it is becoming a thing for people to study at home in their own time rather than attending an official university.

The discussion boards where people go to make friends and job connections.

The is a very diversity amount of people. I go to school online and meet new people every 5 weeks. I enjoy learning about how everyone lives.

The University of Phoenix is very high paced and take a lot of hard work and self reliance for the student more than the professor.

I wish someone would have told me to get before I study and to take breaks every 20 minutes to retain more information.

Monica

The Univerity of Phoenix is best known for study groups. Initially, I was not excited about working with other people, especially when my grade was at risk. Working with strangers who might or might not pull their own weight on an assigment is what initially kept me from registering. To date, I have only had to participate in one study group. In this one study group that I participated in, the teacher repeated several times. If someone in your group is not participating, let the teacher know. This will allow the teacher the opportunity to grade the homework accordingly.

What is unique about the Univerity of Phoenix is the flexibility given to adult new students, like myelf. The opportunity to meet and network with other adults who are in the business world as well. This same opportunity allows us the opportunity to realize that we are all basically in the same boat. Everyone in the class is trying to balance home, work and school life.

I would tell myself just how important school is for ones future. Important for the work life, finances and happiness. That little paper will give you the oppportunity to make a choice when it comes to employment. That some of those childhood wants and dreams could become a reality. There would be no need to settle for a less paying job just because you have no degree. There will be a point in your life when you will feel like you are stuck; stuck with your finances, work and even home life. The old saying "the world is your oyster" is very true. Once you start school, it will ignite a fire within you. This will be the same fire that will push you to continue going to school. Monica you are smarter than what you think. You can handle it. If you decide not to go to school, be prepared for all the settling to come. Monica, you also need to think about the example you will reflect to your children. People always want the best for their children, you need to be prepared to give that to yourself as well. You can do it.

Heather

DearFormer Self; What a long strange journey it as been that brought you to the cross roads of your future. I know you wouldn't have changed a thing though; as change is a challenge of adaptation, and it doesn't kill you; it makes you stronger. It took that long and hard journey to make many self discoveries of what it was that you wanted out of life; and the path to take to get there. Keep in mind former self, to manage your time wisely. Time can be your friend; yet also your enemy. Your are only as old as you feel. It is never too late to take on any new challenge that could alter the path of your life for the better. Any arguments that say otherwise are futile; so keep that in mind all times. You are the key to your success! Stay tride and true on your path by continuing withyour studies, keeping your mind on your goals, and your minds eye on the positive; life changing future events that come from completing all your goals! Use the drive and determination within yourself to accomplish everything that you wish to achieve to get there!

If I could talk to myself as if I was a senior I would tell myself to focus on an education and stop stressing about little things. I would make myself have more faith and believe that I am worthy and can finish high school. I would encourage myself and others that taking leadership, pride and honor in our grades, life and family means and proves more than highschool drama, friends, and boyfriends. I would also say dont rely on any of your freinds and follow in behind them, always be your leader and lead yourself just be you and focus on your life and acoplishments.

Juli

With five week classes, many working adults attend. You can complete your education with an associates or bachelors' degree in a shorter amount of time than the traditional college or university, while working full time.

Don't give up! Things are going to get a bit tough and you will go through some hard times when it seems that the whole world is against you. But don't give up. At a point in the future, you will look back and see that it wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time and you will be happy for the lessons you learned, even the hard ones. Stay in school, don't think it will be OK to go back in a couple of years, because those years just add up and before you know it you are back in school because of a bucket list. Oh, and another thing - he is just a boy, yes he is cute, but 20 years from now he isn't that cute anymore. You can thank him for the family you will have, but that is about it. Remember to smile, it can get you far.

General education classes tend to be limited to just the introductory class. I would have liked to have had the opportunity for additional classes in biology or astronomy than the into class.

Kassandra

I had always known that I would attend college to chase my dream and succeed in life... but what exactly was I chasing? Throughout high school, I hadn't the slightest idea of what I wanted to do with my life. I just went on attending school while the years passed by without even thinking of what career I should pursue. However, I did know that I did not want to waste my life away; I wanted to make something of myself. I wanted to make the people that I love and myself proud. Accomplishing this goal and going beyond was something I had always been sure of. How could I accomplish this goal if I didn't even know what I wanted to be in the future? So far, college life has truly helped me figure out what I want to be and made me realize that I would do anything in order to get to where I wanted. With that said, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself to not waste any time and figure out what I'm most passionate about.

Patricia

I work at ADP (Automated Data Processing) and most of our managers have graduated with their Bachelor's from UOP. They inspired me to continue my education for a better career and a better example for my children and my sisters. I am proud to say I am the first to in my family to have a degree. I will work hard to obtain my Master's as well. I have also met the most diverse group of friends at UOP that are outspoken and have made me look at myself in a whole othe way. Love diversity.

Patricia, apply for West Point Academy. You have a great chance of getting in as long as you do not get pregnant. If that is inevitable, then move to Corpus Christy with Aunt Adela and take her up on her assistance for college. Get out of El Paso and away from family who eventhough they love you, will keep you away from college. You will get your degree, but it will be much harder as you will give up time to be from your kids who needs you. Oh, and if you stay in the 915, go to EPCC, there you will meet lots of people who are in your same boat. People who work, have kids, have problem, are on Financial Aid, and have relationship issues. You will learn how to study and cope with everyday life. Believe me, you will need it when you go to UOP or another college for your Bachelor's because life gets harder. You can do it. I know you can. Don't lose faith and remember to love yourself.

The most frustrating thing about UOP is the learning teams. You may get a team member who is lazy or does not do his or her work as well as other team members using family issues week after week. You fees bad because we all have family issues at one time or another, but it is hard that after a while of being in the same learnng team and becoming friends, you don't have the heart to confront your team member/friend and tell them they are slacking on their portion of the work.

Stephan

It's funny that you ask because I always joke about how nice it would be to go back in time and relive my 20's with the wisdom I have at 32. My first piece of advice to my 18 year old self would be to go see a therapist and have myself tested for ADHD. Having seen the things I have accomplished while on ADHD medicine, I can say with a great deal of certaintity that my life would have been drastically different had I been diagnosed sooner. After that, I would try to get my younger self to understand how fast time goes by. I would encourage my 18 year old not to squander any opportunity no matter how big or small. Lastly, I would tell my younger self that Mom and Dad do grow old. I would chastise myself for not being a better son, even though I always tried to honor my parents, I would tell myself to try harder. I won't ever get to have this conversation with myself, so I must focus on the now and make peace with the past. That's all any of us can do.

Beverly

I would tell myself to get my act together and go to college, get my degree done. I would also make sure that I knew about grants, scholarships, and student loans. I would tell myself to go pursue my dreams first, and not give up regardless of how tough it got! I would also tell myself to act like an adult and take responsiability for my actions and step up to the plate and handle business.

University of Phoenix-New Mexico administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.